Thursday, August 17, 2023

Friday Face OFF Alien or Sea Creature?

 

 Welcome to Friday Face OFF (FFO)
 This is where you can show any kind of face in any medium. Let your imagination go wild. Then link your blog to this one, link up with MR. Linky and start leaving comments. You will not be disappointed.
 
I just amaze myself. LOL I am all ready for the community wide yard sale, and for my show. Now what I create is just extra and I can't wait to show you the extra. 
Not today though. 😀
For now lets get into FFO.
This is a trial piece and I am keeping her for myself. For some reason I really like her.
I can't decide if she is alien or sea creature or maybe she is an alien that lived in the sea? You tell me.
 
I had a slew of how-to photos on my camera and while doing photo shoots for the flyer for my show the darn 
how-to photos got deleted. uurrrgggg.
This creature started with a styrofoam mannequin female head. I cut out the mouth and eyes, made the nose larger, added ears and the ridges on the head and cheeks. After all that dried I applied the skin allowed the first layer to dry and added another layer. I added the eyeballs. Then I did the 3 or 4 layers of painting. After each layer of paint it has to dry before the next layer can be applied. This is why I have several projects going at once. There is a lot of drying time with the creatures and skulls. I was going to add lips but I like her mouth the way it is. The fun thing is I can always add to this face.
 

Here skin is so cool.


 My featured artist this week is;
The Supermoon

Also I wanted to give a shout out to 
Gene Black for his quilted skull.

I'm also linking up with Gillena,

That's it for today. Now it's your turn to show me your face.
 
Nicole
 

23 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

For some reason, she reminds me of a sea creature too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I agree with Debra. She reminds me of a sea creature. The texture of her skin is amazing. Unusual, yet realistic.

Sorry to read about your loss of photos. I have accidentally deleted a few photos, but never a large amount. I hope you share your flyer when you have it finished. Have a super FFO, dear Nicole and thanks for hosting.

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, she is beautiful! Shoot to the sadly deleted pics!
I don´t know if I had the patience for this, though.
But I need to do something with the eyes I have!
Have a happy Friday (and I just bet your Alien Sea Creature would sell super-great!).

Rita said...

Yes, looks like she could be a sea monster alright!
Have a super weekend. :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your face today, beautifully made! Sorry about the teeth, same thing here! Have a great Friday,hugs, Valerie

Rostrose said...

Dear Nicole, your creature makes me think of the being from the Shape of Water movie - clearly a water creature - but at the same time a deity... and therefore probably "coming from somewhere outside"...
In my blog there are again different faces - how do you like the little "Ziesel" (= some kind of ground squirrel), for example?
All the best from Austria and have a nice weekend
Traude
🌼❤️🌼
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/08/romerstadt-carnuntum-und-die-tiere-von.html

roentare said...

It does look like a sea creature!

Tom said...

...what can I say, she's a beauty!

Tom said...

...do you believe in aliens?

David M. Gascoigne, said...

All I can say is that if she’s in the sea I don’t want to swim there!

My name is Erika. said...

I really like her a lot too. Sea creature for me.Boy those eyes really make her look alive. Happy weekend Nicole. hugs-Erika

Gene Black said...

Wow, she does look as if she is a sea creature. Perhaps she is the spawn of an alien experiment in mating with sea creatures. Or maybe an interdimensional portal opened somewhere at the bottom of the ocean and she wandered through it from the ocean in the other dimension. Whatever, I think she is awesome.

Jeanie said...

I think she's a sea creature. She's really rather fascinating -- a little scary but not malevolent.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Hmmm ... that is a hard choice, but I go with the alien who lives in the sea. Those ridges could pass for gills and those sea blue eyes. Yep, for sure she lives in the sea. You are pretty amazing, I hope you know that. You accomplish more than 10 of me could do. I am still trying to create a book for my friend showing all of the adventures we have shared over the years. It seems to be taking me forever. Speed is not my strength ... but you put out constantly and even when you are having to deal with the throws of Lupus. Once again Nicole, you are amazing...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Fundy Blue said...

Hi, Nicole! I love this face. IMHO I don't think you need to add another thing to it. The open mouth and nose pull you into those compelling eyes. She looks dismayed, like she can't believe something that she sees. I thought sea creature at first, but the more I look at her the more she looks like an alien to me. Good luck with the yard sale and show. How frustrating that you lost photographs! I so get that! Take care, and hugs to you!

carol l mckenna said...

Very creative face ~ lots of work ~ she is emerging most definitely ~ not who she will be ~ there is a beauty about her ~


Wishing your good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Yes she looks like a sea creature, love her.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Maybe I should try to be creative with Styrofoam.

Coffee is on, and stay safe.

Lowcarb team member said...

I'm going with an alien that lived in the sea :)

All the best Jan

Divers and Sundry said...

I know you're happy to be ready. I'm wanting to see the sale :) I think the face looks like it belongs to a sea creature. I can imagine swimming along and diving and seeing that face.

Debra said...

It was fun to read about the process you used to create this creature, and she does look like a sea being.

J C said...

Oh Oh she is very very awesome. I am looking for a skull...of some sort...to apply lots and lot of jewels and glitter. Dia DLM is coming up soon.

baili said...

She is magnificent
Best of luck for yard sale