Thursday, August 3, 2023

Friday Face OFF 8/4/23

 

 Welcome to Friday Face OFF (FFO)

 This is where you can show any kind of face in any medium. Let your imagination go wild. Then link your blog to this one, link up with MR. Linky and start leaving comments. You will not be disappointed.
I can't tell you how fast my week has gone. I started drawing a face for this weeks FFO and well, it is sitting on my table. So you get something a bit different.  I was asked by several of my readers, how I come up with these creatures and how I got like this. LOL
It comes from when I was very little. My dad and I would stay up and watch all the scary movies on TV. This was in the 50s. There was nothing better than Bela Lugosi, Lon Chaney Jr., Boris Karloff, Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing, in movies that are now classics. Monsters, creatures from other planets, the dead have always intrigued me. I have never been afraid of these things and the night is something I love. Bats, Vampires, Werewolves, witches, monsters, aliens and the things that come out at night are all welcome here. I have always been attracted to them. I have always created art about them as well, however not like I have been doing over the last year. I feel like I am in my place when creating creatures. I just wish I had the funds to purchase more professional materials. For now, I am happy.
This is a creature in the Series, "FROM"
I seriously love this face.


 

Mary Schelleys Frankenstein

 A Monster from the movie, "Don't Speak"


 From "The Walking Dead"


 I love this "Mummy" movie.


F.W. Murnau’s eerie silent classic is 101 years old, and it still has the power to shock and horrify.  “Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror” (1922)


 


Blogger isn't allowing me to type in the Witches Square. Witches of old were strong minded women who where healers, poets, dancers, song writers, teacher and men didn't like that. 
 
The featured artist this week is;
I also want to share part 2 of the Trolls from Erika N. 
There are so many cool photos, I wanted to show this one so you can see just how large these are.
 

 I'm also linking with Gillena

This post went so far off of what I had planned. Maybe that's a good thing.
Now, it's time to show me your face.
 
Nicole
 

20 comments:

Cloudia said...

The night is magical!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I saw "Nosferatu" on TV when I was a kid and it scared the bejesus right out of me. I still consider it the most terrifying horror movie I have ever seen. You're right -- a true classic of the silver screen!

roentare said...

Faces of darkness.

Iris Flavia said...

Saying "such a sweet thing you and your Father had" sounds maybe strange - but I think it is sweet after all. I mean... this way you must think of him a lot, which is wonderful.
As you maybe remember we have ghosts and such in our condo/bedroom too.
I just don´t know if I should brave up to the Fremantle-Prison-night-tour.
Bet you would!
We´ve visit twice at daytime and once I nearly... passed out (be it the heat in the very small room with many people or seeing where real people were hanged I do not know).
I like scary movies. But what if... I know too much about that prison already.
I once was in an abandoned asylum - by myself (by accident and mates came later) - I freaked a little. Years later I saw the episode of Supernatural where they are in such an asylum... ohhhh...!

Rita said...

I have always loved the night and a born night owl, much to my parent's chagrin. The only creepy movies I liked when I was young where those old black and white ones--and they never scared me at all. Particularly fond of the ones with Egyptian mummies in them--lol! You must love The Walking Dead! I did watch that for several seasons but quit...not because of the dead but because of the horrible living--lol! Not a fan of the grisly, gruesome faces, but I know how much you love making them. Kudos! :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I fell asleep while reading this post. I was wiped out because I had to replace my hose and I had to mow because the broken hose watered the yard, but not the herbs. Horrible heat here, too. At 7 pm, it was 107 F (40.7 C).

Some of these were scary. Some were freaky, and I have never seen a single one of these films.

I know what you mean by purchasing more professional materials. But I have to make due with what I have and you seem to also do great with your talents and your materials you own.

There is another troll park. It's in the south, but I was changing channels and didn't catch the name of the place. They seem to be in high demand.

Have a super weekend, dear Nicole.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of scary photos today, they make me shiver! Hope you are doing well, Nicole, take care, hugs, Valerie 🤗

sirkkis said...

Stunning portraits.
Enjoy a weekend xx

NatureFootstep said...

lol, You and I are compleately opposites. But that is because I have a habit of thinking of how restricted my life would be if I was one of your caracters.
If I had to choose one caracter I would be a witch! A curious one! :) :)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I can’t say I’ve ever had a fascination with the macabre. I’m okay with that!

Tom said...

...Nicole, Halloween sure is lasting a long time! Thanks for hosting the party, be well.

My name is Erika. said...

That is a great face. I love seeing the old movie photos too. I love how you used to watch scary movies with your dad. My Dad and I used to watch westerns, and I love them because I always think of being with him. Thanks for sharing another troll photo. It is much appreciated. Have a super weekend Nicole. hugs-Erika

Gene Black said...

I grew up watching scary movies also. I never had nightmares because of it. Although I have always had a vivid dreaming state.

Have you watched Stranger Things on Netflix? I am in season three now.

Christine said...

Happy FFO! Thanks for sharing how you developed a love for ghouls. -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Mae Travels said...

It’s sad that you feel as if you would do better with professional materials, but I’m always amazed at. your ingenuity in finding lost objects to transform into fascinating little works of art.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

carol l mckenna said...

Creative works all ~ you are so talented ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A Shutter Bug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Fundy Blue said...

Hi, Nicole! Your faces are striking, as always. I am amazed at what you create. I loved your story about your dad and you watching horror shows together and how it influenced you. I watched some horror stories with my father over the years, but he was very frightened by them. He would cover his eyes and peek through two narrowly spaced fingers. He had a deep respect for ghosts and supernatural phenomena, but he never talked about why. I've been influenced by him and I can't watch horror shows. They're too intense. We arrived home late yesterday afternoon after visiting my family in Nova Scotia. I've linked my Wednesday IWSG post with your FFO because it has lots of happy faces. I hope this coming week is less hectic for you! Take care!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I get scared easily so I don't watch horror movies very often. You seem to make some marvellous things with the materials that you do have.

Rostrose said...

Dear Nicole,
It's really interesting that you were so unafraid of all these creatures. As a child I was even afraid of the wood grain of the closet in my room (when it was half dark) ... People are so different. But it's nice that you found your vocation with the "creatures of the night". Too bad you didn't work as a make-up artist or something similar...
Now to my link: I find the faces of bird and wolf particularly interesting in my post today. Not a werewolf though...
All the best and warm August greetings,
Traude
🌼🪴🍀🌻❤️🌼🪴🍀🌻
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/08/ruckblick-auf-den-rostrosen-sommer-2023.html

Lowcarb team member said...

Growing up, I remember we used to watch a lot of western tv shows and films.
I don't tend to watch horror movies ...

You've certainly shared some scary faces here.

All the best Jan