Monday, August 7, 2023

T Stands for stupid busy

 Hi Everyone!

Well, sometimes I just get stupid busy. The weekend after Labor day is the city wide garage sale and I have commited to it. Tomorrow morning I will go to our local news paper to sign up for it. Then, of course the end of Sept is my show. Now there is a method to my madness. I figure I will get rid of things that need to go, make a few bucks and hand out flyers for the show. It has, however, put me in the state of stupid busy. Not to mention that everyday this week Mr. M. and I have appts. including going to Salem. Uhhhggg I'm tire alread.

In the mean time I have onions that are so big and beautiful that I can't stand it. LOL This is the first time growing onions and I didn't know I have to cure/dry them. 
 Mr. M. jumped right in to make me a drying rack. He said next year he will build a better one but for now I have this. 
This is the bottom rack. I am happy to announce that 2 of the sweet onions weigh almost 2lbs. Hey, not a blue ribbon but I am very happy with the onions. I still have more in the ground waiting for the stalks to fall over.
 
For this next bit I got carried away. LOL
I'm sure you remember my Voodoo hat. I did stain the skulls.
 This side pretty much stayed the same.


 And this looks the same as well.


 However the top and back is now covered in fake flowers. Of course one has to have at least one eye in the back of their head.


 The hat also now adorns a copper chain a silky bow with 2 kinds of spiders.



I will keep this for myself. Who knows maybe someone will order one. LOL
I'm linking up today with 
Bleubeard and Elizabeth. In order to do this I must show a drink. Today it was beer thirty for me. 

Be sure to stop by The T-Party to see what everyone is doing. 
Have a great day
Nicole
 

23 comments:

roentare said...

The voodoo hat is wicked! Good to be busy from time to time. Mind does not wander.

Tom said...

...busy is ok, stupid busy probably not.

Rita said...

Wow! Those are some good-sized onions! So nice to have a rack for them--and a bigger one next year. I can picture you answering the door on Halloween wearing that hat! lol! :)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I didn't think you could improve on that hat's perfection . . . the spiders and that eyeball prove me wrong!

Christine said...

Happy T! The onions look good

Mae Travels said...

Fantastic hats! I suspect they will be a hit with the customers.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Your onions look wonderful to me. Recently a friend of ours was away and she donated her farm share to us, which included large sweet onions and green onions and they were both fabulous. Busy is good, craziness not so much! Stay well and take good care.

Lisca said...

I hope the garage sale goes well. Good idea to hand out leaflets.
The voodoo hat is amazing. (a bit scary but fun).
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Gene Black said...

Wow, you did a lot to the hat. I like the stained skulls much better.
Those onions look great.

nwilliams6 said...

The onions look fabulous! How wonderful to have such a great variety too.

The hat is amazing! Such super details. Hope you wear it at your show.

Wishing you much sucess in your garage sale. Hubby does gun shows and it is always a crazy rush right before them. Even stresses me.

I love an ice cold Coors. Happy T-day and hugz to you, Nicole.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your hat is spookily beautiful, I'm sure you will look great in it! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think you are wise to sign up for the garage sale. You can definitely call attention to your show. I just hope it isn't as stupid busy as it sounds (grin). LOVE that hat. It's definitely a WOW factor.

I would have no idea how to dry onions, so it is great that Mr. M came up with a way to dry them. He's definitely a keeper.

LOVE how you call it beer thirty. I hope it was just what the doctor ordered.

Thanks for sharing your onions, your awesome hat, and your beer with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nicole.

Granny Annie said...

Your artistic mind takes you to the most creative places. Always love it all.

Debra said...

Your garden always amazes me!

Iris Flavia said...

Wow on those onions (and rack!).
Triple-WOW on the hat! Love the eye. Shoot. I really need to use my fake-eyes for the glasses-mobile...
Happy T-Day and have a great (if busy) week

Divers and Sundry said...

What a great hat. I mean, really, a Great Hot!

Amila said...

life can get really hectic sometimes, especially with commitments like preparing for an event. your upcoming show will be a success!. It sounds like you've got a plan to make the most out of the situation. These onions look fresh and great to see such a harvest from the garden!
Happy T day!

Kate Yetter said...

OH, I wish I could grow onions as beautiful as yours! They look amazing, you certainly have a green thumb. Best wishes as you prepare for your show.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

That is a fabulous drying rack Nicole. Isn't it great to have a handy hubby? And your onions look amazing. AS does that hat. I'm late getting by but I do hope it was a super T day. hugs-Erika

Carola Bartz said...

Your onions look fantastic! I be they are delicious as well. Busy is usually good, but if it gets too wild, then it is more stressful (not so good). Happy T day!

Sharon Madson said...

I know about stupid busy. It seems all my different types of doctor appointments are all in August! I started taking a computer class, every Tuesday afternoon in August. Ans Bible study on Tuesday mornings. and everything else! Yes, I know stupid busy! We shall prevail! LOL
Congratulations on your onion crop! Happy T Day.

carol l mckenna said...

Oh Wow! Look at those onions ~ kudos to hubby for building the rack and great skeletons ~ very creative ~ as always ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Jeanie said...

I went absolutely bonkers prepping for my garage sale. I send you all good wishes for a successful event. And those onions! MY! Fabulous!