Hi Everyone!
Today is Tuesday and that means a day with Elizabeth and Bleubeard.
I really can't believe a week has gone by. I guess I've just been busy.
I took some left over beans.
Added the beans.
I grated some cheese and I started making burritos.
After they were all rolled up I placed them on a sheet and put them into the freezer for several hours.
Tonight I made nachos for dinner.
I watched a youtube where the lady made chocolate cherry dump cake. I've never made a dump cake before but thought this would be good for my monthly gathering.
Now unless you want to go into a sugar coma, I do not recommend this. You can see I took a small bite. The girls loved it but no me. Plus not good for Mr. M. I cut the recipe in half.
I took 1 can of cherry pie filling and poured it into a small baking dish. I weighed out half of a chocolate cake mix and spread it over the cherries.
As directed I cut pieces of butter and laid them on top of the cake mix. Bake at 350°F 176°C and bake for 40 minutes. Or until the cherries are bubbling up around the cake. Let it cool completely. Like I said, get ready for a sugar high.
My drink for this week is a treat for me.
Nicole
32 comments:
I´m impressed on how you managed to not at least share one burrito At.Once!!!
Same here with the rice... And Nachos, hmmmm... Have a happy T-Day!
You have been busy in the kitchen and the results are fabulous. Well done!
I have made a similar dump cake, but it used the entire cake mix.
Last time I had a coke or something similar must be over 40 years ago..nacho looks good.
I love Mexican food! I would really like to find time to make home-made flour tortillas to use for burritos and such. We're doing our best to avoid certain oils because DH seems sensitive to some and those culprits aren't as healthy for you, too.
The chocolate cherry dump cake would be something we'd love! Mmm, now I want cake! Shame on you, Nicole for doing this to me! :D
We aren't much of soda drinkers anymore. We went through a phase where we'd get sugar free sodas, but if we want soda then we definitely won't get anymore of that because of all the cancer related issues tied to sugar free drinks. I'm really glad I'm not hooked on soft drinks anymore.
Have an awwesome week, dear friend! xo
Those canned pie fillings are sugar deadly. I don't think I've ever made a dump cake either. But your burritos look amazing. Yum. I made some apple crisp yesterday and the best thing about crisp is you don't need to peel the apples if you slice them thin and you don't need to add sugar unless it's too tart. Thanks for sharing all this yummy food. And happy T day too. hugs-Erika
you are an artist in the kitchen too!
Happy Tuesday, Nicole.
Thanks for dropping by my blog, today
Much love
Wow! Great cooking ~ Hugs,
ps ~ got your comment about comment failing on my blog ~ not sure why that happened ~ just a glitch with the storms we have been having probably ????
Bom dia minha querida amiga. Obrigado pela visita e comentário. O Parque Estadual dos Três Picos, acho que fica uns 65 quilômetros da casa da minha mãe. Ficar no meio da natureza, não tem preço. Suas receitas são maravilhosas. Acho que comi burritos, só uma vez. Uma excelente manhã de terça-feira, para você e todos os seus familiares no USA e grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.
Your dump cake revives vague memories from long ago… my cousin shared a recipe that used canned pie filling but I can’t find it.
I'm always hungry when I leave your blog on Tuesday. I really MUST get something to eat after I leave you a comment.
I love your beans and Rotel recipe. Spicy, but not hot.
I'm also not a fan of white rice. I usually add salsa to mine.
That dump cake sounds delicious to me. Of course, I love anything sweet!
I also love AW root beer. Thanks for sharing your meals and root beer zero with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nicole.
Yum! I love that bean mixture, that sounds really nice.
I'm not sure about thr cake. I don't really know what a dump cake is but I would use fresh fruit. And cake mix, I have never seen either (I make a cake from scratch. Not that difficult. Just mix the ingredients). I think a cake with cherries would be yummy.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca
How nice to have meals ready to heat up! Nothing like it!
You have been busy in the kitchen - your nachos look good.
All the best Jan
yummy food!
The Zero Sugar root beer tastes good. I love a burrito so that looks really good to me.
Freezer burritos are such a lifesaver on busy weeknights when cooking from scratch is the last thing you want to do. That chocolate cherry dump cake looks wonderfully rich, even if it ended up being a total sugar rush! Enjoying a sweet cold drink after getting all that meal prep done is the best reward.
Planning your meals ahead is a great idea. Love nachos, they are my favourite Mexican meal. Have a wonderful day!
What's so organised. Good for you! #TforTuesday
All your food looks great! I just discovered dump cakes last year! The best one so far was made with Mennonite home canned spiced peaches and yellow cake mix! Took that 9x13 to church potluck. We didn’t even get any! I am going to try apple pie filling this month. Now, I will try your cherry and chocolate combo. My hubby will love that because he likes black Forrest cake. Thanks for the idea; I wouldn’t have thought of that combo. Happy T Dsy.
Nikole, I hope they told you that you have golden hands, kiss and hug, Andreja!
You certainly have been busy in your kitchen, handy to have meals done when you are not well to do them.
Those freezer burritos are such a lifesaver for busy weeknights when nobody feels like standing over the stove. Dump cakes always trick me because they look so easy, but you're not kidding about the sugar rush. Enjoy that well-deserved drink after spending so much time prepping everything.
waue, this is good inspiration
I think I'll pass on the cake! But I'll have a burrito, pease!
Good idea to meal prep for those nights you don't feel like cooking. That would be every night for me. I love dump cakes. Quick and easy. Happy T Day
Freezing the burritos on a sheet first before wrapping them is smart, I bet they don't stick together that way. Dinner already sorted for those tired evenings, I could use a stash like that. Cutting the dump cake recipe in half was probably wise too.
Look at all those yummy meals! I love how you took leftovers and made something new.
Our leftovers always end up going to waste. I try to have a leftover night once a week, but sometimes it's hard to tell what leftovers we'll have.
Ash @ Essentially Ash
Lovely presentations of delicious looking food!
Boa noite minha querida amiga Nicole. O Parque Estadual dos Três Picos é incrível. Uma excelente noite de quarta-feira, para você e todos os seus familiares no USA, um excelente mês de outubro e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.
Que comida tan deliciosa, me hiciste babear!
Post a Comment