Hi Everyone!
It's Tuesday ( actually I'm writing this on Monday) and I'm joining Elizabeth and Bleubeard for T-Tuesday.
I was going to get photos outside today but it is storming something wicked out. My driveway is flooded, the wind is gusting at 30mph, so we are watching the fence, and it's cold. I had to turn on a heater.
Today you get AI images and a cookies that really suck. 😁
First the AI. I made these last night. As I mentioned before, NightCafe change some of the rules for non paying customers. It does take longer to receive your image. Also they removed style selection, so we only get to use models. However, I'm finding that my images are better. More detailed and better reaction to my descriptions.
A week or so ago I asked for well wishes for Mr. M. As hard as we try to keep him in good health his body is just not cooperating. His renal blood work came back with all great results. Then, his AIC came back and he is now type 2 diabetic. In addition that same day his cardiologist informed us that Mr. M. now has AFib. This is all do to CKD. We are OK and over the shock of it all. Have you ever tried to create a kidney friendly, diabetic, heart healthy diet? It's impossible! Some things overlap but what's good for kidney is not good for the other two things.
We don't see the dietitian until August.
In the mean time, we are just going to live life. Stop worrying about every little thing we eat or drink.
With that said, I decided to make diabetic cookies. YUUUUKKKK. This recipe is horrible. I will make up my own recipes like I do for kidney friendly.
These are spice cookies made with splenda. First splenda does not mix will with no salt butter. The dough was heavy and I knew before I ever baked them that they would not taste great.
They don't! Mr. M. said they were just dry. Uhhh I think he would eat anything I put in front of him. LOL I tossed them.
Later, I gave him some fresh cantaloupe.
OK for heart and diabetes but I have to portion it for CKD.
That's it for now.
Have a great day everyone!
Nicole





23 comments:
These look amazing :-D Yikes not ideal, hard to get a balance. I like cantaloupe though :-D
Poor Mr M, but after taking such care of him, you might deserve something stiffer than hot water. 😇😉
Ugh! Hot water ... can't you put something in it like tea? Sorry about Mr.M's health issues. I am sure it is hard for you as you have to creat menus that he can eat and that are enjoyable at the same time. You would think, given the circumstances, that the dietition could fit you in sooner. Our Healthcare system really sucks (I apologize for the foul language, but sometimes nothing else fits the situation ). I hope things get better soon.
Andrea @ From the Sol
I'm sorry to hear that Mr M is facing so many problems, and so are you, trying to create a tasty diet for him.
Hot water is good - I drink it all day every day with a dash of either lemon or lime juice (not squash.)
I'm sorry to hear about Mr M's health issues. Enjoy your food at the moment because when the dietician comes in August, you will probably have to squeeze out every creative juice you have in you to create nice meals.
Talking about creativity. Your images are beautiful, especially the first one (my favorite).
Happy T-Day,
Lisca
Your AI art is stunning. So sorry they changed the rules. Your art is still incredible.
So very sorry to read about Mr. M's newest diagnoses. It's too bad that some are contraindicated. I hope you find healthy food he can eat until you see the dietitian can see him in August.
I remember my grandfather used to drink hot water first thing in the morning. He said it was good for his digestion. Thanks for sharing your hot water with us, as well as your AI work and various foods for T this Tuesday, dear Nicole.
I don't have a clue about what foods are bad for kidneys, but I have some decent diabetic recipes. I will email you the one I have on my computer desktop as I am running behind and have to hurry.
So sorry that Mr M is facing so many problems with his health it doesn't make food choices easy does it!!! I hope the dietician you see in August will be able to advise you.
For now I send good wishes.
All the best Jan
When my husband was on dialysis he experienced A-fib a few times. And since he had the transplant, the meds have given him type 2 diabetes also. It sucks, doesn't it? He is responding well to diabetes meds though. I hope you get everything figured out.And nice images, and I hope your storm doesn't blow the fence away. Happy rest of your T day. hugs-Erika
I do like hot water to drink.
I used to drink hot water when tea wasn’t available. Now, I will drink coffee if tea isn’t available. However, it is hot, here! I am sorry to hear of the diagnosis. I hope you can find some food and meals that can be a right diet . It isn’t easy to cook healthy even when you don’t have restrictions. Happy T Dau
Your weather isn't so good there it seems Nicola.
Like your AI's. Your husband is having a touch trot at the moment, and it would be very difficult to get the diet correct for both those diseases.
Good luck with it all.
That really feels like one of those days where nothing quite lines up, weather going mad outside, health stuff landing all at once, and then the cookies deciding to fail you on top of it. I think a lot of people would’ve just given up halfway through that and ordered something instead, so there’s something very real about still trying things out and adjusting as you go.
Oh I am truly sorry dear Nichole for your husband is having multiple health issues! I wish and pray may he recover miraculously very soon by the grace of God🙏 and may you two feel less tense !
Your cookies look nice but dry yes , I believe you will do great next time because being cautious can make things appear like this .
Contaloupe is very popular fruit here during hotter summers here we call it melon.
I enjoyed your art my very talented dear friend!♥️🫂
Dear Nicole, I am sorry to hear that Mr. M. is facing so much difficulty! Your art is fantastic!
Sending you lots of healing energy hugs and Loy ve for you and your husband to do well each day ~ aging is not easy ~ sigh ~
Lovely AI_^
I'm sorry to hear that. it's so hard to manage so many different health concerns and eat what is good for you.
You are very brave and resourceful in meeting all the challenges that the two of you face! I hope all starts to go well, and that you find food choices that work for you. I fear that you will be disappointed when you finally see the dietician. We haven’t been impressed by them.
best…. mae at maefood.blogspot.com
Oh, it´s Thursday already!!!
Cool AIs!
But, oh. Yes. I read you. Ingo has near to no pancreas no more and eating is a huge issue.
I´m sorry, but your story of the cookies made me giggle! Been there, too.
We need to take day by day, huh. Hugs.
I suggest cold water in the form of ice cubes, with a shot of Scotch! That seems like what you need!
...diabetes sucks, I know!
I feel for you with the meal planning. That's super hard. Shortbread has little sugar and uses unsalted butter but it does have flour which adds to the carbs. Might be worth a try and moderate intake. But you are resourceful and know how to work the internet like a champ for such things. I know you'll figure it out. I'm just sorry you have to.
You are doing an amazing job and your art looks so tangible and three-dimensional. Are you sure you're not a sculptor? Really well done. Aloha and best wishes to you. Hang in there
Post a Comment