Thursday, June 11, 2026

Thursday stuff.

 Hi Everyone!
 
OMGosh it's been a busy few days. Yesterday we drove over to North Bend and Coos Bay.
 You have to know that N. Bend and Coos Bay are really one place. You have no idea where one town meets the other. 
It's about 120 miles round trip for us.
 
Early this AM I had a dr's appt. Nothing bad just a check up. 
This is actually a boring post. OK, something with a bit of excitement. 
Last week I binge watched a series on Netflix called, "1899" A light sci-fi that has the best ending. 
It's about 
immigrants on a steamship traveling from London to New York. They get caught up in a mysterious riddle after finding a second vessel adrift on the open sea that has been missing for 4 months. The story stakes off from there and it will keep you watching. There will not be a second season. For some reason Netflix canceled it. Too bad. 
It's strange that some of this trailer has subtitles. The movie is all in English. 
 I refuse to read a movie. 
Oh and the music is great!
See it on Netflix.
The other series I really enjoy is, "Silo" on Apple TV. Season 3 will begin July 3rd.
If you like post end of the world living you will love this one. 
This trailer has subtitles too. Not sure why.
 
Well I know this was just a mundane post. Hope you weren't too bored.
I really just wanted to wish all of you a happy day.
Nicole 

18 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

This is about the third or fourth reference I have seen to binge watching over the last week or so. Am I unusual? I have never binge-watched anything?

Ananka said...

OMG Nicole I loved that show 1899. Cliffhanger and cancelled so I was sad! It was awesome. The folk who did it also did a show called Dark which is on Netflix too, highly recommend it. The Captain of the ship was in Dark too. :-D

Luiz Gomes said...

Bom dia minha querida amiga Nicole. Grande Otelo foi um dos maiores comediantes, do Brasil. Aqui também existe a mesma situação, na Região Metropolitana do Rio de Janeiro. Tem cidades que são cornubanas, cidades que estão juntos e você não sabe onde está. Uma excelente manhã de quinta-feira e grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

Christine said...

Glad you enjoyed

Tom said...

...and happy day to you, Nicole.

Dicky Bird said...

Thanks for sharing 1899 we are always looking for Netflix to binge.

Gene Black said...

Ha ha! We went to a movie in Mexico expecting to read the subtitles. To our surprise, it was in English with Spanish subtitles. I knew enough Spanish at the time to realized that everything did NOT translate correctly. It didn't change the movie, but "that wasn't what he said!"

My name is Erika. said...

I had a quiet day yesterday, no 120 miles of driving. But I think I have seen this show on Netflix. My husband had it on and I got sucked into it. If it wasn't this show it was something similar. Have a super Thursday. hugs-Erika

Anvilcloud said...

Although I have Apple TV, as in the remote, I don’t tend to do Apple TV. Odd eh? I might put 1899 on my list. We are watching Good Doctor on Netflix. It’s okay, but I am hankering after a good British mystery.

Modrina Neba said...

No offense, I don't like thrillers, but I'm sending you a hug for a nice afternoon!

Bill said...

Glad you enjoyed watching it. I'm not a fan of binge watching, I've gave up watching anything years ago. I rather read so that's what I do. :)

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Thank you for sharing about this, Nicole.

Lowcarb team member said...

... and I wish you a happy day too.

All the best Jan

Iris Flavia said...

Sounds interesting! I will look into it - after Death in Paradise, that is... oh, there is so much good stuff out there!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Glad you enjoyed the films. I don't have Netflix or Apple TV. I get Prime and I have PBS Passport. I wish I had time to binge.

Margaret D said...

You had a good drive I expect.
Must look and see if that show is on our Netflix, sometimes they are not and I love binge watching shows and I don't mind reading text. I got used to it when son and his children lived here for 5 years not long ago it was a case of having to read the text otherwise I wouldn't have heard a thing at times :)

Jeanie said...

I'm glad your appointment was uneventful -- you don't need more on your plate. Alas. No netflix for me right now. Sigh.

Mary Kirkland said...

1899 should have had a second season, it was a good show.