Thursday, August 22, 2024

Friday Face OFF 8/23/24

 

 Welcome To Friday Face OFF (FFO)

This is the place to show off your faces or your face. Post any type of face from any medium. You can create it, or find it in nature, or even that face in the design of you 
woodwork in your house. 
Human, animal, alien, or monster. 
ANY KIND OF FACE!
 
I'm sure you have heard the expression, "going out of my mind"
Well, that's me. I'm trying to be calm around Mr. M. because he is already upset and not feeling well at all. In my Saturday post I mentioned that we had a televisit with the surgeon on Friday. He said surgery would be set up this week. I called yesterday to find out what is going on. OMFG!!!! The surgical staff is trying to figure out how to get the dr to do all of his surgeries and regular appts. Hmmm there is this thing called triage. There are too many people for the doctors we do have here, and staff that just don't know what they are doing. It has been 6 months since we first found out Mr. M. has cancer. The last scan he had took over a month to get. Please pray that the cancer stays contained within the uterer. If it breaks through Mr. M. will not have a chance. That is a gruesome ending but true.
Thank you for all of the support from all of you.

Now here is something you can laugh at. Yes, it is hair. LOL The dreaded hair. She did have creepy hair but not this creepy. LOL
I do like her face though.
 
 
Some AI this week.
abstract 3D woman with dark blue skin and white squiggly lines on face. hair that looks like a frizzy cattail
 
abstract 3D women faces with lines and holes and dents pastel colors and black hair that looks like dandelion flower
 
abstract 3D women faces with lines. black holes on the face. pastel colors and black hair that looks like  fuzzy black hair with spikes and sea urchins
 
abstract fantasy woman face with pale blue  skin with holes in it. Medusa hair drips of water black smokey windy dust in the background
 
 Now for some features.
 
 
 

 
That's it for today, now it's your turn to show me your face
 
Nicole 
 

22 comments:

Christine said...

Nice hair and prayers for Mr M So stressful. -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

sirkkis said...

Great drawing, Nicole.
Hopefully all goes well and there is the strong power to prevent illness 🗽
Happy weekend 😘

Iris Flavia said...

I am sorry beyond imagination. Fingers, toes, everything crossed. Oh where do we live that there are not enough good doctors available around the world - same problem here. I so hope Mr. M get´s help in time, my heart cries out to you two, I have tears of sadness, anger and fear as I type.
I love the hairy lady and hope you can stay calm and maybe even smile.
I hate cancer,I lost my parents to this. Ack!!!

NatureFootstep said...

Hi Nicole. Yes, you did draw a very nice face. I like her expression. Like she just saw something unexpected. :)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

In the 21st Century, in a rich country that spends billions upon billions on space exploration and military hardware, it is unfathomable that speedy access to medical treatment is not available. Surely this should be the cornerstone of a rational society. I wish your husband all the best and hope that he is treated in time to avert further catastrophe.

kwarkito said...

My very best wishes go out to you and Mr M. I am thinking of you at this difficult time and wish you lots of courage and support in your immediate circle.

My name is Erika. said...

That's crazy they can't get your husband's surgery scheduled. I'm sorry to read that. You would think with our expensive and well developed medical care those kind of things would not happen. That hair looks like the girl got a bad perm. Or lived in the 80's.. But you are right she has a great face, and that's really the hard part, so kudos for getting that perfect! Have a super weekend ahead. And good luck with the doctors. hugs-Erika

Gene Black said...

That hair looks like some hair that used to cut on a client. Her hair was curly and bushy. She liked the way I was able to make it less bushy looking.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

May Mr M get his surgery date quickly! Am thinking of you both and sending good vibes. Your drawing this week makes me think of the actress Helena Bonham Carter -- is that who you based it on?

Violetta said...

That is bad to hear, that Mr. M has to wait so long for a surgery. But let´s hope the best.
Nice picture you have made....I like it more than the AI pics.
All the best
Violetta

Kym Decker said...

Nicole, I am working on starting a Dark Art Challenge Blog to launch in the middle of September. I would like to invite all the members of this challenge as well as yourself to join in on the Dark Art Challenges!! It should be a lot of fun. I have contributed art in Dark Art Challenge Blogs in the past but cannot find any open at this time so I thought I would just start one myself. I will send you the link when I get ready to launch! I know you will be interested in this as you like to create dark art! And it will be time for Halloween when I get ready to launch!! I want it to be for Mixed Media Artists as well as Digital Art and AI Art will be acceptable.

Granny Annie said...

Waiting on medical professionals is horrific.

Carola Bartz said...

It's unbelievable that in this rich country with its hyper expensive health care system it is not possible to schedule a much needed surgery quickly. I couldn't stay calm in a situation like this. It really makes me mad what is happening to Mr. M.!
I don't think the hair of that pretty lady is creepy. And the face is beautiful.
I'm thinking of you. Hugs - Carola

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

She does have a lovely face. Hope Mr M gets the surgery soon.

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely portrait ~ so gentle ~ sending you and hubby lots of distant reiki healing energy hugs ~ Medical World can be a bit crazy making to say the least ~ hugs,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Rostrose said...

Dear Nicole,
I think that in comparable situations every person is going out of his or her mind. It is a bad time and you are basically trying to move heaven and earth. Triage, I first heard this word and its horrific meaning in connection with Covid and the doctors and other medical staff who are completely overwhelmed by all the cases of illness. I think too little is being invested in good medical training and in proper pay for medical staff, worldwide. But that doesn't help you now and neither does Mr. M. I can only send you my good wishes and healing thoughts across the ocean. I admire that you are still able to make art - hopefully it distracts you at least a little. Your drawn lady not only has a beautiful face - I think she has great curly hair. And your AI works again show a lot of imagination!
All the best, stay strong, dear!
Hugs, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/08/weltreise-2024-abschied-von-neuseeland.html

Divers and Sundry said...

I admit I'm horrified it's taking this long to get him seen about. This sounds like something that should be prioritized. Like you say: "triage" It has to be sooo frustrating and scary :( {hug}

peppylady (Dora) said...

What amazing faces.

roentare said...

The sketches are always fantastic every week

Jeanie said...

You have to be beyond frantic. I'm guessing you are too far from a spot where you can get another doc or hospital to take you on. I get so angry when I hear about things like this. That's a pretty darned important surgery and a timely one. I hope you can find some support (or complain a lot!). And I like your lady and her hair. I can identify with her! Hang in there -- I know it's so hard. We're all behind you.

Rita said...

Waiting on something like this has to be sheer torture!!! I hope you hear something really soon...like now. So sorry you guys are going through this at all. *love and hugs*

Mae Travels said...

We’ve been with you every step of the way on your terrifying experience with inadequate medical care. If only thoughts and hopes from so many people could actuate real action! I hope this time it goes better.
sincerely, mae at maefood.blogspot.com