Thursday, March 14, 2024

Friday Face OFF (FFO) 3/15/24

 

 Welcome To Friday Face OFF (FFO)

This is the place to show off your faces or your face. Post any type of face from any medium. You can create it, or find it in nature, or even that face in the design of woodwork in your house. Human, animal, alien, or monster. Any kind of face.
I know google is making some changes and my blog is all messed up, so I hope this posts OK.

 I have been pretty busy this week. I am still working my foot to get the tightness out of my ankle. The numbness has subsided just a bit and the tingling isn't as bad. I can walk though and that is the main thing. With that and trying to get my strength back it's been time consuming. I have, however, been watching some YT on art and Conte'. One teacher I really like is Clare Lieu. She is so down to earth and funny. I hope I can get as loose as she is with the Conte'
In the mean time here is my second drawing.

I'm just getting started on this one.
 
 
Last week if you joined in and clicked on Barbara's link, it took you back to either me or you. Due to some health issues and life in general Barbara has decided to end her blog and social media. When FFO first started it was Barbara and I challenging each other to draw faces. Soon after Gene joined in. I was getting emails asking if they could join in too. So I added Mr. Linky. I wanted all of you to know that Barbara is an integral part to FFO. 
This is the face she wanted to show last week. How can you NOT love this?
Thank you Barbara.
 
I wanted to share this face too from 
Granny Annie.  I makes me dizzy, but I relate this.
 
Also the number generator picked this amazing face made by nature from LinsArtyBlog
 


I will also be linking to Gillena

 
That's it for this week. Now it's time to show me your face.
 
Nicole

25 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really like the face you colored. It is beautiful. Thanks for letting us know about Barbara.


Christine said...

Nice art Nicole. Sorry about Barbara. -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Love how you did the hair in your second Conté drawing! And speaking of hair, love the "hair on fire" look of Barbara's final face!

Cloudia said...

You are the woman of a thousand faces! Sending best wishes and aloha

Iris Flavia said...

Always sad when a blogger leaves due to health issues.
Love the faces. Human faces I find very difficult to capture!
Thanks, also for telling the story of how Mr Linky made us all join!
Have a nice day, Nicole and yay to foot-progress (my foot is OK but the other unknown insect left it´s marks still, ack, I´m still itching and you see it...).

sirkkis said...

Lots of see here at this FFO, Nicole. Your drawing is expressive.
Happy weekend xx

roentare said...

So many types of faces here. So creative and unusual.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of weird and wonderful faces! Hugs.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Glad to hear that your ankle is improving and that walking has become easier. As for Barbara, blogging perhaps mirrors life - people come and go.

Gene Black said...

Yes, I did learn about the Face Off (and you) from Barbara. It is fun seeing the faces and how different people use or find them.

Mae Travels said...

Your face drawings are always enjoyable to see. I’m impressed by your determination to get totally back to normal. Exercising and working with an injury is challenging and you always seem able to focus on the goal.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

Nothing to share this week but I do love that conte look. It's a wonderful face.

Meanwhile, three cheers on your ankle and walking!

CAAC said...

Thanks for continuing to share your healing progression. You've come a long way from a year ago. That's too bad to read the news of your bloggy pal Barbara having to leave Blogosphere due to health problems. I hope she can get back to good health to enjoy the things that make her happy.

I linked my FFO today but I could've used yesterday's TAD art, too. Thanks for encouraging and hosting this art meme. Have a good weekend, Nicole! xo

Fundy Blue said...

Happy Friday, Nicole! I'm happy to hear that your foot is improving! I watched this buff couple on a beach in Waikiki stretching their feet. All the things they did, including writing the abcs with their feet, were something to see. Strength always comes back more slowly than you want. Just keep it up, and you'll get there. I had to look up Conté. The pencils look like fun. You did well! I'm sorry about your friend Barbara! I hope that you and she can still keep in touch without her blog. Special friends are precious!

Tom said...

...I've got to face it, I often live on YouTube! Thanks for hosting.

Gillena Cox said...

Nicole; thank you for linking to Art For Fun Friday

Much♡love

Violetta said...

There are some strange faces....but very interesting. That is the going of life...everything changes from time to time and some blogs do no longer exist, of which one is sorry.
Have a good time
Violetta

Magaly Guerrero said...

So happy your foot's getting better and you're walking. Hoping for better and better from now on... And I really enjoyed Barbara's face. So fiery.

LA Paylor said...

outstanding drawing, it captures a mood with lines and a bit of color
LeeAnna

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful art work with the Contes and glad you are walking ~ healing from surgery can take time ~ lots of hugs to you ~

Sorry Barbara is leaving ~ web is not what a used to be but so glad she and you started or we would not have your link up ~ Happy Creating ~ hugs,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

EricaSta said...

I agree, there are interesting drawings you made. I like your artwork, too.

Thank you for hosting. Wish you a very fine weekend.

Heidrun

Linda said...

Barbara’s made me chuckle! Thank you for hosting.

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde e um excelente sábado. Bom final de semana minha querida amiga Nicole.

Debra said...

I love your drawings, and I think I have also watched Claire's videos. I hope you are feeling better each day.

Giorgio said...

I like Granny Annie's unusual face. Also like Barbara's artwork.
Have a nice new week!