Monday, February 26, 2024

T Stands for getting ready

 Hi Everyone!

Today I'm joining the T-party
Hope to see you there!
I'm getting ready for my garden this year. We have one more month of constant rain and some below freezing weather and then I can get going. I am doing a few little things as I can.
I got a new Aloe for the house. 
I will repot soon.


Things I got done for the garden.

 Forgot to take photos while I was working. However, The 2 5 gallon buckets will be early potatoes, and then there is a 20 gallon grow bag that will be for carrots. Soil is amended and ready to go.


 I found this dried twigs in the garden that will be used for some art project. How it is dry is beyond me but I like it!

2 types of potatoes chitting in my art room
 

 The smaller russets will go in ASAP. The tooke off faster than the Jumbos.


 I will start some plants with seeds. The ones I know grow really well and take some time to germinate.


 Mostly beans, peas, and green beans. I did very well with the Whipple beans last year and they taste so good. The beans in the plastic.

 

 
I made a spice bread with my homemade canned applesauce. OMG! so good.
I did add more spice to it but the recipe is here.
The recipe calls for vanilla bean paste but I used vanilla extract.

Also, I used a glass bread pan and there was too much batter so 
I made a small cake too.
The icing is a simple glaze that I added spices too.
 

Now for a tickler. 
What do you think this will look like for Friday Face OFF?
 
And this is what I wish I could do.
Ya know, sit in a peaceful room with my pet dragon. AI  

 I don't have a photo of any drinks but I think this will get me into the T-Party

Have a great day today.
 
Nicole

24 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Mmmm, I'd glad eat a slice of that spice loaf!

Christine said...

Lovely gardening and yummy cakes! -Christine cmlk79. Logspot.com

roentare said...

The last shot really made me smile

Tom said...

..I hope that you garden will be a success this year!

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa noite e boa segunda-feira minha querida amiga Nicole. Seus trabalhos são sempre maravilhosos e incríveis.

Mae Travels said...

I’ve heard, actually, that dragons don’t make very good pets. Even Hagrid had some trouble with his little dragon. I’d go with a tamer choice. Maybe a hedgehog.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

I'm excited to see all your pre-garden projects. We still have a bit of snow, and I don't have a place to get things started, especially when it's still very cold at night. But seeing your projects is getting me excited. And you taught me a new word too: chitting. And your spice cake looks delicious. I hope you have fun with your early season gardening and have a happy T day. hugs-Erika

peppylady (Dora) said...

I haven't seen potatoes seeds in shred paper.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I look forward to seeing your garden as it begins to grow, Nicole. I hope it does well. Looks like you are well on your way to a great start.

I would love to have a slice of that spice bread. It looks very convincing. It may be the glaze makes it seem decadent.

Not sure if those are tea pots, but I really like the AI inspiration. Thanks for sharing your week with us for T dear Nicole.

Amila said...

That sounds exciting! Getting ready for the garden must be fun. The constant rain and freezing weather can be a challenge, but it's great that you're doing little things when you can.
Lovely cake too. Also, a new Aloe for the house sounds lovely!

Happy T Tuesday!

Kokopelli said...

I started gardening last weekend, too. Did some pronging, looked after the winter veggies (green kale, black kale, beetroot, endive and leek looking great). Broad beans are out since last October. And I put some seeds outside and in pots in the house. Looking forward. Happy T Day!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wonderful that you're getting things ready for your garden, my sister grows lots of different veggies too 😊. Your apple spice cake looks so yummy, maybe I could have a piece with my cuppa this morning while I sit with my pet dragon - well a girl can dream ...lol 🐲.Take care and Happy T Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Gene Black said...

I wish I had a good place and the knowledge to garden like you do.

kathyinozarks said...

Yum your bread sounds delicious-I may just bake up a pumpkin bread soon. I am anxious to work outdoors too-I lost last fall work time do to Hubs fall so my area is so behind in work. when it's warm then its also to windy too.
Enjoy your day Kathy

Jeanie said...

You are so good with your garden! And that spice cake looks just wonderful.

Lisca said...

You are really getting down to it and I think you are super organised. The spice cake looks yummy. Thanks for the recipe.
I like the painting of 'you' and your dragon, lol.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

ashok said...

Happy gardening!

CJ Kennedy said...

Himself is eagerly planning his garden, too. I saw a funny meme. It showed a woman drawing and planning where she would plant things in her garden. The caption was after planning your garden, you realize you need 10 more acres. 😸Happy T Day

Valerie-Jael said...

You have been very busy in the garden. That cake won't let me go! Hugs, Valerie

Rita said...

I love seeing all your gardening prep...and later what you harvest. :)

Cloudia said...

What a sweet post Nicole! And yes your drink counts, lol Aloha

Carola Bartz said...

You have some great garden prep done, Nicole, and I'm sure that the garden will be a success - how could it not? You do way more veggies than I do, I'm just not that good at it and some things are simply not eaten that much in my family. For us it's mainly tomatoes (a lot!), zucchini and eggplant as well as tons of basil. I want to grow more herbs this year since that is something I always use for cooking. I once tried Charentais melons, but they didn't grow too well - I only got two small ones, but I was very proud of them. Happy gardening - Carola

Empire of the Cat said...

The spiced bread looks yummy. So many people are getting started on their garden, but it's too cold here still, plus I can do nothing useful right now, so perhaps I won't be able to grow any veg this year, we'll see. I can sit by the fire with my (dragon) cat. Happy T Day! Elle xx

baili said...

You are gifted with wisdom and place plus weather to grow marvellous garden dear Nichole:)
Your enthusiasm and hardworking reminds me 9f my mom.if I had lived in cooler place with yard like ours I would have surly grown some vegetables. But our extremely hot weather doesn't allow such luxury.
Wishing you good luck for your future plantation ❤
The spicy bread sounds compelling.
I bet this face is gonna turn into some mind blowing art 😍