Thursday, August 31, 2023

Friday Face OFF 9/1/23

 

 Welcome to Friday Face OFF (FFO)

 This is where you can show any kind of face in any medium. Let your imagination go wild. Then link your blog to this one, link up with MR. Linky and start leaving comments. You will not be disappointed.
 
All of you know I write and publish FFO on Thursday. Today, we got rain!
It's the first rain in many months. I hope it helped with all the fires we have. Sooooo... what did I do today? I had fun! Everything I created just worked. I love days like this. I'm not going to show you what I made but I will soon.
For now here is my FFO. OMG!!! it's not a corpsed skull. LOL
I love this girl's eyes and her freckles.
Her hair was very tight so I think I did that OK. 
I'm going to try to draw again. At least something once a week. But, remember, I am in full corpsing mode. 
Mr. M. and I had to go the Bi-Mart yesterday and what did I find?

I have already created with the Rat.
It is so darn cool. I will show you next week.
I also promised to show how I created this
It's really very easy. You just need a bit a patients and a some skill with the heat gun.
first find a skull and wrap it in a thin plastic

 

 Have your heat gun ready. A hair dryer will not work for this.


 Working over the entire skull make wrinkles and creepy skin.

 

 Allow the plastic to cool off and set while you are working. Then continue with the heat gun.

 

 Just keep working around and on the bottom


 until you have it the way you like


 I over heated the eyes, oops not to worry.


 Simply add a piece of plastic to the place you need more and reheat it.


 Needs just a little more.


 Now the eyes look better.


 I didn't take photos of the next step because it is very messy and I didn't want to touch my camera. However, put on some gloves and brush the wood stain all over the skull. I use my hands to make sure it gets into the cracks and creases.

 

 After the stain is dry I added the gums and teeth. for this one I used clay. Oh and I cut the piece of plastic that was in the mouth out. Even though it looks cool, I couldn't get the teeth in right. After the clay dries paint the gums and teeth so they look creepy.


I wish all of you could come to my show to see these creatures IRL. They are so cool and the photos just don't do them justice.
 
Now for our feature
I love these faces.
 
I'm also linking with Gillena
That's it for tonight, it's your turn to show me your face.
Nicole

26 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Yay for rain! I love rain, especially in summer.
The girl is beautiful. Oh, what would I give for hair like that!
Mine is so thin you cannot do anything with it. I have the same hair cut since...1994 and Ingo cuts it (at least that is cheap, LOL).

You got cool guys. Guess what critter is on on Saturday?

I do have a heat gun :-) But where to get a skull? Well Halloween is on the way.
You colored the black in when or does the heat do the job? I think I have mine on 380C/716F.

Yes, why can´t someone invent beaming? I´d be there (also I want to visit your country in general).

To a jolly Friday!

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you are having fun with your adt. Happy Friday! Valerie

sirkkis said...

A versatile post, Nicole. You've got a great depth for her expression.
Happy FFO xx

roentare said...

Your face sculpture work is so good. The colour and the texture are so fantastic.

Tom said...

...thanks for featuring my quartet.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Drawing may be therapeutic in the midst of all those skulls with overtones of horror.

My name is Erika. said...

Happy September Nicole. I know what you mean about art days where everything works. We had rain this past Wednesday and I had one of those days.:) And that's really interesting the way you make your skull. Hugs-Erika

Gene Black said...

That is a very interesting method for the skull. Now I need a skull to try it on. ha ha.

I loved those faces from Tom, also.

Rita said...

I have to admit that it was nice to see her face--freckles and all. Lovely! LOL! And it was interesting how you got the icky skin all over the skull. ;)

Fundy Blue said...

Happy Friday, Nicole! Your skull is so creepy! It's funny that you're in a corpsing skull mode. Guaranteed I'll never be in that mode, but I'm fascinated with how you craft your unforgettable skulls. I can't wait to see what you do with the rat. The portrait of the girl is wonderful! She looks like a real and unique person. You have so much talent, my friend!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Wonderful drawing!

Jeanie said...

You sound like me -- have to make the commitment to do it. I don't know why it feels like I have to do that, because I'm always happy when I draw. But I do.

Gillena Cox said...

Nicole have a hood weekend. Thanks for linking to Art For Fun F

Mich🖤love

Mae Travels said...

Your drawing is impressive. Great to have an inspiration due to better weather.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Lovely drawing and thanks for the tutorial.

Rostrose said...

Dear Nicole, I am happy that you finally got some rain and I am also happy that you are drawing again. That's a really cute face and I think you did such a great job with the hair! It was also very interesting to see how you made your skull - is this method your own idea or are there any tutorials? Nice that you found skeletons again - we will definitely see many great creations from you soon.
I wish you a wonderful September!
Traude
🌻🌺❤️🌺🌻
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/08/die-tiere-vom-tiergarten-schonbrunn.html

Barbara said...

Yay, I did it! Thanks for the help, Nicole. Your whole post got my attention and an email. What I failed to mention were your critter skeletons. Wow, fodder for creepy!

Divers and Sundry said...

We went from too much record-setting rain to none at all *sigh*

I'd love to come to the show in person!

carol l mckenna said...

Great creatures you have created ~ Wow! Awesome portrait sketch!

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

carol l mckenna said...

You are so creative!

Thanks for Ziggy's Happy Birthday Wishes ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased you got some rain.

That is a good portrait, and nice to see Toms four faces too.

Happy September Wishes.

All the best Jan

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was in the process of reading your tutorial when I got really, really sick. I can't seem to get rid of this food poisoning. Sorry I didn't get back to you, but I was really out of it.

Who would have thought plastic wrap would give such a uonique texture to that skull. How awesome.

Your lady is wonderful, too. When it's humid, my hair looks almost that curly.


Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope I'm not too late to join in thia week with my link. I was away visiting my sister last week so couldn't post it on time. I love, love, LOVE the portrait you drew -- her eyes, her nose, her mouth and that glorious hair! Those baby animal skellies are cute as the dickens -- can't wait to see what you'll do with them!

Granny Annie said...

I have completed the first four days of 2023 29 FACES. I linked it to your blog a few days late. Love all your work so much!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I keep trying to leave "A ShutterBug Explores" a comment on both posts, but I keep getting "failed to publish" since Friday. Could you let her know I tried?




NatureFootstep said...

love the dragon :)