Monday, September 4, 2023

T Stands for getting ready

 Hi Everyone!

It's getting down to the finale days for my yard sale and then my show. I would NOT normally take this shot. But here is my guest living room. Literally, there is a pathway. Everything on the back wall, table and all of the boxes are show items. Everything on either side of the room is yard sale. This clutter is driving me crazy. That roll away bed was only used once. Time to get rid of it. LOL

I'm getting the last little things made for my show. When I used to have my store I made and sold Magic Dust. I had some left so filled a few bottles. There is Black Salt for protection, Love and Healing dust. I also made some Magic wands and Spirit Boxes. So I have a very wide range of items for my show. These will go inside a glass case along with some cabs and other easy to steal items.

Night before last we had an emergency notification come across our TV and phones. It was for a cloud to ground electrical storm. We were lucky that it just missed us. But 5 miles up the road and into the Eugene area it was pretty spectacular. 

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 A rainbow with lightening in it. WOW


There was 650 cloud to ground strikes in 6 hours. Water supply was damaged in one town. There was wind, rain and hail, along with the lightening spanning over several counties. I have lived here 17 years and have never heard of this. We got a bit of rain and thunder but no sign of lightening.

I'm linking up with Bleubeard and Elizabeth for the T-Party. In order to get in I have to show a drink.

It's water with lemon today. This photo is from google. LOL

Have a great day.

Nicole
 


22 comments:

Tom said...

...taking lightening pictures isn't easy, these are great.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, that's not bad clutter. Many people's homes are 10X worse! Awesome lightning storm photos, but glad it missed you!

roentare said...

These lightening are scary to see.

Amila said...

Sounds like you're in the final stretch before your yard sale and show! It's impressive that you're crafting such a diverse array of items, from Magic Dust to Magic wands and Spirit Boxes. The variety will surely attract a wide range of interested folks. Wishing you a successful and enjoyable sale and show!
Happy T day too!

Mae Travels said...

Your lightening photos are amazing! We had two nights of constant lightening around 10 days ago, and a lot of rain. It kept flickering and flashing for hours, and sometimes lit the sky in a reddish-pink color. I wonder how you got these fabulous pics.

Good luck with your show!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

You would scream in horror if you saw Ingo´s room...
Wow on the lightning pics!
Have fun and success with sales and show! Hope for some pics, too.
Have a happy T-Day!

nwilliams6 said...

Wow, that lightening looks really serious - glad it miss you!!!

Lots of work goes into sales and shows, but I know it will fun and you will be thrilled afterward. Wishing you much sucess.

Happy T-day and hugz!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

A few years ago we had a garage sale. Most of the junk we put out we trundled back in again. People didn’t want our surplus crap any more than we did! How we ever accumulated some of that stuff is a mystery! Now, when we want to get rid of something we put it on Kajeejee (spelling?) for free and it is usually gone within hours!

J said...

Oh wow those pictures of the lightening is scary, I'm always scared when I hear it and thunder too.
I think your room looks very organised, our spare room is full of half packed suitcases and items to be taken to our sons house in England!
Happy T Day Jan S

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your fabulous crafted items, good luck with the show. M living room isn't much less cluttered, always have something where it shouldn't be. The lightning storm is spectaculaar, but rather scary. It's good these days that they are able to send our warnings, I always get them on my phone, it's a wonderful idea. Happyy T day, Hugs, Valerie

Rita said...

Wow! That was some lightning storm!
That's very organized clutter. We used to have a rollaway bed like that down in the basement when I was growing up. Rarely used ours, either. But they were nice to have when needed. Have a good week. :)

My name is Erika. said...

I can tell you have been busy. That's kind of how my art space looks now, but I'm not preparing for a show so you have a good excuse for the mess and clutter. Smile. And wow, that's a lot of electric strikes. What crazy weather everywhere. I hope you have a super T day and week ahead Nicole. hugs-Erika

Gene Black said...

I have been fortunate as I have never had items stolen at a show.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

As another person who hates clutter, this would drive me crazy, too. However, at this point, the end justifies the means. I hope the yard sale goes well when it happens.

Cloud to ground lightening is noting new where I live. It's really prevalent in the country, where it goes on for hours. It's pretty spectacular, though and those are some incredibly impressive photos you got of the entire event. Most impressive was the rainbow with lightening. Great capture, Nicole.

Thanks for sharing these photos, the state of your yard sale, and your water with lemon with us for T this Tuesday, dear.

Divers and Sundry said...

I used a roll-away bed as a couch for a few years. It served remarkable well. The lightening photos are stunning!

Good luck with your yard sale and the show.

CJ Kennedy said...

That looks very neat for clutter. Really cool photographs of the lightning especially the one with the rainbow. Happy T Day

Kate Yetter said...

Love the photos of the lightening. My hubby and I saw a lightning storm a few months ago that lasted over an hour with constant lightning strikes every 2-3 seconds. It was incredible.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Lowcarb team member said...

Your photographs showing the lightening are excellent.

Good luck with your yard sale and show.

All the best Jan

carol l mckenna said...

wow ! yard sale and show items ~ you will do well ~ love lemon water ~


Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Granny Annie said...

I have included a link for the first 8 days of 2023 29 FACES.

Empire of the Cat said...

I have a lot of clutter at the moment too, it drives me crazy but it's taking me forever to get anything done atm. Love those lightning photos though I'm sure it was probably scary. Happy belated T Day! Elle/EOTC xx