Thursday, July 13, 2023

Friday Face OFF Extreme Halloween

 Hi Everone!

  Welcome to Friday Face OFF. This is where you can show any kind of face in any medium. Let your imagination go wild. Then link your blog to this one, link up with MR. Linky and start leaving comments. Everyone who joins in shares such wonderful art pieces.  

I have a ton of things to share 
with you today. 
Including this amazing gift from 
And it lives here.
 
The title of this weeks blog is Extreme Halloween, it is also what I am calling my show in Sept.
 Last week I told you I scored some items from Jo Anne's Fabric and promised to show them on FFO.
How cool are these? 
Very high quality. All of the limbs are screwed in not just molded.

 This is a large skull with a movable mouth.


 I have already started working on this weird duck.


 Ahhhh I found this balsa wood coffin too.


 But the best is this dragon. He is very large.  GOT dragon of the dead coming up. If you remember I collect dragons.


 Open mouth.


Closed mouth.


 Moveable wings.


 And a wicked tail.



I made this several weeks ago. I loved how his jaw and face turned out.
And this is what I needed a coffin for. Last year I made this skeleton. I used latex and cotton. I made his guts out of paper towels. I love him so much. Yes, I removed his limbs and head. Then reattached his head at an angle. 

 I don't have to make a coffin now. 



 I stained the coffin and added the skull.
 


 These guts are so cool.

 I wish I could show you this IRL.


 The latex gives the feel of really rotted skin. Yes, I do know what that feels like.

This is his backside.




I can't tell you how happy I am with this piece.
Well that is it for now. I have an announcement next week so be sure to come by. There will be a winner involved.
Speaking of winner here it this weeks featured artist. How sweet is this? Art by
She Who Seeks

I'm also linking up with Gillena.
 

Now it's your turn to show me your face. I can't wait.
Nicole 

 
 

23 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Goodness. You certainly scored. When you said JoAnn's fabrics, I was thinking fabric. That coffin turned out to be just what you wanted. And I look forward to seeing how your dragon progresses, too.

Gene is a real sweetie for sending you that gift. I am also in awe. Have a great Friday and a lovely weekend.

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhhh, lucky you with Gene´s piece!
He sadly certainly does not send anything to Europe.
Very cool and it is in great companionship, too.
And that dragon! Must be the one my Henry killed yesterday ;-)
Cool coffin guy.
Technically I don´t have a face today, so happy Friday Face OFF!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous face from Gene, and you certainly found a plethora of skulls, coffins and other bony wonders to make your Halloween rock. You will have a fabulous display for your show! happy Friday, hugs, Valerie

roentare said...

The decomposing appearance of skull in the box is quite striking.

Carola Bartz said...

Gene's little piece is gorgeous and so fitting for you! You scored some great stuff at JoAnne's and what you made with the coffin and its "resident" is amazing. Fantastic work, Nicole!

sirkkis said...

Hi Nicole,
we celebrate Halloween late in autumn, so I didn't followed your theme.
Yours are great skulls.
Happy weekend xx

Tom said...

...Nicole, you are the only person I know who embraces Halloween for weeks and weeks! I hope that you are well, enjoy your weekend.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"Extreme Halloween" is such a great name for your upcoming show! Love that dragon and other treasures too. And thanks for the shout-out, I appreciate it!

Giorgio said...

Your skulls are spectacular, Nicole! Congrats on your artwork!

My name is Erika. said...

This is an extreme Halloween post-but fun Nicole. And what a nice gift from Gene. It looks great along with all your other "faces". Hope you're having a great week both health and otherwise. hugs-Erika

Gene Black said...

Oh my gosh! that little skeleton works so well with the balsa wood coffin. What wonderful finds you managed to get.
Thanks for sharing my little skull piece. It looks great there on that table with "friends."

Christine said...

Love Gene's gift. Fabulouse oieces this week Nicole! Debra's art is so good. -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! Such creative work ~


Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Mae Travels said...

You really have a creepy collection of amazing things there! Did you ever hear of a Tupilak? It’s a native mythical creature from Greenland that is sort of skeleton-like and seems consistent with your creations. The stories in the past were very gory, but have been tamed down recently.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Rostrose said...

Dear Nicole,
you really have a great talent for designing skulls and skeletons. Your dead in the coffin looks very realistic on the photos. And you got great skeletons. I find the dragon particularly exciting - I'm curious about your work.
In my post there are again many (mostly friendly) faces to see - I would like to draw your attention to the face of the little anteater :-)
All the best from Austria, Traude
🌿❤️🌿
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/07/costa-rica-13-kapitel-osa-peninsula.html

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Wow lots of lovely and creepy things to see this week. My husband made me a dragon on the 3d printer, he had to put it all together as I couldn't.

carol l mckenna said...

Glad you were able to recognize the 'face' in my trees to cool off ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

peppylady (Dora) said...

Your quite creativity.
Coffee is on and stay safe.

Gillena Cox said...

Hi Nicole. Thanks for linking to AFFF

Much💜love

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Gene must be very fond of you as I know he is too busy to do his art for others ... consider yourself lucky ... and as always, his piece is awesome.
WEll, I was surprised at your JoAnn's Fabric finds ... not what I would have expected to find there ... but, WOW, how crazy awesome those pieces are and I love what you did with the coffin. So, I have to ask, how is it you know what rotting skin feels like :0 ? Your corpse is beyond cool ... very realistic I'm afraid to say and yes paper towel guts would pass for the real thing. The people who come to your show better not be squeamish. You should take pictures of the faces of the people as they view your little corpse, Ha! I am guessing that would make an interesting post :) And, I can't overlook your new crooked jaw skull ... oh you are good!!! So do you get nervous in the dark of night when you hear an unusual sound? Or, do you just think it is one of your little friends coming to life at night to do their thing 😁 So I will be here next week for sure to see what kind of mischief you are up to :) Stay well, Nicole ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Magaly Guerrero said...

I love all your skulls and skeletons and such! And it's so fun to have Halloween in July.

Your choice of Debra's art is one of my favorite. The expression in the child's face tells so many stories...

David M. Gascoigne, said...

You are one of a kind, Nicole! Great gift from Gene, absolutely perfect for you.

NatureFootstep said...

it is strange, but skeletons can be beautiful :)