Wednesday, June 28, 2023

TADD

Hi Everyone!
I'm trying to get more active on the PC. It's coming back slowly. Today I'm joining Rain with TADD 
As for art, well you know what I am working on. Extremem Halloween for my upcoming show. I save those photos for my Friday Face OFF so you will have to come by tomorrow to see the new creatures I have made this week. I will also be showing how I take these faces and make them creepy.
I also started to sketch out a face this week. I'm afraid it is so light you may not be able to see it.

A bit of garden. We have had some sunshine and the garden is loving it.

These are growing in a pot on my deck.


 The first Nasturtium bloom.


 I don't know what these are but they are pretty. They came in a mix.


 I have these growing in several places. Yes, I need to cut the grass here. LOL


 Peas grow here in any weather. I am so thankful.


 Next year I am going to grow them in a raised bed against the fence. That was Mr. M's idea.


 I started these onions from onions. Got good roots started in water and set them in my window. You can see the post here.


 I should have a great harvest of potatoes this year.


Oh and the onions are doing fantastic. They really love the cold spring.
 

 These are just one bunch of carrots I have growing. The Borage is growing right on top of them


 Finally some grey squash is taking off.


 I should get some eggplant from this.


 The other night I had nothing for dinner. So I grabbed a jar of burger patties that I canned last year, along with some tomatoes and onions that I canned. I added some angle hair pasta with some carrots and brussles. We had the best meal ever. I was happy that the tomato and onions were a sweet taste. Not bitter at all.
Well that is it for now. 
Tomorrow I have to have some teeth pulled. lupus and especially sjogrens is very hard on teeth.
I'm thankful that I finally got into the dentist and he is a good one.
Bye Bye for now. 
Nicole.
 

13 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your flowers and garden are flourishing! Glad you had a delicious meal before your dental appointment. You'll probably be souping it for awhile afterwards. Good luck with the extractions!

Tom said...

...I'll be by tomorrow. Be well.

Christine said...

I do see your lovely sketch! Your meal looks colourful and delicious!

Rita said...

Garden is looking fantastic! :)

Cathy Kennedy said...

Nicole,

You do such a good job sketching people. I can't wait till you finish it. Your garden looks good and your throw together dinner sounds yummy. Gee, sorry to hear you have to have teeth pulled. That's not fun. Autoimmune disorders are difficult to live with. I was at the dentist yesterday getting my new bridge seated. I'm happy to have this done. I hope your health allows you to enjoy the activities you love indoors and out. It's always so interesting to see what you have going on from our side. :) Have a blessed day, dear friend!

Gene Black said...

I do see the lady in your drawing with her finger on her chin.

According to google, the pink flowers that came in a mix are Cosmos. (That was what I thought when I first saw them, but I have never actually seen cosmos, just photos.)

I hope your grey squash produces well. Squash is so versatile.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Good luck with the dentist, Nicole. It sounds quite awful to have teeth pulled.

Gillena Cox said...

Hope all goes well at the dentist tomorrow. Ys the sketch you shared is too light.

Looking forward to Friday Facee off

Thanks for dropping by my blog today
much💚love

Carola Bartz said...

Your sketch is beautiful, Nicole. I hope your visit to the dentist will go smoothly, having teeth pulled isn't exactly fun. The flower that you say you don't know what it is, is cosmos. They're lovely.

My name is Erika. said...

Your garden is looking great Nicole. Sorry to hear about having to get some teeth pulled. Good luck with that. hugs-Erika

Viagens pelo Rio de Janeiro e Brasil. said...

Boa Noite minha querida amiga Nicole. Quanto tempo que não visito o seu trabalho? Seu trabalho é lindo, dá mesma forma suas flores e colheita. Grande abraço carioca e brasileiro do seu amigo Luiz Gomes.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Well, you are indeed a wizard in your garden ... so much yummy food and beautiful flowers. So your talents don't end with your artistic flare and you even can throw together a delicious meal. I am glad my FH doesn't read your blog ... he might find out that there are people far more talented than I am out there, especially in the kitchen :) I can make out enough of your drawing to know that I am looking forward to the finished product and I cheated on your new creature as I saw it when I posted on Friday Face Off this morning :) Looking forward to the How to part :)
My daughter has lost many teeth because of some of the medications she is on and she does fine in spite of it ... hopefully you will do fine as well. I know Lupus and Sjogrens can be difficult and I think you manage very well in dealing with them. And, I have to add, you amaze me with your always "UP" mood :) Be well, my friend ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Lowcarb team member said...

Your flowers are so colourful, and your meal does look tasty.
Take care.

All the best Jan