Monday, June 26, 2023

T Stands for

 Hi Everyone!

Today we have sunshine. It has been a cold, overcast windy spirng and very hard on gardens. My neighbors and I keep notes together. All of our gardens are slow to yeild and all of us have lost many plants. However, in this cold weather the cabbage is doing great! It's a pretty plant too.

Since I took this photo the cabbage has doubled in size and almost ready to harvest.

 A different cabbage from the one above that was ready for harvest.


 Ready to cut and eat.


 I cleaned, cut and fried the cabbage to along with Hungarian beef over rice. Just way too good.


 I had to throw in this pizza because my half is all veggies. Mr. M'ms is left over Hungarian beef.


 These carrot are laying over Fennel. The onion is so sweet, we can eat it like an apple. Uhhh I will put it into a dish. LOL


 The was baked with the chicken with a bit of lemon, thyme, dill, and sage. OMG good.


 Now for some art. Well, kinda. I have dozens of these faces. I get them at the thrift store.


 All different sizes too. I have painted them and now I will create, yah, you know creepy faces out of them. LOL


 

 Now to get into Elizabeth's T-Party I must show a drink. This is fresh raspberry, frozen banana, frozen blueberry, fresh curly kale, and for the liquid I used Lemon Lime ICE Drink. I can't tell you how good this is.
I took 2 photos of my smoothie and they both turned out blurry. I mean hurt your eyes blurry. Google had a smoothie that looked just like mine. So, thank you Google.


I'm linking this up with Bleubeard and Elizabeth for a Tuesday Party. Stop by to see what everyone is doing.

Nicole


 

 

 


23 comments:

Mae Travels said...

Your garden sounds very nice, and I hope the vegetables start coming in regularly. Good luck with the weather!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Tom said...

...your cabbage is loving the cool weather!

Christine said...

Gorgeous cabbage the food looks good! Refreshing drink photo you found!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Cabbage is good and good for you!

My name is Erika. said...

All your food is looking great Nicole. We're having cooler weather and so much grey skies and rain too. My lettuce and kale look amazing, but everything else is also behind. I hope we both get better weather soon. And I hope your health is improving even a little bit and you have a super T day Nicole. hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Your veggie garden is providing good food even though the weather is not ideal. your smoothie sounds really delicious. Have a good week hugs Kathy

Iris Flavia said...

Hungry, I´m so hungry now!
And to imagine it´s from your own garden, how wonderful.
And I am looking forward to what you´ll do to the faces! Happy T-Day!

roentare said...

You are making such artistic masks. That is prompting me to do some art work on my own.

Amila said...

All this food looks delicious. The cabbage looks fresh too. It is interesting to see these faces. Thanks for sharing with us. Happy T day!

jinxxxygirl said...

MMmmm Nicole it all looks so good!! Curious as too how you get your paint to stick to the shiney surface of those faces??? Do you sand them? Gesso over them first? I hope you don't mind me asking.... Can't wait to see what you do with them! Your smoothie looks delish!! Happy Tday! Hugs! deb

Valerie-Jael said...

I am now craving fresh cabbage, so yummy! Great to have food from the garden. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - wish I was eating at your house this past week!!! Yum and so fun to have grown a lot of it. I LOVE cabbage and carrots. Your drink looks and sounds super yummy. I bought a bunch of ICE an ICE type drinks the other dy and thought of you.

I have never thought of buying faces and making them into scary ones - I am so going to buy one next time I see one! Super cool. Be sure to show us what the end result is.

Happy T-day, Nicole. Can't wait to see what you make from the garden next. Hugz

Gene Black said...

That cabbage is lovely. Our cold season is generally too short for cabbage, so mine always comes from the grocery store. I made fried cabbage a couple of nights ago to eat with my pork cutlet. It was delicious.
.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am a great fan of cabbage in all its various varieties and we eat it often. Last night we had a great napa salad with shrimps for dinner. Delicious!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was sorry to read your garden is struggling this year, especially after the past two seasons. It's definitely good to keep notes.

Your cabbage looks lovely and very healthy. I am not a fan of cabbage after eating so much cabbage soup one year thinking it would help me lose a few pounds. Once I got down to 98 lb, I gave up the soup and never looked back.

I use a lot of herbs in my food, but I have never combined sage and dill before. Must try that combo one of these days.

I took 37 photos of a piece of art the other day and not a single one turned out legible. I can empathize.

Thanks for sharing your amazing veggies, your wonderful meals, and your smoothie with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nicole.

Rita said...

You can always make me hungry! :)
Have fun making all those creepy faces--lol!

Sharon Madson said...

Your garden is amazing! Wow for cabbage. I look forward to see what you do with those faces. Great smoothie even if off google. :) Happy T Day.

Empire of the Cat said...

Your cabbage looks good. I am growing red cabbage this year which is really purple, but so far no cabbage, just some leaves. A bit early yet I think. Your smoothie sounds good, I usually throw some kale in mine but not the curly stuff, the cavolo nero/black stuff, as I like that better. Actually I don't like kale at all which is why I hide it in smoothies haha. Enjoy making your creepy faces! Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

Jeanie said...

Look at the size of this cabbage! Unbelievable -- you should enter it into a contest!

CJ Kennedy said...

The only way we like cabbage is as Cole Slaw which would work well with your carrots and other veg. Your dinners look good. Fun faces. I'll skip the kale in my smoothie. The rest sounds delicious. Happy T Day

carol l mckenna said...

Glad you are having better gardening success ~ neat photos ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBu Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

craftytrog said...

A delicious post Nicole! My mouth is watering now.

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for dropping by Art For Fun Friday. There will be a linky on Sunday. Sunday Smiles.
Have a nice Friday.

Muvh💚love