Thursday, June 22, 2023

Friday Face OFF 6/23/23

 Welcome to Friday Face OFF. This is where you can show any kind of face in any medium. Let your imagination go wild. Then link your blog to this one, link up with MR. Linky and start leaving comments. Everyone who joins in shares such wonderful art pieces.

My energy level is still crazy low. My PA ordered some bloodwork to check out why.
I know this is not good, however, to get some energy I have been drinking Monster energy drinks. I will say it does help. In fact I have been workng in my art room getting more pieces done for my Sept. Show. I should have been making these over the last few months but just couldn't. Now, I'm playing catch up and loving it.
The piece is made with paper mache'. His teeth are made of clay. I love them.

 


 



When I create there are a million things going through my head, so my art table looks like this. You really don't want to see what is behind me. LOL


 

 There are skulls scattered on every table top.


My new hat. Decorations coming soon.
 

 As you know I have tons of faces, some I make some I find in the thrift stores. These are painted and will become scary faces for my show.


 Started working on this guy yesterday.


 And this skully bird has been waiting for me to finish her up.


 

 One more coat of paper and it will be ready to cut off the skull underneath.


 This is a plastic skull that had blinking eyes. I removed the wires and bulbs, unhinged one side of the jaw, and started corpsing. I realize you can't really see what it is. LOL It's a side view.


 Awwwe so cute, NOT when I get done with her.


 Mr. M. found this toy on his walk today. It will make a great monster. 

 

 Oh he's missing a leg.



 Can't be without Vampire Blood.

 

Last by not least, a few weeks ago I found this on Amazon. It will be one of the walls for my show tent. It's canvas and yes it needs to be ironed. Uhhhgg....

Now for the featured artist. Valerie has been chosen several times but I could never capture a photo from her blog. I wrote to here to send me a photo. This is what she sent. Valerie from Bastelmania
 
I am also linking up with Gillena

Thanks for stopping by and joining in.
Have a great weekend.
Now it's time to show me your face.
Nicole
 

22 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Sorry for still being so tired. I´ll have my thyroid checked in about two weeks.
Cool skulls - I look very much forward to what becomes of the sweet baby - and the one legged street-find! And your stall...
Have a great day.

Valerie-Jael said...

Once again you have a selection of beautifully horrible skulls etc, they all look so real, the stuff that nightmares are made from! Glad you got the photo, hugs, Valerie

Cloudia said...

Thanks honey

Cloudia said...

Thanks honey

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I would have been by earlier, but my internet is so slow, it was just minutes before I had to link to Friday Smiles that I actually finished.

I am so sorry to read your energy levels are low. I am glad the Monster drink is helping. At least you are concentrating on your art and that is going to help.

That is a really unique first piece you shared, Nicole.

Your art table looks chaotic to me, but I have to work in a completely clean environment. Guess you can call me anal. Just who I am. I get something out, use it, put it away and when I need it again an hour later, get it back out again. Yep! Anal.

Oh wow. I like that top hat. Reminds me of steampunk or Alice in Wonderland.

I look forward to seeing what you do with the skeleton and I also like that skully bird.

I have one of those skulls that has blinking eyes. I got it for Halloween. I generally put it outside on my porch every year at that time. I will enjoy seeing how you treat yours.

I can only imagine what you will do with your baby doll. I've seen some pretty gory ones. You are SO lucky that Mr. M knows you and your art.

That is going to make an amazing wall in your show tent. It will set a good atmosphere, too. I'm getting excited about your show, too.

Gillena Cox said...

Congrats to Valerie.
Happy Friday Nicole

Much💚love

roentare said...

Hope your energy returns sooner or later. The various masks in your post are wonderful to view. Very artistic.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Better work on getting all your energy back for that September show. This year is whizzing by.

Tom said...

...Nicole, I hope that you will be in the pink soon. Thanks for hosting.

Gene Black said...

Your skulls are always interesting. I used them as the inspiration for my piece today.
I am interested to see what you do with the doll and the toy with the missing leg.

My name is Erika. said...

I love this paper mache skull. It has a dug up from ground look to it. And nice that you have all these cutesy things that won't stay that way, and even better for the joker that your hubby found. Have a great weekend, and I hope your energy comes back so you can make lots more art to share. hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Valerie is so talented as are you! Creative paper mache face. -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Today's skull has so much personality! Nice backdrop too -- it will look great in your display.

Mae Travels said...

Good to hear that your energy level is coming up again.I don’t see why you shouldn’t drink energy drinks if they work (unless a trusted doc told you no).
Have fun with all the creepy creativity! I’ll be afraid to see the fate of that baby doll.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful creative works and such a wild imagination ~ Wow!

Sending you lots of distant reiki healing energy hugs ~ be well.

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Jeanie said...

I hear you with the energy. I've been fatigued too. Blood work revealed B-12 was low and sugar a little (not a lot) high -- both possible causes. So, changes in the offing!

LA Paylor said...

you really capture the scary faces... I'm a big baby with scary stuff! Happy arting... do what makes you feel good since so much of life is coping
LeeAnna

Gillena Cox said...

Hi Nicole
Thanks for linking to AFFF

much💚love

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Looking forward to seeing how the bird ends up. My art table is really messy and I'm not working on anything at the moment.

Fundy Blue said...

Hi, Nicole! Those Monster energy drinks must be working, because I can feel your energy ~ lol! The paper maché head is creepy fun! Mr. M. is definitely shining of you on his walks. Have a great weekend!

peppylady (Dora) said...

No face, but I did some art this week. And it posted over my blog.
Coffee is on, and stay safe.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do hope your energy levels get better soon.
Take care.

All the best Jan