Wednesday, December 14, 2022

TADD with Rain 12/15/22

 Hi Everyone!
It's Wednesday night and when I finish this post I still have laundry to fold. Yes, I do mundane things just like all of you. LOL
TADD with Rain's theme this week is Gift Wrapped. As I don't do Christmas I am off in my own little world creating for my show next year. So no gift wrapping for me. Instead I will show you some bottles I have. Now, creating with bottles is NOT a new thing for me. I will try to find some photos of older bottle art. 
For 20 plus years Mr. M. and I lived in N. Idaho, right on the Montana border. A very small town that at one time was thriving due to silver mining. Exploring the lands around the town we found where an old restaurant was. We dug up hundreds of old bottles, dishware and real silverware. The other day I asked Mr. M. where all the bottles were. He brought in 1 small box and 1 apple box full of bottles. I had so much fun unwrapping them all. There are 5 more huge boxes left to go through. Here are just a few of the bottles I will be altering for my show.

 These need to be rewashed.


 I really like the pint and 1/2 pint whiskey bottles in the back row.


Most of these are old condiment bottles except the vases in back.

 This I am going to keep. It is a very small perfume bottle with a glass dropper. How cool.



 Here are 2 bottle that I textured with old garden netting. This one has copper leaf in the edges. It is really pretty in real life.


 This also has the garden netting and then painted with metallic paints. Both of these bottles have beveled glass toppers that are drying.


This apothecary bottle painted black and then I applied patina to make it look old. I really like how it turn out. I forgot to order corks today I will get some for the bottles.
 

 This is what I have on my table for next year. I really love having a mission. LOL


 Now for food. I really love meat balls with my spaghetti.



 Toast, egg, and avocado for breakfast.


Hmmmm carrot pumpkin cake.
 

 This cake is huge. We shared it with our neighbors.


 Now these are the weirdest cookies. These are meringue with a little surprise inside. I made them too large for one thing.



 The surprise inside is a chocolate kiss. I tried cutting one in half to show you but they are too fragile. Also if I make these again I will use half the sugar. WAY TOO SWEET


 There wasn't a small bag of kisses at the store so I will have to freeze most of them.


 If you are a regular to my blog you know I don't make many things with chocolate. Not high on my list of treats. However, lately, chocolate is on my mind. LOL I found these on sale and couldn't pass it up.


To end this post here is something nice.
A sparrow hawk in my tree. The Ravens were attacking the hawk every time she tried to fly off. Finally, after a very long time, she got away. Flying on the wind, free.

Nicole

21 comments:

roentare said...

The end results look spectacular! Are they for sale?

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, I sure had a very mundane smile in my face!
Oh, I love such places! As kids we went into an old hut and found also such things, it was exciting!!!

Hmmm spaghetti and avocado.... Poor birdy, I never thought ravens attack a hawk!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love all of your bottles, what a find. The decorated ones look fabulous, too. And your food looks soooo good and I am hungry. The ravens and crows here mob hawks, too. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Gene Black said...

Your finished bottles are lovely. I will enjoy seeing the others finished as you go.

My name is Erika. said...

That's a great way to get old dishes and bottles,etc. And your latest bottles look great. And you're making me hungry this morning, especially with that cake and the meatballs. And nice hawk photo too. I'm glad she managed to get away from the crows. I bet she was too close to their nests. Have a great Thursday. hugs-Erika

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Better check on eBay. Some of those old bottles sell for serious money sometimes.

The Happy Whisk said...

Dug up hundreds of bottles. This is very cool. The textured ones are also very cool. I thought about doing this. I love it! Ohhh, food looks good too! Happy Eating! Cheers, Ivy.

Christine said...

Creative bottle art Nicole and the food looks amazing. Glad the raven got away.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Nice collection
I hope you check value before altering. I'm hopelessly paranoid about things like that after giving away an expensive book years ago.
Meringues are fun to make.
No shopping here. That part of the holidays faded as the pandemic grew.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You will be the Bottle Queen!

Divers and Sundry said...

Cool bottle finds, and I love what you did with them. That cake and your other treats look delicious!

ashok said...

Creative with bottles too..keep it up Nicole

Tom said...

...and doesn't love Christmas kisses?

Jeanie said...

Some of those bottles are really impressive. And your baking looks delicious -- as they say, good enough to eat!

Rita said...

Looks like you have quite a variety of cool bottles to play with!
Love seeing the hawk! :)

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful shot of the sparrow hawk ~ and great foods ~ Xo


Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Wow, this was fun. I love the bottles. My FH and I had a huge collection of antiques including many very interesting bottles. We sold almost everything when we downsized to move to our MIL apartment. If I were talented like you, I could have found interesting things to do with them ... but I will just enjoy your wonderful artwork. As for your food, I love toast, egg and Avocado. I fix it often for my breakfast and will probably do it again soon as your picture has tweaked my memory:) I love the meringue cookies. My Mother used to make a sugar cookie with a candy kiss in the center ... they were awesome, especially when fresh out of the oven. Your Sparrow Hawk is an accipiter. We have Cooper's Hawks that look like your Sparrow Hawk ... not sure if they are the same, but all of our hawks are constantly harassed by by small birds and yes the crows and Ravons as well. I often wondered why they don't just turn on them... they certainly are capable of it. Anyway, a handsome bird for sure. Enjoyed this post, Nicole. You hit on two of my favorite subjects :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

Elderberry-Rob said...

the bottle art looks fun and I just love the witches brew bottle!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Nicole! Hope you and Mr. M are well. I am drooling over your bottles, both in original form and after you have done your magic on them. Brava! I am reminded of the great Michael DeMeng's art when I see your Appendages. And I love all your food, I would definitely be a houseguest constantly at your table, lol. I showed scrambled egg and cheese burritos with guacamole last week and it was so good. XOX, Aimeslee

NatureFootstep said...

love the way you alter the bottles. :) Beautiful. :)

Rain Frances said...

Hi Sis! Your carrot cake looks delicious! I love all of those old bottles and how you've made them look! What a great find! ♥