Thursday, December 15, 2022

Friday Face OFF 12/16/2022

Hi Everyone!
I can't tell you how much fun I have been having in the art room. I really love it when art projects just come together. Of course I am working on piece for my show next year. I want to have 3 full tables of witchy, Halloween items. Today I was able to finish 5 bottles. YAY!

You may remember these face. 
I made them from clay this last summer. 
This one will be going to my SIL. 

I actually had this bottle made when I found the face and realized the colors were a match. I had to remove some of the embellishment to fit the face then reapply it, but that was so easy.

I did get corks today too, so some of these do have tops. 
This one has a topper that doesn't open. The bottle is strictly ornamental. The frog is made of glass and I bought it when I was in Japan. Had to use it on this one for sure.

Here is the side view of him. 
It feels male. The frog does have some great detail. 

It's almost time for Thursday night football so on with the featured artist. This week is number 19. 
Dora from Peppylady

 I'm linking up with Gillena 


That's it for now, it's time to show me your face. You know how, any kind of face in any medium. Link up, link back and leave comments. 
Can't wait to see what all of you bring this week.
Nicole

32 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Thanks for the reminder! *adds toad bladders to grocery list*

peppylady (Dora) said...

Thanks you for sharing my art. I really like the bottle. For those who don't how to do the faces on bottle. Could you please share how they are done or link.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Gene Black said...

I am loving the bottles. Yeah, I need a bottle of toad bladders for next weekend.

Christine said...

One of a kind bottles. Nice art from Dora. -christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

ashok said...

Great creativity with the bottles!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm loving the Toad Bladder and the toad. I also like the one on the far left. You keep this up and you will have even more than 3 tables. Way to go, Nicole.

Gillena Cox said...

Another awesome serving of Friday art
Have a good weekend Nicole

muchđź’—love

Gillena Cox said...

Congratulations to Dora today's featured artist

muchđź’—love

kwarkito said...

These bottles are fantastic. You create so many different things. You are an amazing and inspired artist

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

When I created my Friday Smiles, I found a face I think you will like, That's why I have two entries this week, dear.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful faces on your bottles, you really had fun. Have a happy Friday, hugs, Valerie

roentare said...

These artworks are fabulous. Love the faces.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I forgot to mention, I have a funeral to go to today, so I'll be by to visit everyone later.

Iris Flavia said...

Japan, how cool! And oh. I love that frog the most! All bottles are cool but he is a winner!

sirkkis said...

Congrats Nicole for the success of your bottle art.
Have a wonderful weekend xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your bottle faces, what a fun idea! And toad bladders - what do you cook with them? Hugs, Valerie

David M. Gascoigne, said...

You have done a great job with these bottles.

Tom said...

...let's put on some happy faces! Thanks Nicole for hosting the party.

My name is Erika. said...

I think when the artist is motivated and having fun it does show through in their work. Like your bottles today. These are great. Happy weekend. hugs-Erika

carol l mckenna said...

these bottles are amazing ~ so creative ~ Wow! Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Gillena Cox said...

Thank you for linking to Art For Fun Friday Nicole

Muchđź’Ślove

Mae Travels said...

Your fanciful little bottles look really wonderful.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

My, these are wonderful bottles.
So creative.

Cloudia said...

Cool Art bottles, D.V!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Great bottles. I'm cross with myself as I recently threw away some little bottles that I could of decorated.

Fundy Blue said...

These are wonderful, Nicole! I love each and every one. The frog's profile expression is really interesting. You are going to have a fabulous show next year! Take care!

The Happy Whisk said...

Wow, Nicole! Your bottles are very cool and I love that you love your art room. That's how I feel about my work spaces too!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I love your bottles ... so clever and witchy. Your Frog cork is perfect and I LOL when I read Toad Bladders on the bottle. You are sooooo much fun, Nicole. I look forward to seeing what you will come up with every week. I hope, with all that you are doing, that you have time to sit back and enjoy the mood of the season.

Andrea @ From the Sol

Divers and Sundry said...

You have been creative with the bottles!

Luiz Gomes said...

Bom inĂ­cio de semana minha querida amiga Nicole. Seus trabalhos sĂŁo maravilhosos. Grato pela sua visita e carinho.

Rajani Rehana said...

Super blog

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the bottles.
Nice to see Dora's art.

All the best Jan