Wednesday, October 12, 2022

TADD 10/13/22

 Hi Everyone!

Today is TADD with Rain. Her theme this week is, lost. Well I am lost alright, I forgot to make art for this week. I have been focusing on art but for something different. I will show you some of it tomorrow on Friday Face OFF. I have also been deep cleaning and organizing my house for the winter.
I do however, have lots of food goodies 
so here goes.
 

It was cold last week so to warm the house, and my most favorite comfort food, I made mac n cheese.
 

 It is full of cheese through and through.



 I wanted some crispy French bread to go with a dinner. I use foil to keep the shape of the loaf.


 Score and decorate.


 How pretty is this?


 

 

Nice and crisp all around
 

 It went along with spaghetti bake topped with provolone cheese. This is before it went into the over.


 Yesterday, I went to the last day of our local Farmer's Market. I got some amazing Zucchini, and I already had sweet potatoes. So ZSP sweet breads. OMG good.


 I did add some streusel on top. I also shared with my neighbors across the street.


 I got a huge bag of mixed greens    


 Look how beautiful this lettuce is.



I also got the sweetest tomatoes I have ever tasted.
 

 During the week managed to can 13 pints of peas.


 My neighbor across the street thought I would like these books. Uhhh yeahhh..... I've just glanced through this one.

 but I am way into this book.

 


Now a word about our Farmer's Market. They all live in Florence but they live inland and don't fight the elements that I do. Also they grow in ground not in containers. Just a few miles inland there is no wind and lots of warm sunshine. I will be stocking up on tomatoes there next year.

Well that is it for me. Be sure to stop by Rain's to see what all the gang is doing.

Nicole

20 comments:

Christine said...

What a delicious feast of dishes!

Tom said...

...the French bread looks great.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like how you decorate your French bread!

Rita said...

Everything looks scrumptious!!
Love the fancy french bread. :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Your food looks soooooo good, my mouth is watering. I must get back to cooking again! Hugs, Valerie

Giorgio said...

What a beautiful French "baguette"! I love macaroni and cheese :-) Did you cook it in the oven? Isn't it?
Early Autumn is the right time for organizing our house for the Winter, Nicole.

All the best!

roentare said...

These foods are your art creations this week

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Looks like you ate well, and the bread actually looks beautiful too.

My name is Erika. said...

With all that baking and cooking no wonder why you forgot to include some art. Your food looks so yummy. I haven't mac and cheese in forever. Thanks for that inspiration. And I look forward to seeing that art tomorrow. hugs-Erika

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for all the goodies. Luv luv tomatoes.
Happy Thursday.

Much❤love

Iris Flavia said...

Mac´n cheese is on my list since weeks and since I ate up mealry all over-due-date-stuff I´ll treat myself witth that! First time, too! (had once one from ALDI, eeek...)

LOL, reckon you´re the last one who needs such books ;-)
But nice they thought of you!

Carola Bartz said...

Your post left me hungry over here! Everything looks so delicious. Farmers markets are the best, ours thankfully are year-round. It's mainly farmers from our county, but also some from the Central Valley. I do love to buy my veggies and fruit here (from the local farmers). I remember Florence as windy - as the entire Oregon Coast. Just like the Northern California Coast, if there is the ocean, there is wind. Now I go and make some lunch and then I will bake a pumpkin bread.

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa noite minha querida amiga Nicole. Que vontade de provar essas delícias. Bom final de semana.

Rain said...

Oh Sis I LOVE how you decorated your bread, how neat!!! Mac and Cheese...droooooool...I'm going to be making some more banana bread today. I have zucchini but I think that'll go into a veggie chilli for tonight! The lettuce looks great! I'm so glad you found a spot where you can stock up on tomatoes! That's like finding gold lol! ☺☺ The Intelligent Gardner lol...yeah, that's me alright hee hee! Off to your FFO post! ☺☺ ♥♥

Jeanie said...

That food is a work of art in itself!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Food is art, right? You made such wonderful comfort food too. They look fabulous.

-Soma

Fundy Blue said...

My favorite comfort foods ~ wonderful Nicole! Good luck with your cleaning and organizing! I'm doing the same thing! Take care!

NatureFootstep said...

sorry to say food is not my strong side nowadays. Growing older I lost apetite :( And don´t want to cook. Not fun!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Farmer's Markets are awesome. I live in the Midwest where everything is about farming and our Farmer's Markets are the best. There is nothing like a fresh off the vine tomato. I eat them like apples and my FH thinks I am a bit crazy. But, I am healthy and I think that has a lot to do with it. Your recipes look delicious, especially the bread. And, I really can't get over how many of you out there do your own canning. My mother did that, but I always thought my generation didn't ... guess I was wrong :) Love it all, Nicole ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Divers and Sundry said...

Oooooo! This all looks delicious!