Monday, May 16, 2022

T stands for Garden.

 Happy Tuesday to all of you.
Today is T stands for garden and a drink to join Bleubeard and Elizabeth. 

As you know it has been a rough start to gardening in my town. 
With the rains, wind and no sunshine, getting seeds to germinate and get started has been an adventure. Keeping the plants I do have, is a whole other story. However, today and part of tomorrow it is sunshine with a few showers. I am so happy. Here is what's going on in the garden.

To make sure the seeds are viable I start them in damp paper towel and placed in a baggie. This keeps the moisture even. I place these in the window sill.
 

If the seeds are good it doesn't take long to see beautiful roots. These are black beans I grew last year.


 There is a certain way to place beans into the soil. The roots show you which way.


 It doesn't take long for beans to start growing. These are pinto beans.

 I love the way the leaves come out of the bean.


 Sweet Peas



 Beats. How something that starts out so small grows into a big plant.


 First time I've ever purchased starter plants. These are all herbs.


 Potatoes doing just fine.


 This is Bush Squash and they are doing OK too.


 These are Whipple beans sent to me from Donna Z.


 Sweet Peas that are trying hard to grow.

 These radishes look good but the cold has hindered the radish growth.


 I have 6 of these boxes with onion sets in them. I have more sets that will go into the big garden.



 These are onions grown from ends of store bought. The is the second planting.


 

 I took this photo through my window so it is not very clear. I have been seeing this yellow bird flitting around. I saw him/her last year too.



Now for my drink cold water. The cookies are Snicker doodles and I have to say they may be the best cookies I have ever made. I will share the recipe tomorrow for Food Wednesday.


Have a great day everyone.

Nicole

24 comments:

Sharon Madson said...

Your gardening skills are very good. I never had the patience for that kind.
I planted seeds in the ground, and then did weeding and watering. I could only grow carrots and beets successfully. I couldn't grow flowers except for daisies, which took over our grass! LOL Oh, snickerdoodles are a favorite in our family! Happy T Day!

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Nicole, I enjoyed seeing your garden progress-this has been a rough spring for getting a veggie garden going all over I think this year. I loved seeing your photos. I haven't made snicker doodles in a very long time-we used to as kids bake them
Happy T

My name is Erika. said...

Hurrah for your garden finally getting a good start. It's great to see all your seeds starting off, and I bet you're excited. Your cookies do look yummy. Have a great T day! hugs-Erika

Christine said...

You are an awesome gardener Nicole!

Christine said...

You are an awesome gardener Nicole!

Tom said...

...seeing seeds germinating is wonderful.

Kate Yetter said...

Oh, I love snickerdoodles!
Your plants are looking great. You have so many varieties. I will have to try the damp paper towel trick with some tomato seeds that I have.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Valerie-Jael said...

You have been very busy in your garden again, glad the seeds are starting to grow! The yellow bird looks pretty. Hve a great T day, Valerie

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Sunshine and showers sounds like the perfect combination for a garden.

Iris Flavia said...

Love your gardening! Interesting how beans grow. And such a cute bird.
Never heard of those cookies.
Have a nice T-Day!

Divers and Sundry said...

I confess I buy my black beans in a can and my potatoes already grown ;) But I love seeing how you manage all your gardening. Your snickerdoodle cookies look wonderful! I look forward to your recipe. Happy T Tuesday

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've never made snicker doodles so I'm looking forward to your recipe tomorrow. I'm tying to increase my cookie repertoire.

Granny Annie said...

I worked outside the home for 32 years and threatened to shoot anyone who planted anything around my home that needed care. Now that my daughter has moved close to me, she plants flowers everywhere and it scares me to death knowing I must keep them alive. No green thumb here.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, your garden is going to look amazing this year! I loved seeing all your plants taking seed and growing 😀. Those snicker doodle cookies look so good too - yum! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

jinxxxygirl said...

Love seeing your gardening efforts... No garden here yet but hope to do so in raised beds at some point.. Happy happy T day... Snickerdoodles are my husbands FAVORITE cookie.. looking forward to that recipe. Hugs! deb

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So glad to read you have had success with your beans and onions, among other plants. I grow my basil from seed. I should send you some. They are super easy to grow. You have a far larger and healthier garden than I have. It all looks so good.

I LOVE snicker doodles and make them at Christmas. Thanks for sharing your garden plants, your cookies and your water with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nicole.

Jennifer Rose said...

i love those cookies!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wo5w! This all looks like hard work but what chance of a great harvest in the future! I'm going to look up snicker doodles - they look good! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

Lisca said...

I love seeing all that you planted and I'm sure you will keep us updated about their progress. It is so satisfying, is it not?
I have this afternoon planted herb seeds in a tray. Parsley, dill and savory. They should germinate in three weeks.
The cookies look delicious. And I smiled at the fun name. Did you invent that name or is that what they are called? I'll look out for the recipe.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Serena Lewis said...

My daughter has been busy setting up her planters with veggies. I love how you grow them from seeds. I hope you will share pics of the adult plants. That little bird is so cute. It looks like a type of wren going by it's tail.

Empire of the Cat said...

Loved seeing everything you are growing in the garden. We are having the same problem with too much rain. I have some sweet peas growing but the snails want to eat them all :/ Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

carol l mckenna said...

Glad your plantings are coming along and your snicker doodles sound yummy ~ Xo


wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
(aks A Creative Harbor)

CJ Kennedy said...

You are going to have an awesome garden. Weather is turning hot here. Snickerdoodles would be good with a glass of lemonade. Happy T Day

Jeanie said...

It may be a slow start to your garden but it's faster than mine and I'm incredibly impressed by what you have already and the bounty that is likely to come in due course. It looks terrific. (I've never done the seeds that way. Duh. Makes perfect sense!)