Monday, May 30, 2022

Movie Monday

 Hi Everyone and Happy Monday.

My Monday?... is to clean the carnage that a 50mph sustained wind storm left behind. Holy crapoly I truly thought the barn, the fence, something was going to blow over. Those things were safe in my yard but not my neighbors. We lost power and my garden got torn apart. So far I have lost my cabbage plants. I already have more started in the house. The rain came down in sideways buckets. As much as I tried to save the lettuce and spinach those got drenched and the seeds are lost I will have to start those over as well. I can't even talk about the potatoes. Lots of broken stems. The winds simply ripped the coverings off the plants like it was nothing. This weather is crazy stupid for almost being  June. So wish me luck when I head out side that the garden held up. 

Now for Movie Monday. I have been hooked on another series. It's more soap opera-eree but I love Viola Davis as a strong professor lawyer teaching a group of ambitious students. The story lines are many and deep rooted in the lives of all the people and I think that's what keeps me interested. BECAUSE no one could get away with the outrageous deceptions these people do. LOL 
The series is; 
How to get away with Murder
I am watching this on Netflix.
If you don't have Netflix there are other streaming options for just a few dollars.
 

 
Hope you have a great day. 
 
Nicole

 

11 comments:

Tom said...

...what extreme weather you have, put some rocks in your pockets so you don't blow away.

craftytrog said...

I'm so sorry your garden and plants took a battering Nicole, it must be so disheartening.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh no, what a disaster! I hope your garden rallies and gets back on track. I've never watched "How to Get Away With Murder" but My Rare One is a HUGE fan of that show and of Viola Davis as a result. I think there's at least 2 seasons of it, isn't there? Maybe 3.

Valerie-Jael said...

So sorry about your plants, I know how hard you work and how much love and energy you put into your garden. Valerie

Jeanie said...

Oh Nicole, I'm so sorry about your garden and all the water and power loss. That sounds just horrendous. You're right -- the weather is definitely crazy stupid.

Iris Flavia said...

So sorry about your garden! Hope a bit is left after all?

carol l mckenna said...

Oh ~ am glad you are safe and sorry to hear about this treacherous storm ~ be safe ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter, and love in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Did Blogger eat my comment today?

Christine said...

Sounds interesting.

Cathy Kennedy said...

This is a series I'd like to see but we no longer have Netflix. I checked with Hulu but it's not there. Maybe, Amazon Prime has it. Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry to hear about the storm that did so much damage to your garden. The weather has been weird. We've had more windy condition this spring than usual. Now the heat is here. I suspect we're in for a hot summer this year!

Gene Black said...

I have Netflix because it comes free with my phone plan. But, I am busy with the Night Sky series on Amazon Prime right now (the only subscription that I pay for.)

So sorry about the weather and your garden. That sounds like "early spring" in Alabama.