Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Food Wednesday with Kathy

 Greetings!

Before I get into the food, we had to drive to Salem yesterday. OMG!!! A 3 hour drive in some of the worst rain and wind ever. Mr. M. was driving this time but had it been me I would have pulled over a few times. Visibility was horrible. So, today I will be catching up on blog comments. Thank you for all the kindness you leave me here. It is so appreciated.

Today I am  joining 
With all the foody bloggers out there I hope you join in and leave a link.
Today for me is bread. 
This bread is so easy and makes a great loaf. It is No Knead Beer Bread
You will need 1 1/2t active dry yeast, 4 1/2C APF, 1/2C warm water(100°F or 38°C) 1 12oz bottle or can of beer. 1 1/2t salt a little APF for dusting the counter and cornmeal to spread on backing pan.

 Stir together 1/2C APF, yeast and water. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.


 Stir in beer.

 


 add APF and salt and mix until you have a sticky dough that pulls away from the bowl.

 Place dough in an blow with a bit of oil turn the dough once.


 Cover and place in warm place for about 2 hours. Or until dough has doubled in size.

Sprinkle cornmeal onto pan


 On a lightly floured surface shape dough. If it is too stick just add a bit of flour. Transfer loaf to backing sheet, cover and let rise 30 minutes. Score the top.


 In a preheated 425°F  or 220°C oven place a small loaf pan of water, then the loaf of bread on the middle rack. Bake for about 30 minutes.


 
Hope you try this!
Have a great day.
 
Nicole

18 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Nicole, beautiful tutorial of your breadmaking-looks delicious too
Thanks so much for linking up for Food Wednesdays hugs Kathy

Divers and Sundry said...

That looks delicious. I have a no-knead cheese bread I make, and it's wonderful to have a bread that's quick and easy :)

Giorgio said...

That's looks wonderful bread, Nicole. I would like to have it at breakfast, sliced with blueberry jam ... as I think it is not too salty (you above mentioned "salt a little").
I Hope the weather will be better in Oregon, so you can enjoy gardening with your green house :-)
Congrats on your creativity, Nicole ... I like your 29th face which you published yesterday.

Today crude oil price is rising by more that 6% and yesterday it did the same ... the world is in a mess.

Have a nice day!


Granny Annie said...

I love a picture recipe. I believe I can do this. Thanks!!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm going to try this recipe! No knead bread is my new project!

Tom said...

...it looks GREAT!

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks great, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry you had a bad day on the road yesterday. Your bread looks beautiful, but I don't bake much. And I have NO idea what APF is. Apparently, some days I'm clueless.

jinxxxygirl said...

Nicole that looks absolutely yummy! What do you use to cover your dough while its rising.. cheesecloth?? What does APF stand for?? Novice here! Hugs! deb

DVArtist said...

APF All purpose flour.

DVArtist said...

APF All purpose flour

DVArtist said...

Giorgio, this bread is good for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Makes the best toasted garlic bread. Yes, we are all in a mess.

Christine said...

What horrible weather, glad you made it through. The beer bread looks delicious!

Jennifer Rose said...

looks good, shame we never have beer in the house

Rita said...

OH that loos deicious! :)

My name is Erika. said...

No knead bread is such fun. I haven't heard of no knead beer bread though. It looks yummy Nicole. I haven't made bread for a while and I think I've been inspired to make some soon. Happy March!

Iris Flavia said...

I hate driving in general but horrible weather, uh-oh. Glad you came home safely!
The bread looks great and really easy to make.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I just might give this a go...or persuade hubby to!! Chrisxx