Thursday, March 3, 2022

TAD with Rain Dragons

 Greetings!

Welcome back Rain. Today is TAD with Rain and her theme this week is, Dragons. Yesssss.... Something I can totally relate to.
Since I was a little girl I have dreams of Dragons. They are my get away dreams. Those dreams that I make appear when life is just too much. All my life when I least expected it a Dragon would come into my life. I would find one or be gifted one or make one. Now you know that Game of Thrones was my favorite simply for the Dragons. LOL Well the whole story too.
When I first met Mr. M. he was a strapping hunk of a man. 6'3" worked out with weights. However, the thing that pulled me to him was the 3 headed dragon tattooed on his entire back. Ohh be still my heart. He won't let me take a photo of it, but it is truly a piece of art.
so, for some Dragons I have out right now.
This is written on the back of the pewter piece.
Dragon
In Chine, there are many different types of Dragons, relating to anything from the elements to specific places.  They embody strength, goodness and the spirit of change or transformation. Dragons are symbolic and the creative strength of Heaven, masculine energy (Yang,( and are believed to appear in the world if the ruling sovereign shows a lack of virtue. They are also said to exert a restraining influence over the sin of greed. The Dragon frequently appears in carvings or statues holding a ball or pear. This can symbolize many different thing - the sun, the moon, an egg which represents the dual influences of nature, or the pearl of potentiality. The Azure Dragon represents the cardinal direction, "East" in the Chinese art of Feng Shue. Dragons can be placed in many areas of the home to guard, protect bring strength and to activate masculine energy. 


 

 


 


 

The Dragon above was made by my Nan in the 1980s. The pewter Dragon in the frame was a gift from my Nan. she bought it in China and it was made by mentally challenged kids that lived in a home. 

 

This is my Hiuchol Dragon that I made in 1996. It is 5 ft tall and is created with millions of size 11/0 seed beads. Please click on the face photos to see how the                                  beads are laid.

 

 


 


 


 


 

This is an inscent holder.

 




 

 


 


 


 


 


 

 

I have more Dragons, but they are sleeping and packed away with my faerie collection.
Be sure to stop by Rain's to see what other's have for the Dragon theme.

Have a great day.

Nicole

18 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am very happy to have been able to travel quite extensively over the years in regions of Asia where dragons have deep roots in mythology, and are still part of ritual and observance to this day.

Tom said...

...an amazing collection, I have none!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, what a dragon collection you have! And that beaded dragon you made -- so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your photos with us. And persuade your hubby to let you photograph his awesome tattoo!

Christine said...

Enjoyed this dragon post Nicole, wow you are really a dragon fan. Talented grandma too. Loved the story of your hubby's dragon tattoo how it attracted you!

Cathy Kennedy said...

Nicole,

I never knew a dragon's virtues. Your Nan's dragon creation is really nice and so is the framed one created by mentally challenged kids. Actually that one is amazing. Your collection of dragons is pretty cool! It's nice to have something you like to collect. The dragon you painted looks like something you'd see hanging in a Chinese restaurant. Nicely done!

Jennifer Rose said...

can never have too many dragons 😀

My name is Erika. said...

Fabulous dragons. I enjoyed seeing them, and hearing about your hubby's giant dragon tattoo. That must be something.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You ROCK in this latest challenge, Nicole. I can see why you love dragons so much. I especially like the pewter framed one from your Nan. Nice to learn you have dragons everywhere, even on your husband (grin). I really LOVE the one you painted.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Wow! That is an impressive collection. I'm quite fond of dragons, too--my largest tattoo is a red dragon coiled around my left hip.

I love that you shared the stories of the individual pieces. The beaded dragon you made is magnificent.

Rita said...

Your Nan made an amazing dragon! And your beaded one--OMG! That must have taken forever to make--wow! What a collection. Will be a fun theme for you this month. :)

Iris Flavia said...

Owww, shoot, I´d love to see the tattoo!
Beautiful dragons you have.
I remember "The Never Ending Story" (oh, darn, now I have that stupid song in my head!).

Granny Annie said...

I dream of dragons after watching Game Of Thrones. Your dragons are fantastic.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Fabulous, I love dragons.

Mae Travels said...

Fantastic dragons! I wish I could dream about them, but I don't think it's every happened. I love the dragons on Chinese blue & white ceramics.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I love dragons, but not like you ... you have an incredible collection and understanding of the history and myths about dragons. I smiled when you said you fell for your hunk of a husband because he had a dragon on his back ... you really must convince him to let you photograph it :) I have many pictures of dragons from my travels in Thailand and I forgot about them until it was too late ... I will have to wait until we have another opportunity to post them. Wonderful post Nicole ... I love how dragons have been so instrumental in your life.

Andrea @ From the Sol

NatureFootstep said...

wow, that is one marvellous collection. How wonderful it is. The one you created and the ones you recieved from your nan. So many good memories and great pieces of art. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

You have a great dragon collection.

All the best Jan

Rain said...

I love your dragon collection Nicole!! Everything is so beautiful, and that story about your husband! I couldn't imagine having such a big tattoo done...I have a few little ones and nearly fainted when I had them done lol...the work you did on your beaded dragon is phenomenal!! ♥♥