Thursday, November 18, 2021

TAD Wisps n Winds

 Hi Everyone!

Today is TAD, ya know Thursday Art Date. Rain hosts this challenge every week, and I have to tell you it is so much fun. When I first joined the TAD gang, I thought,  "I can't do these themes. It puts me in a box, I have no freedom". Boy was I wrong! Having a theme actually makes me think about what I will create. In fact it gives me freedom to take a subject and go with it. If you have been thinking the same thing and haven't tried TAD then change the wheel in your head and go for it. You will find it makes you a better artist. As does AEDM. Leah started this to give us all a little nudge to create. For both place any medium is accepted. So come have join in the fun. Geess sounds like I am running for office. ha ha ha.


 Here is my painting for the wisp.

 

I cleaned my art room. Last week I showed what a mess is was.

  I am so crammed pack into this space.


 But at least I have a space.


 


 


 

 

 I haven't made Japanese Milk Bread in awhile. So did the other day.

 Mr. M. at the middle out of the first one. He couldn't help himself.

Then soft Oatmeal cookies.

 
and here is the wind part of the theme. I wish I made a video of the other day when we had 50mph gust. 
This was last year.

 

 Have a great day everyone.

If you don't think the delta variant or covid 19 can hurt you, 
YOU ARE WRONG! Protect yourself and others. 
Get Vaccinated and Wear a MASK! 

22 comments:

Tom said...

...I understand that you know all about wind!

ashok said...

That's an interesting theme and you have done justice to it. You are lucky to have an art space...i wish i had one too :)

Christine said...

Lovely wispy wind art and your baking looks fantastic! Nice cozy art space

My name is Erika. said...

Your art room looks fantastic. I cleaned mine awhile back too since I had only paths on the floor. I feel like you, I need more space but am grateful to have a room to work in. And challenges do make you think, don't they? Hope your week is going well. Hugs-Erika

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"The TAD gang" -- I like the sound of that!

Christine said...

Lovely wisp painting and a cozy work space. The food looks good.

Empire of the Cat said...

Love your wisps painting, and your wind video. I do like the sound of wind blowing through trees. I switched rooms to a bigger art room but it doesn't seem like it lol. I am lucky to have a dedicated space like you but of course it never seems big enough. Might help if I stopped dumping stuff on the floor lol. The milk bread and the cookies look delicious. Happy AEDM Elle/EOTC xx

craftytrog said...

A beautiful painting Nicole, and your art space looks wonderful.
The baking looks delicious too.
Keep out of that wind!
Alison

Gillena Cox said...

Looking at your wind video reminded me i posted one to facebook which i had forgotten about.
Happy Thursday Nicole

Much💛love

Barbara said...

I see a red combed and red tailed rooster in your terrific painting!

Iris Flavia said...

Love your painting and awww, an art room. I have the things under the swing and others in some cupboards. A mess.
That sure is some wind, weeee....

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Lovely art and a wonderful space. Is that a guillotine cutter? If so, it is massive. I like how you have organized your supplies, too. Looks like your bread and cookies are going to make me hungry, dear. Happy TAD and AEDM.

Elderberry-Rob said...

PLenty of wind/movement in your colourful painting :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful art, cookery and photos!

NatureFootstep said...

You got a cool whipy art today. :)

I agree what you write about participating. Themes are actually a great thing. A way to do "your art" on anothers theme will learn you a lot. I too was thinking it would restrain me, but it does not.


:)

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde Nicole. Seu trabalho é espetacular. Parabéns pelo lugar maravilhoso onde você cria suas obras de arte.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I love the painting, all that vividness! And your note is so full of truth.

Also, I might spend the whole day fantasizing about break and soft oatmeal cookies.

Hot guys said...

So cool to see the art room 🙂 Got hungry after seeing that bread, mmm 😜

And the cookies 🤎 Btw, my oh my, that wind is strong 👀

Rain said...

Japanese milk bread! OMG I have to try that!!! It looks delicious! I love your artsy space, so much to look at! And I do love your painting, it's lovely. Thanks for saying such nice words about TAD. I used to participate in a similar art date called Scribble Picnic where each week there was a theme. Michael who ran it, stopped doing it years ago, so I picked up from there because I really did enjoy the challenge of a theme. I loved hearing your voice in the wind!!! ♥♥♥ I agree with Debra, love the TAD gang!! ☺

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely and very expressive artwork ~ cleaning your studio and delish looking bread ~ wow! ~ Happy Weekend to you Xo



Living in the moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Divers and Sundry said...

The bread does look tempting :)

Wow! The wind!

Lowcarb team member said...

I think your art room looks great.
I enjoyed seeing your art and watching the video :)

All the best Jan

PS Nice baking too.