Monday, November 15, 2021

Movie Monday

Happy Monday Everyone!
 
I had a very healing weekend and decided to stay off the PC to give my body, mind and spirit fresh energy. We had one day of sunshine and that was what I needed too.
Last week I took advantage of the 7 day free trial of the Paramount channel. I wanted to see the sequel to, "A Quiet Place"  In my opinion there are not many sequels that meet the standards of the first movie. 
"A Quiet Place" is a post apocalyptic story about sightless aliens with acute hearing. Any sound and they attract to kill.  The movie focuses in on a family living on their farm away from everyone. Emily Blunt, the mother is pregnant and married to John Krasinski, they have 3 other children. 
 A deaf daughter, a son who is afraid of everything, and the youngest boy who dies early in the movie by an alien. The story line stays strong in this first 
movie and I really enjoyed it.
 
"A Quiet Place Part II"
Begins on the day of attack and 
shows what the first movie didn't.
Ya know, how it all happened. From there the movie is quite predictable and even though I enjoyed it, (because I like these types of movies) I am glad I didn't have to pay to see it. If you have prime you can get the 7 day free trial of Paramount and check this move out.

The beginning.


Have a great Monday 
 
If you don't think the delta variant or covid 19 can hurt you, 
YOU ARE WRONG! Protect yourself and others. 
Get Vaccinated and Wear a MASK! 

10 comments:

Tom said...

...it does sound like a quiet place to me.

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing, glad you got some rest.

ashok said...

Will try to watch it. Thanks for the review Nicole

Divers and Sundry said...

Somehow this is one I was never tempted by. Not sure why...

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you had a quiet and relaxing weekend. Those films sound ghastly, but main thing is that you enjoyed them! Valerie

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased that you were able to enjoy a relaxing and quiet weekend.
May the new week be a good one for you.

All the best Jan

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Glad you are feeling renewed. I am not a fan of apocalyptic movies, but if it made you happy with the free trial, that is enough for me to appreciate this post, dear.

Iris Flavia said...

Sounds interesting - sadly not available here. Germany... behind a rock!

Granny Annie said...

Love the looks of both part one and part two of A QUIET PLACE. Thanks.

baili said...

i avoid watching the movies with aliens or monsters most of the time but liked the quiet place because of it had impressive formation of characters and intensity of circumstances was managed to show successfully ,for me movie is product of a "director" and he knew how to do it :)
i liked both parts and hope the thrid part will come too .
blessings!