Saturday, November 20, 2021

Saturday Pharmacy

Wishing everyone a happy Saturday 
and hope it is for us.
I might sound upset in the post, but I really am not. This all happened on the 4th of this month and I am going with the flow, but here is what is happening in my town. 

Today, I am praying that we get a pharmacists and Mr. M. and I get our meds. My town is falling apart faster than you can say falling apart. This time round it is our pharmacies. 
There are 4 pharmacies to take care of my town and the surrounding smaller towns.
 Walgreens merged with a huge pharma corporation and then bought out Bi-Mart pharmacies. Then of course, they closed all 56 of them across Oregon, Washington and Idaho. 
In my town a few thousand people had to scramble to one of the 3 pharmacies left.  While this was all going on, Fred Meyer pharmacy had their pharmacists quit! My pharmacy, Rite Aid had one gal quit and go to Fred Meyer and then the head pharmacists quit. WTF???? Sooooo it is a mess here. Fred Meyer is still having trouble, Safeway is trying to take up the slack and the one privately owned pharmacy is swamped too. There is a 10 to 15 day wait to get meds. 
For some reason Rite Aid can't get a pharmacists in. We have one today for one day. I am hoping we can get our meds. If not we will have to drive to North Bend, about 50 miles away and hope we can get them filled there. What a mess.
How are the pharmacies in your town?
 



19 comments:

Debra said...

We use CVS here and so far it's running fine. I have noticed a real difference though in being able to see my doctor and the service I get from the receptionists...They must be overworked-I don't know. It's scary because I'm in the middle of some health issues right now...

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, that sounds like a real mess. Good luck getting your meds today!

ashok said...

Its surprising that this is the situation in US. In my place you can find a pharmacy anywhere and everywhere! Also in my city we have a very efficient door delivery of medicines from pharmacies.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I've not had a problem with pharmacies. Getting a real live person to answer on the phone at the doctors is a different matter.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

No problems at all here.

Giorgio said...

That's really a mess in your country. I Hope local politicians will increase pharmaceutical service soon.

There are more than ten pharmacies in my town (60,000 inhabitants). But we can't get medicines through online shopping. I am sorry to hear there are many infected people in my town who have already got three vaccine doses! ... This means that vaccine doesn't work as it should.

Have a nice weekend!

Tom said...

...pharmacists are in demand!

carol l mckenna said...

In MA ~ Walgreen and CVS are prominent but CVS is going to be closing hundreds of stores within the next 3 years ~ I go to a private pharmacy ~ so far so good ~ Hope you get your meds soon ~ Xo

Living in the moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

My name is Erika. said...

Wow. That is quite the tricky situation. Especially not good because people need their meds. It’s could be life threatening if they can’t get them. I wonder what is going on? Perhaps it is a pay issue because I know pharmacists make a lot of money. Good luck to you Nicole. I hope you could get your meds without any issues today.

Christine said...

I had not heard about a pharmacy problem in the US, hope it resolves soon rather than later.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I don't take medications, but I am sorry to read this is a real problem, Nicole. I hope you got your meds today, dear.

Rita said...

That sounds horrible!

Valerie-Jael said...

I live in a very small town, and we have 3 pharmacies, prescriptions are fulfilled straightaway. If a product isn't there they deliver it to your doorstep within 3 hours. There are also registered pharmacies on line who deliver the next day, the delivery is free of charge if it's a prescribed article. Valerie

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde Nicole. Parabéns pelo seu excelente trabalho e aproveito para desejar um bom início de semana.

Divers and Sundry said...

Yikes! We haven't noticed a problem here. Why are the pharmacists quitting?

Lowcarb team member said...

Not had a problem with pharmacies.
I do hope you have been able to get your medication.

All the best Jan

Granny Annie said...

There is not a pharmacy in our town but two towns north and south of us have many. It is about a 20 mile drive either way.

craftytrog said...

Oh goodness! I hope the pharmacies sort themselves out soon! I would be panicking too. Hope you can get your medications. Fortunately, I can easily get mine ordered, and delivered to my door.
Hugs,
Alison

Jennifer Rose said...

there are 2 in town but we usually drive to the town over (has 3 I think) since they usually have what we need to get