Monday, May 10, 2021

Movie Monday

Greetings!
 
 Good Monday Morning!
I hope all of you had a very nice weekend.
Ours was good.
I thought I shared this movie before. However, in checking my list I have not. It is one of my favorite dystopian future, movies, staring Tim Robbins and Samantha Morton.
  • This movie is a love story set in a Brave New World-type near-future where cities are heavily controlled and only accessible through checkpoints. People cannot travel unless they have "papeles" (papers in Spanish; words and sentences in many languages, especially Spanish, French, and Chinese are mixed with English in this new world), a special travel permit issued by the totalitarian government, the "Sphinx". Outside these cities, the desert has taken over and shanty towns are jammed with non-citizens - people without IDs forced to live primitive lives. William Geld (Tim Robbins) is a family man who works as a government investigator. When he is sent to Shanghai to solve a case of fake IDs, he meets a woman named Maria Gonzales (Samantha Morton). Although he realizes she is behind the forgeries, he cannot help but fall completely in love with her. He hides her crime and they have a wild, passionate affair that can only last as long as his visa: twenty-four hours. Back home, William is obsessed with the memory of Maria. When the original investigation is inevitably re-opened a week later, and William is sent back to finish the work he started, he tracks her down, only to discover she has been accused of a Code 46 violation, and any further relationship is impossible and against the law. In this movie people take "viruses" to enhance or help them do things better. Tim Robbins takes an "empathy virus" to help with his work. It is explained in the movie.
    If you like this type of movie and haven't seen it then take the time. In my opinion it is excellent and I highly recommend it!
    I watched it on HBO demand. You can also see it on Amazon Prime, Hulu.
 
That's it for today.
Make this your best day!
 
Be Safe Out There And Still Wear A Mask!
 
 
Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

10 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Great movie review ~ I like mysteries and so I bought Endeavor ~ a PBS series that is excellent ~ Hope you had a good Mother's Day ~ Xo

Living moment by moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've never heard of this movie -- sounds good though. Tim Robbins movies usually are.

Valerie-Jael said...

This sounds good, thanks for the review. Have a great week, Valerie

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing!

Tom said...

...yet another that I have never heard of.

Rita said...

No luck for me. Prime says it is not available to watch in my location. :(
I'll keep my eyes open. :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've also never heard of this movie. Sadly, I don't have any of those places where it can be viewed. I think it sounds good, though. It reminds me of another dystopian movie I saw a while back.

Hot guys said...

Haven't heard of Code 46 for some strange reason... 😏

Thanks for sharin' the trailer, story & recommending it to all of us, Nicole! 😉

Divers and Sundry said...

I enjoyed this movie. Interesting concepts.

Magic Love Crow said...

This looks good! I've never seen this one! Big Hugs!