Tuesday, February 9, 2021

T stands for New Roof and 29 Faces.

Greetings! 
 
Today is T-day over at Elizabeth and Bleubeard's. So head over to see what all of the T-Gang is doing.
 
For me, my land lord is putting a new roof on my house and new Hardy board on the outer walls. Today the workers will finish up. Yesterday, however, was quite exciting and VERY LOUD. LOL 2 crews from 2 different companies where here working and each guy had his own truck. So, my street looked like I was having a party. The most exciting is when a huge flatbed crane truck pulled into the smallest space in my driveway. This older gentleman operating the truck and crane was AMAZING! Yes, I love machines, and power tools and if you ask me to go shopping I am hoping it's to a hardware store. giggle


 Getting started

 

They have already stripped the top of the wall.

 

Shingles are off


 Clean up was impressive and not a scrap was left.

 

My favorite part. Old man getting to the crane.

 

Maneuvering the teeth to the roofing material.

 


 


 


 


 

 

 

 

 

 

I have lots more photos but this is is for now.  

I also have my day 9 for 29 Faces. I created this from a photo of my great granddaughter.
 
 
Oh I almost forgot here is my drink for T-day. 
Hot water with cottage cheese, avocado and apples.
Makes for a great breakfast.


That's it for me for now. What ever you do today 
Make it the best.

Be Safe Out There And Wear A Mask!
 
Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

21 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

How cool, hope it gets done quickly. Lovely drawing. Anesha x

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, that was a big job! Interesting photos!

Tom said...

...a good roof is the most important part of a house. Hardy board siding is good stuff!

Luiz Gomes said...

Oi Nicole, ainda tem muito trabalho pela frente.

Lisca said...

Oh what excitement! I too love to see machinery and power tools etc. I always go with my husband when he shops for things like that. And it's not just to keep an eye on him (lol).
Your great granddaughter is gorgeous.
And your breakfast looks very nice. You are the second person with hot water. It seems it is good for your first thing in the morning. (I have a friend who swears by it).
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh dear, that looks like a lot of work! Hope it's soon fixed! Wonderful sketch, and your breakfast looks good. Happy T Day, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

Now that is impressive work these men did- how nice to see quality!
Your portrait drawing is wonderful and so sweet.
I could never get into eating cottage cheese no matter what I put with it even though it's good for you. Id rather have plain Greek yogurt;) Happy T day!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

It is a big truck to get on a drive. You have a cute granddaughter.

Eileen Bergen said...

What a show! You're lucky to have such a good landlord. He really hired a professional crew to do the job.

Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

Magic Love Crow said...

That is so cool! Love the roofing photos! Your face is so cute! Avocados, apples and cottage cheese! Yummy! Big Hugs!

Karen said...

A new roof is loud, but it will look terrific when it's complete. It's amazing how they work! Happy sketching and snacking ~ Enjoy your week!

kathyinozarks said...

Hi I enjoyed all the photos-so much excitement! I am always amazed how some can drive in small places like that. enjoy your new roof-now no worries.
have a good week hugs Kathy

Rita said...

Oh wow! Nice to have a good landlord!! Will be fantastic when it is all done with.
Pretty great granddaughter.
I drink a lot of hot water...with coffee in it--LOL!
Have a great day! :)

Christine said...

Great breakfast and a pretty face! Glad you are getting a new roof over your head!

My name is Erika. said...

Your roof looks super so far in your photos. And what an exciting day for certain. Hardware stores are a good place to shop, especially for art bits. I bet it will look great once it is finished. Show photos please! Hope it was a great (or is so far) T day. Hugs-Erika

Hot guys said...

You were serious about wanting that roof to be fixed, after all 🤷‍♂️

I like the drawing of your great granddaughter 🙂 Also, avocados 💚🤍

craftytrog said...

Great sketch of your great grand daughter, and glad you're getting that new roof!
Breakfast looks very tasty!
Alison xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Men Working: always a pretty sight :) especially when it's benefitting where you live ;)

Your breakfast looks delicious, much like the lunches I often have. Yummy! Happy T Day!

Darla said...

Looks like you had some great workers. In and out and got the job done. I will have to look up the rest of your faces, I like this sketch.

CJ Kennedy said...

Amazing to watch craftsmen at work. Lovely portrait. Take care and Happy T Day

pearshapedcrafting said...

I hope that you are now warm and cosy with your new roof on! Your portrait is wonderful! I would happily join you for a breakfast such as this(although I may just prefer a coffee with mine...sshhh!) A very belated Happy T Day, Chrisx