Wednesday, February 10, 2021

29 Faces day 10

 Greetings!
 
Today is day 10 for 29 Faces and this one is right out of my head. However, his face comes to me from a young man I saw on FitStuds. He seems like a gentle soul. 
 
I mentioned that the "barn" that is a very old building that STUFF has been stored in for decades is going to come down. Mr. M. and,my Land lord, Mr. B cleaned it out while the roof was being replaced. The "barn is coming down and sometime this summer a new garage will be built. Yes, we have the very best land lord anyone can ask for. I have pallets and compost and some other garden items on the back side of the barn and if the weather holds I will be moving all of that to the other side of the yard.
My seedlings are coming a long nicely both in the house and outside in the jugs. If my back holds out I should have a good garden again this year.
 
Since this photo was taken a few days ago these seedling had doubled in sized.

This was taken from my living room of the shadow of a worker on my roof. Oh and my Winter Sowing jugs. Each jug has for seedlings in them.  24 jugs.
And since this post is all over the map here is a photo of a wild Turkey.
Last month Mr. M. and I went to Coos Bay and stopped at a park to have lunch. As were getting into our car when this beauty strolled by. I am very connected to wild Turkey and felt like this was a great gift to see her in the city.



That's it for now. I hope all of you have a wonderful day.
 
Be Safe Out There And Wear A Mask
 
 
Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

12 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely face today!

Giorgio said...

I look forward to reading about your garden ... I hope it will be ready soon, Nicole.
Nice picture of that wild turkey!

Have a nice day,

Giorgio

Hot guys said...

I completely agree with you, a gentle soul... and you captured it beautifully, Nicole! 🙂 Maybe even better than the last time 👍🏻 Love the cute turkey! 🖤

Darla said...

Your sketch does convey the gentleness of the man I think. I like that wild turkey. We mostly see them in the fall in our area.

Tom said...

...I will have to wait at least a month until I start my seeds.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

We often hear so much about species in decline, but Wild Turkey is a species that has done well across the continent. Its number have risen dramatically over the past decade or so. Miriam and I saw a flock of about eighty-five the other day.

Rita said...

Yes, does look like a gentle soul.
We have wild turkeys here along the rivers, but they seldom wander further into town. Used to see them all the time when my son and DIL rented near one of the rivers. They collected a couple of turkey feathers for me. :)
Good luck moving your stuff. Glad they are building a garage. :)

Angie's Recipes said...

Such a lovely drawing!
It's too cold to start any seeds now..it's minus 11C here.

Iris Flavia said...

Great drawing - and I love the worker-pic.
Glad you have such a landlord! We left cause ours was nasty (telling Ingo off for parking 30cm over a line (!!!), going through our direct neighbor´s trash, telling her off (I was just coming home and heard it all)).
Now we own, but that ain´t better, noisy neighbors on top... I´d move if we were in for rent.
So: YAY to yours :-)

Cathy Kennedy said...

You do have a nice landlord.:) The turkey you photographed reminds me of one we saw years ago in the Smoky's while standing in the Clingmans Dome parking lot. A turkey walked around unbothered by traffic and people. The park ranger called her Margaret, so apparently she was a friend. I wish we had the property to build a big two car garage. If we did that would help a lot with our storage problems.

Magic Love Crow said...

I love wild turkeys!! Your plants are looking great! I agree, gentle soul for your face! Big Hugs!

Divers and Sundry said...

Your seedlings are a promising sight :) That turkey is a treat to see.