Saturday, February 13, 2021

Saturday Post Bread and Art

 Greetings!
 
I go up at 5AM, to bake bread. Now, most of you  know I have been baking bread since I was a kid, so we are taking 60 + years. In my 20's I sold my homemade bread and pies. In my 30's I baked bread in a cast iron in the ground every other day. I have even baked on an open fire. NEVER have I burned bread. Until today.
I wanted to try Rain's no knead bread. 
 I followed Rain's recipe but was concerned about the temperature for the baking. However, the dough is so different than what I normally work with that I thought it must be OK. No kneading what so ever and after two rises it goes in the fridg. I emailed Rain to see if I had to leave in the fridg 24 hours. she said no, but the longer the fluffier the bread.  So this AM I removed the dough and put it in the pans and then the oven.

 

This is the second rise.

 

Out of the fridg, so big it's pressing the plastic wrap.

 

I made 2 loaves, I should have made one big loaf.

 

Boo hoo hoo. I will tell you the bread is excellent. I will lower the heat next time.
 
On a happier note here is my face for 29 Faces day 13.
I like her.

 Be Safe Out There And Wear A Mask.
 
Nicole/DVArtist
 Honor and integrity in art, in life.
 beadwright.com

14 comments:

craftytrog said...

A beautiful face Nicole! Xx

Tom said...

...baking sounds experimental.

Rain said...

Awwww....so sorry it burned! Though it's still a yummy bread! When I first made this bread, I thought 500 was too high too, but mine has never burned. Could be my oven of course! Your portrait is beautiful!

kathyinozarks said...

Oh I am sorry that your bread got burnt on the outsides. I have allot of bread baking in my years too-I can't eat it any more with the celiac and hubs does not eat much bread either with his diabeties but I can feel your pain to see it get burnt. I always loved making bread
I love your face-this is my favorite so far stay warm Kathy

peppylady (Dora) said...

Love home made bread.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Christine said...

Sorry about the bread! The face is beautiful. Want to try this easy homemade pita bread recipe with me?
My sister just sent the link
https://alexandracooks.com/2020/06/25/easy-homemade-pita-bread-recipe/?fbclid=IwAR3zM7Yieqyr5skQ4Shk9A4xaPhXcyAtdeSfApTCO0E1VQI57uNHFDNZJg4

Rita said...

Lovely face filled with kindness.
Bread--sorry--not so good. I hope you ate the inside, regardless. ;)

Valerie-Jael said...

The bread looks great! Enjoy. Wonderful sketch, too. Happy Valentine's Day, Valerie

Hot guys said...

Lovely drawing of the girl, Nicole! 🙂 Interesting that you've been baking your whole life & even earning $ from it at some point in your life 👍🏻 Anyways, I love bread & I'm sure I'd enjoy yours, too! 😛

Happy Valentine's Day, btw! 💗💗💗

Ella said...

The homemade bread is always the best, even though it sometimes has a slightly burnt crust! Your portrait is beautiful!

Barbara said...

Wonderful bread and portrait! Creativity must come out.

Luiz Gomes said...

bom dia Nicole, ficou lindo e especial parabéns.

Divers and Sundry said...

I checked out the recipe, and it looks like something I might actually be able to make work :) Thanks!

Magic Love Crow said...

Sorry about the burnt bread! It still looks yummy! Love your smiling face! Big Hugs!