Thursday, January 7, 2021

TAD with Rain Facial Expressions

Greetings!
 
I had every intention of showing new art today. I started several pieces......and then yesterday happened. I was drawing and watching/listening to the electrical votes when the VP was rushed out of the room. I was glued to the TV after that.  There are no words to express how much of a disgrace this is. I have my own thoughts on how this went down and how EASY it was for these POS to enter the capital. Then, as darkness came they just all wander off and left. For my blogging friends who live out of the US, please know that this is not how most of us act. These are all followers of the current "thing" that sits in the White House. I have a lot to say about this but I do try to keep my blog clear of political BS. I use FB for that. If you have any questions that you would like to ask me you can email me using the contact on my side bar.  The good news of yesterday is that the 2 Democrats running for the senate WON!!!! 
This is the best news ever!!!
 
Now for the real business of the day. Rain's theme today is facial expression. As I mentioned, I had new art in the making....but old art prevails. LOL
 

 

Molded leather art.

 

I truly love this piece and kept it for myself. Even though, when it was displayed for an art gallery I was offered a pretty penny for it.

 

This is one of my gourd people. Can't see it very well in this photo but there are hands over his ears. The hair is made by placing leather strips into boiling water. I have mentioned this before and will get a tutorial made up for you.

 

Another one of my favorites that I will not sell. I sculpted a face and glued it to a textured, painted canvas.

 

Then molded leather to and around the face. Once dried I airbrushed the leather.

 

Then added

 beads.

 

a few years old

 

One of my favorites.

 

I do draw other things.

 

I know a lot of you will remember this piece. I drew a wold on fabric then did Huichol beading. There are millions of size 11/0 seed beads in this piece.
 

 

I love this girl's face

 

Dark and foreboding.

 

You know I can't show faces without my laughing skulls. The first one is on a wreath

 

This one can hang on the door too. Both live in my art room

 
I had a heck of a time getting to my photos. Google decided that this was not my blog. WTH??? OH and now Google is messing with my text. Siggggggghhhhh.
Anyway, stop by Rain's to see what all of the other artists have created this week.
 
Be Safe Out There And Wear A Mask.


Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.
beadwright.com

21 comments:

Tom said...

...your gourd person reminds me of Lanier Meaders' face jugs.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love those laughing skulls, especially Mr Pink!

Barbara said...

OMG, Nicole, your piece at the top of this post is absolutely AMAZING!I I always love your leather pieces, but honestly, I can see why you won’t sell this one! Your portrait drawings evoke a great deal of emotion, wonderful work. I’m with you re: yesterday’s happenings. I also rejoice in the good news of the day. Now to make the rest of what happened as right as possible, the “thing” calling the shots must go!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful art, so much to enjoy! Sorry GOogle is messing with you! Valerie

Rain said...

Google is messing with EVERYTHING....it's so frustrating. Now that they'll be charging us for Google Photos, I'm sure that charging us to blog isn't far behind...rant...lol. I hate the political crap that's going on in your country Nicole. I'm not into politics at all, but I can't avoid the headlines. Calmer, more peaceful times are ahead...

Your skulls are amazing...your sculpted faces are fabulous...your face drawings capture such emotion, such a great post...great art!!! xxx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

this is real art what you show for Rains topic, great and fantastic!
Oh yes I saw it too and fevered with oh yes the thing has to go at last.
Take good care of yourself, hugs Elke

NatureFootstep said...

nice to see your leather pieces again. I kind of have missed them. My favorite of the faces is the one with pink backgroundcolor. Love his peaceful expression. And the wolfs! Amazing the beading one. Something I would never be able to do.

Re news.. it has been on the news since it started. A disaster. :(

Christine said...

Beautiful art you showed today Nicole! The Capitol Building fiasco was on the front page of the Toronto Star this morning.

My name is Erika. said...

I agree with your comments about yesterday's events. The man needs to go. Loving al your facial expressions. The sculptures are amazing and there are some strong emotions in those sketches.

Tammie Lee said...

Fun that you joined Rain's theme.
Your art, both sculptural and drawings are wonderful and unique. So glad you have your arts to distract you from crazy humanity. we need somethings to keep us in balance and clear headed to make choices for our actions.

craftytrog said...

I love your art Nicole. You are so good at the facial expressions.
We watched the news in horror on Wednesday night. I do feel for you all over the pond, the sensible ones anyway! 20th January can't come soon enough.
Big hugs,
Alison xx

Granny Annie said...

You are so talented. Hope my gourd art can turn out just close to as good as yours.

by EAGHL said...

Love your sketches and your gourd art. You are multi-talented.

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful art. Really like the diversity of your work. Anesha

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My apologies for not leaving a comment sooner. I fell asleep before I could leave one. The days and stress finally got to me. I was so appalled by our president and co-conspirators for what they did to our capital. It was a nightmare, although I was awake.

I really LOVE your faces. I think your leather pieces are sincerely gorgeous, but my favorite might be the wolf that has about a gazillion tiny beads sewn into it. You have truly undone yourself with this one, dear Nicole. I absolutely LOVE everything you shared.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Nicole,

You know how much I love your real-life illustrations. I hope someday I can do work like you but first I need to attempt and then keep practicing like you to perfect this skill set. Have a great weekend, my friend.

Divers and Sundry said...

Yes, a complete disgrace. But hoorah for Georgia! I'd've popped the champagne if I hadn't been seeing the coup attempt :(

I love your sculpted faces!

Iris Flavia said...

"Thing" is a good term indeed.
I am so sick and tired of seeing him and his "followers" on German TV.
Embarrassing he is.
Great art and the skulls! You should see our bedroom, guess you´d love that!

Lowcarb team member said...

Thank you for sharing your art, so good for Rain's theme.
Take care.

All the best Jan

Hot guys said...

Girl, so much art in here! 💜 Silly me thought the first 2 photos had a few colorful leaves in them. 😜 Then I zoomed in. Creepy! 😈 In a good way.

LOVING the last drawing. The girl in it is mysterious and very interesting, thanks to your skills. 👏🏻

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Your art is all about faces so it is no surprise that you were able to come up with multiple "facial feature" pieces. They are all beautifully done and I am impressed with the patience it must have taken to do the seed piece (I clicked to enlarge and could see how intricate it is). As for politics ... it is hard not to boil over when our country is under siege. And even after "the thing" as you call it leaves (he really should be thrown out at this point) we are still saddled with his followers in the Senate and Congress that have lost their minds and souls just to gain what they think is his approval ... more likely the approval(votes) of his followers (who will eventually end up in jail for domestic terrorism). I ask myself daily ... how did we get so lost ... what happened? I pray we are able to find our way back. Hang in there. There are more people with their right minds than not so there is hope :)

Andrea @ From the Sol