Saturday, October 3, 2020

Apples Applea Applea

Hi Everyone!
 
 
The other day I received an email from a person who looks at my blog. This person asked me if I was fat. Seriously!? asked if I was fat because I bake all the time. Wow, does it matter what I look like? In person or on line if you like my writings, my personality, my art, my wickedness, who cares what I look like! I don't take many photos of myself because I just am not photogenic. 
But every once in a while one or two come out OK.
This was taken a year ago. The only difference now is I don't wear glasses.  
 
 
and this photo was taken a few months after the first one. All before covid. 
This is my best friend.
Oh yeah, I am short but I am mighty. LOL
OK, now you know what I look like. Not bad for 68 years young.
And no I do NOT die my hair.

Now on with the baking. LOL

I have been up to my ears in apples. hee hee hee, I am having so much fun. I very much like Apple Butter, but I have not seen it in the stores for decades. Anyway not around here. So I made and canned my own. It is easier than I thought. With the left over apple peels and cores I made and canned apple jelly, and even some apple sauce to go with tonight's dinner.  Ohhh I almost forgot an Apple Butter spice cake. 
NOTE; if I do this again I need to get an apple peeler and corer. LOL




Today I am making something for TAD with rain. I am not doing anything but art today.
What are your plans for the day?

PS. I had a dermatologist appt. yesterday. Hurray, I am 4 years skin cancer free!
 
Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Well, you don't look fat, and if you did? Seriously, some people have problems with themselves if they ask questions like that. Love the thought of all those apples! Happy Weekend, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

First of all, hurrah for 4 years cancer free. That is exciting. And second, who asks if someone is fat? Whether you are thin or solid does not mean you are fat. And short is mighty. I and short myself, and my friends tell me that short doesn't mean I do things in a small way! Happy Saturday!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Make a voodoo doll of that stupid rude person who asked if you are fat!

Rain said...

Hi Nicole :) FAT? Oh my. You look great in the photos and I am sure you are a mighty mighty lady! :) The apple jelly looks yummy! :) Oooh, can't wait to see your scarecrow art!!! :)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

So really how outrageous this is, what has it to do with baking. You are a beautiful woman and your hairdresser looks so good on you. You stayed so young and you are a brave great woman.
Hurray, cancer-free, you've done so much and survived it all. and a true artist in painting and handicrafts and your garden is wonderful. Your apple jelly will taste delicious and the cake, you are such a hard-working one for your dear family.
I tell you that and you read there are many more people who think like me.
I wish you and your family have a nice weekend
Love hug Elke

Divers and Sundry said...

Some people can get caught up in personal appearances. It's what they see, which is sad.

I'm short, too lol always the shortest one in any group. Congratulations on the cancer-free anniversary. My husband is a cancer survivor, so I know something about how that "cancer free" announcement feels :)

Barbara said...

So be sure to show us some of your day’s artistic efforts! Such nice photos, and isn’t it great not needing those glasses?! I so rejoice after cataract surgeries. I had the same thought, so many of my photos are outdated now. Lol.

Christine said...

You look fantastic Nicole. I was just looking at a baked apple recipe I might try eventually. Congrats on 4 years.

Gillena Cox said...

Hi Nicole i am 2 years older than you☺
Happy you dropped by my blog today
Your apple spice cake looks yummy

Much💖love

Sue (this n that) said...

Yes, I too shake my head at the cheek of someone asking that question. There are certainly some strange people out there!
Lovely to see your photo and also to see the results of all that apple-peeling, yum! I remember when my Mum used to make apple jelly... it was a treat too. The cake looks delicious as well.
Cheers now and congratulations on getting that excellent result for skin cancer testing!

craftytrog said...

What a question?! 😂
Lovely to see your beautiful face Nicole, and the apple produce looks good too!
I'm a shortie too, at just 5 feet 😊
Happy Monday,
Alison xx

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

FAT?? LOL Personally I like a lot about you!! Wickedness? I think we share that one! I wear the broach I got from you all year round. I share your love of skellies. I have not been baking because the oven that came with the house is sh**. The remodelers say the kitchen will be done by Christmas. Christmas!?!?! The cabinets are being custom made so I guess that says why it will take so long. My grandson and his wife designed the kitchen layout and I suspect part of the delay will be obtaining the refrigerator which will be huge. Covid delay I suspect. Be well and you look great.
xx, Carol

Lowcarb team member said...

I think you look great, and many congratulations on the skin cancer result.
Take care and happy baking :)

All the best Jan

A Crafty Mix said...

The nerve of some people!!!! You don't look a day older than 40 and your apple butter spice cake looks delicious too.