Wednesday, September 30, 2020

TAD with Rain My favorite Ghouls and Goblins PPF

Hi Everyone!
 

I am excited for TAD with Rain. Her theme is Goblins and Ghouls. 
Ya know my world. LOL
Did you know?
Ghoul, is Arabic ghūl, in popular legend, demonic being believed to inhabit burial grounds and other deserted places. In ancient Arabic folklore, ghūls belonged to a diabolic class of jinn (spirits) and were said to be the offspring of Iblīs, the prince of darkness in Islam
Considered female by the ancients, the ghūl was often confused with the sílā, also female; the sílā, however, was a witch like species of jinn, immutable in shape. A ghūl stalked the desert, often in the guise of an attractive woman, trying to distract travelers, and, when successful, killed and ate them. The sole defense that one had against a ghūl was to strike it dead in one blow; a second blow would only bring it back to life again.
 
Gobblins in the other hand,
 originated in the 14th century and are most prevalent in northwestern Europe, Scandinavia, the British Isles, and the United States. The name “Goblin” is said to derive from the Old French spelling “gobelin 
 Goblins were a race of small and numerous goblinoids common throughout Toril, often living in underground caverns near the surface known as lairs. The race was often, though not always, dominated by other goblinoids, most commonly hobgoblins.
 
Don't know if this is a goblin or a ghoul or maybe a bit of both.
 Possibly bitten by a vampire. (giggle)
 
There is a movie called "Insidious" 
It's one movie that the monster really scares me. 
It is a thrilling feeling to be scared from a movie.
Anyway, the face is this creature is somewhat like this.
 
Did you know? 
According to Brownlowe, there's a good reason why people like watching a horror movie. "The experience of your brain calming itself down after watching a scary movie is actually neuro-chemically very pleasurable," she says. "That's because the dopamine release related to the 'rest-and-digest' brain response causes an increased sense of well-being
 Geesss I should have the most well-being brain on earth. 
I watch at least one scary movie everyday.  
What can I say I am a FREAK!!! LOL
 
Here is the creature from the movie "Insidious."

Come by Rain's blog to see what all the other's have created.
Have a great day and watch a scary movie today.

Nicole/DVArtist
Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

27 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Love Supernatural, went in an abandoned asylum once, get scared of Freddy Krueger and Hubby just bought Stephen King´s Cat´s Eye. Fun... times ahead!

DVArtist said...

I too love scary, supernatural. We have just about every book S.K. has written and the movies too. Cat's Eye is a good one. Ohhh that is so cool about the asylum. I was in Japan one time on Halloween. They don't really celebrate like we do but the hang white ghost like fabric to keep the bad spirits away. Enjoy your day.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

ich mag nichts gruselig hab selbst genug erlebt.
Interessant wie es bei dir so zu geht mit dem Arabic ghūl.
Da sind wirklich gruselige Gestalten was du gemalt hast... schnell weg ... hast du toll gemacht für Rains thema!
Greeting Elke

Cathy Kennedy said...

Nicole,

Your goblins are scary! I like watching zombie, werewolf, and vampire flicks. I don't like slasher time films but the supernatural is kind of fun. That's interesting to know why it is one likes such movies. Great artwork for today's theme, my dear!

Christine said...

I never watched Insidious and never will after seeing these lol. Very evil looking gobllin/ghoul of yours Nicole.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Very informative! And scary!

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde. São assustadores mais ao mesmo tempo impressionantes. O artista está de parabéns pelo desenvolvimento.

NatureFootstep said...

I like the face of the first goblin, it is a nice one.
I am not a fan of scary movies and rarely watch them.

Barbara said...

My genre too, but not in my art as much as yours. Well done!!

Gillena Cox said...

Oh no the scaries i would stay away from.
Luv the woo, wine and dine movies, throw in a little happily ever after and i'm good with that

Thanks for dropping by my blog today Nicole

Much💓love

Hot guys said...

Hey Nicole! 🙂 Sorry to say, but... 😏 That first one is hella ugly! Yeah, that was a compliment. Creepy, scary and kinda ugly. Love it, haha! 😜

And the other one is great, as well. 👏🏻 Haven't watched that movie. I'm probably the only one, lol.

sirkkis said...

You really scared me ;) Well done, Nicole.
Happy PPF and October xx

Linda Kunsman said...

oooh what spooky characters you have created-very cool! fascinating reads on the creatures and their names too. Happy PPF!

Clare Lloyd said...

Oh scary characters...but great art

Divers and Sundry said...

You are speaking my language :) It's interesting to see how the jinn and other creatures are portrayed in film.

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for dropping by my blig today Nicole
Happy PPF

Much💓love

Maria Medeiros said...

oh so spooky and wonderful! :) Have a lovely weekend!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

My favourite is the first one, lovely details.

craftytrog said...

I'm not a horror fan, but I love your scary ghouls, especially the first one!
Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my watercolour portrait, I feel very encouraged by it 💙
Hugs,
Alison xx

carol l mckenna said...

Awesome artwork of the ghouls !

Live each moment with love,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Rain said...

Hi Nicole! :) I love your goblin! Although if he got bit by a vampire, I'd say good luck to the vampire, I don't know that goblin blood is very healthy ;) Oh I haven't seen Insidious yet, but I have it downloaded! I'm going to watch it this month. October is scary movie month for me...well, MORE SO than the other months lol! And knowing it's like a drug, well, I'm a freak too lol! Great post! :) You'll enjoy the next 4 themes too, they are all related to spooky and creepy! :)

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Very scary! (I may recover) And so well done!
I love the first scary ghoul.

BLOGitse said...

Eeeeek! This post is not for me! I can't watch horror movies at all. Too much for me. :) Maybe my brain well-being is not very good! hahahah
But I can listen and watch crime stories :)

Ira said...

Not a fan of this genre but the scary ones fit perfect to the characters especially the first one. Great Work!!

Kokopelli said...

Some of your art scares me to death! *LOL* I missed TAD this week, but will try next week. I love scarecrows, especially the colorful ones!

Lowcarb team member said...

Very scary art, perfect for Rain's theme.

All the best Jan

Divers and Sundry said...

Yes, I thought I remembered this post :) I wish I could post films when I watch them like I do on FB, but there are so many... I end up scheduling them months in advance on the blog lol