Sunday, September 13, 2020

Need blogging help

Hi Everyone!
 
Good Sunday Morning. I am feeling much better today. Some days one just needs to energize the body, mind and spirit. 
I have a blogger question. Years ago when someone followed you on blogger you could click on that little avatar and see who it is following you. Then blogger did away with that follow link but never got rid of it. Over the years to today if someone follows you and you click on the avatar it does not bring up the person following you. It brings up a list of who that person is following. REALLY?  Soooooo dose anyone know how to get the blog URL of the person who is following you. They are not in my readers list. 
 Please my guru blogger people help.
 
My world 
 
The sun yesterday
 
It was like this all day yesterday. The smoke holding the fog to the ground
 
Out my front window
 
Out my front window other direction.

 Around 4PM the fog finally lifted and all that was left was smoke
 
Smoke on the Oregon Dunes

My garden has gone into survival mode. My friends Donna and Guy, told me this would happen with all the bad air and everything else. Well they were right. The plants I thought were done for the year are now bursting with flowers and veggies. One squash plant has 8 new squashes, my last cucumber plant, one that I was going to be done with now has 5 new cucs on it. The round zucchini plants are bursting with treasures and the vines have taken off in every direction. The best thing is that I now have cauliflower and the broccoli is blooming like crazy. It is an amazing feat what plants can do.
When I started to grow things my friend, Kris, told me that plants WANT to grow. It is so true
 
One of my broccoli plants. I never knew the leaves are like velvet
 
Cauliflower small but growing.
I am very thankful.
Wishing all of you a great Sunday.
 
Nicole/DVArtist Honor and i
ntegrity in art, in life.
 beadwright.com

11 comments:

Debra said...

You do have a green thumb!
I pray the fires will be gone and done with soon. Please be safe.
Would love to see pics of your gourd work, and your mom's too.

LA Paylor said...

new blogger, not improved. the stats page is awful too... it goes back to paragraph with each new sentence... and on. Smoke... it was like that here in Colorado for weeks, then we had the freak snow last week dumping feet on the mountains, we all hoped that would put out the fire but they are still smoldering. my plants have not done well... having a lot of trouble with the extreme heat and smoke here. sad...but glad to see you and hear about your life! LeeAnna

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Re your blogging question, I have been wondering the same thing. Glad to see your plants blooming.

Barbara said...

Sorry, I don’t know the answer to your blogger question. I’d like to follow my followers too, but don’t know how to do that unless they comment, which provides a connection to them. Does that make sense? I don’t even have a list of my followers on my page, so don’t quote me. Lol. I’m going to check this out.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I have found that the only way to get to the blogs of new people who follow me is if they leave me a comment -- then I can access their profile with that info. If they just "follow" on the gadget, I have the same issue you do -- no link to their blog. Just another reason why COMMENTS ARE IMPORTANT, lol!

Gillena Cox said...

Oh you of the blessed green thumb. So happy to hear your gardening feats. Happy Sunday Nicole. Thanks for dropping by my sumie Sundsy today

Much💛love

My name is Erika. said...

That is fascinating about your plants and their resurgence. I hope they give you some energizing and some yummy produce too.

craftytrog said...

Lovely looking veggies in spite of everything!
I wasn't aware about what you said about new followers Nicole. I can't help, sorry.
Alison xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I've never used a follow gadget but instead subscribe to the blogs I read in my news reader - inoreader .com . New posts show up there, and I can see all the sites I follow in one place. I wish I could help and hope you find an answer.

All the smoke and reports of the air quality -shocking! I'm glad your plants are doing so well.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Nicole,

The wildfires around scary. I remember in 2016 when the Smoky's experienced the disaster of fires set accidentally. The loss of property and lives was heartbreaking. We're about 35 or so miles from the park entrance and I recall being able to smell the smoke. I can't remember how it affected the sky, if there was much smoke visible or not. That's one of the disadvantages of being at home all day. Things beyond my walls go unnoticed.

Do you mind if I offer a suggestion on your blog? I see that you have generally one post per page view but if someone is looking for a specific post then one has to scroll through the pages. You may want to add in your side menu a list of your current posts or even a calendar view of posts. This saves time for visitors and may prompt those pushed to stay longer. Now, don't worry if this isn't for you. I won't be offended in the least. I thought I'd throw it out to ya for consideration. Gotta jet. I'm behind on my visits. Stay safe and be well, dearie!

Arun Goyal said...

Thanks for linking up with Garden Affair.