Saturday, September 12, 2020

I can't take anymore sadness

Hi Everyone!
 
I just can't take anymore sadness, devastation, loss and heartbreak.  CA. OR. and WA. now have the worst air quality in the world and when the winds change all of this will go east. 
So, today I turned on some dancing music, finished and mailed off my commission, and baked some Red Lobster style biscuits that we will have with tonight's dinner. This also warmed up my house. The potatoes I harvested a week or so ago are ready to eat. I took two of the potatoes and OMGosh they are not only purple on the outside but the inside too. I fried them up and gave them to Mr. M. for a snack. They are so good. I also picked my first green bell pepper off the vine. I am making stuffed Cremini mushrooms and part of that pepper will go into the mix along with fresh picked onions and celery.
Now for the biscuits, if you like them you have to try these. 
They are just like the one's at Red Lobster.
Preheat oven to 400°F I think it is about 205°C  Butter or spray a cookie sheet and set aside.  In a bowl add 1/2 cut grated cheese, 2C flour, 1T baking powder, 1t salt, 1/2t garlic powder and mix. In another bowl mix together 1 large egg, 2/3 C milk, 1/3 C butter.  Once this is mixed add to the flour bowl and combind. Do not over mix. Drop by T onto the cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. While those are baking melt 2 or 3T of butter, add a bit of garlic, Italian seasoning or what ever you like. After the 10 minutes remove the biscuits and brush the melted butter over the tops then bake for 5 more minutes. They are sooooo good. 
 Now I am off to make the meat stuffing for out mushrooms.
What are you doing today. Leave me a comment to tell me about it. 
 
Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life. 
beadwright.com

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Please stay in touch, at least here, so we know you are ok. The Biscuits look awesome! I may want to try those.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm always looking for good, no knead biscuit recipes -- I'll give this one a try the next time I'm craving biscuits!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your food looks good. Stay safe, Valerie

Debra said...

I have made the boxed version, but I won't do that now-your recipe is much healthier I'm sure-and same ingredients without all the bad additives. I wish all the best for you...

Divers and Sundry said...

My heart breaks for folks out there :( It's scary! I'm glad you could find some comfort. All the food sounds good, and that last recipe has me checking my food supplies against my grocery list :)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I have been thinking about a pot roast. But I need to wait until we go to the store because I need baby carrots. I'm going to make those biscuits to go along with it. While the oven is hot I think I'll make cranberry orange muffins too!
xx, Carol

Christine said...

I will try these biscuits, thanks Nicole! So very sorry about these fires and the terrible air quality. You could use some of the rain Florida is getting from what I hear.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, those biscuits look SO good. Hope all STAYS well there.