Sunday, August 16, 2020

Sunday post

Hi Everyone!

We had 2 excellent hot sunny days here. Yesterday got up to 94° in the shade on my thermometer, and oh no wind. This morning it is much cooler and we have wind. The heat felt soooo good. 
I have been working on cabochons the last few days. I have created 72 in all and have some already listed on my site. beadwright.com. It's a process of painting on glass. Then, the glass goes under heat to set the paint. Then, a painted backing and more heat. Then, a sealant and more heat. Then, they all have to be cleaned. I am in the cleaning process. The next step are the photos. The glass is domed so reflections are Everywhere. 
That part is trying for me. 
For now here they are.
You can see more at beadwright.com









Have a nice Sunday and be safe.
 
Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

They all look fantastic Nicole. Enjoy your day.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Beautiful!

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde. Parabéns tudo muito lindo e colorido.

My name is Erika. said...

Those are cool. And thanks for explaining how they're made. I don't know anything about working with glass.

Barbara said...

I love these! I’m partial to anything made of glass in these days of plastic everywhere.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

They all look wonderful, Nicole !!!

Kokopelli said...

Glad you got some hot days! Wow, you were really busy with all the cab making. So beautiful!

Debra said...

Absolutely lovely-it was fun to view your site. You are so multi-talented!