Tuesday, August 18, 2020

T for Tuesday is hot and lovin' it


Hi Everyone!

I sure hope I am not late for T for Tuesday with Bluebeard and Elizabeth  
Today has been 2 steps forward and 4 steps back. Geeesssss. The one saving grace is that we are actually finally having a summer. It is sunny, hot and very little wind. Mr. M. was commenting on how much of a tan I have this year. Hey, I'm Italian I can tan in a day. 
Right now I am very dark. Lovin' it!
I mentioned that I am working against the tide here. Ha ha no pun intended (for those of you who don't know I live on the beach.) I got up late with a headache, got rid of that, then started in on PC duties, started filling out orders to find I am out of black ink. eeerrrrgggg. I actually had to get dressed, done my mask, shield and gloves and head over to Bi-Mart. Thank goodness there were not many people there. I got 2 inks and headed home. Got my orders out, and it was way past garden time. Did some pruning, and ohhhh some nice string beans and squash picked today. I will tell you that here in Florence, squash, any type, loves it. Just when I think a plant is done it grows 5 more. Good think I like squash and I have shared it all with my  friend over the bridge. That is only part of why I am so late for the T party. What am I drinking this afternoon? Not tea... no it is beer thirty and it is ice cold. Last night Mr. M. got an apple mega spice cake with bit of caramel sauce. I took a small bit and it is OMG good.


 I also wanted to show you the peanut plant flower. I have never seen them before and well here it is. 


 I hope you are not gardened out but I started some garlic and planted it in the ground yesterday.





I know it needs cold. So for 3 weeks I put it in a baggie of dirt and into the freezer. Then 1 week in the fridg. A very little amount of water is needed for it to root and that process happens very quickly. 
We will see what happens. 

Have a great day and be safe out there.


 
Nicole/DVArtist
 Honor and integrity in art, in life.

17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

That cake looks good! Enjoy your hot weather, I'm looking forward to some colder weather...Happ T Day, Valerie

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde parabéns pela ótima publicação.

kathyinozarks said...

glad you are getting summer, I had a cousin that would tan in a day and the rest of us cousins were burnt to crisp-ouch I got sun poisoning one day.
glad you are getting things from your garden-interesting about the garlic-let us know how it grows I may try that as I always forget to plant them in the winter time.
Happy T Kathy

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my, that apple spice cake with caramel sauce looks delicious! I'd love to join you for a cold beer too 😁. Take care and Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Eileen Bergen said...

My life has been 2 steps forward and 4 steps back too lately, Nicole. I guess many of us can say that. I'm so tired of the uncomfortable masks. But I'll keep wearing mine as long as necessary and go out as little as possible. I'm glad you got your orders out - even though a little late. I wish you could send some of your squash my way. I live in Mexico - ha-ha. It's wine-thirty here.

Happy T-Day! Eileen

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Have fun with your hot weather, dear. I hate hot weather and look forward to cooler times soon. I don't drink much beer, maybe once every two years, but when I do, I want a stout. Yours looks cold, at least (grin).

That cake looks fabulous. Did you make it? I love any spice cake, so this has my mouth watering.

Sorry to read you were out of printer ink. I can relate to not wanting to go out, regardless, but I guess sometimes it's necessary.

Cute peanut bloom. I didn't realize peanuts were grown like that. I hope you get the garlic to grow well, too. Thanks for sharing your cake, your veggies, and your beer with us for T this Tuesday, dear Nicole.

Mae Travels said...

Beer seems like a very good beverage to average out all the herbal teas on the blog event!

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Wonderful post ~ Enjoy the gardening and the crafting and the week ahead!

My name is Erika. said...

I wish we had better summer grow weather. It was hot enough but way to dry.I did enjoy reading about your garden. And nice to live at the beach. Hope it was a super T day. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

mmmm, that cake sounds delicious. Maybe with a bit of ice cream or whipped cream? The peanut flowers look so pretty. I've never seen a peanut plant before. I don't even know if it would grow up here though we've had very little rain so lots of plants are having problems. Take care and Happy T Day.

Linda Kunsman said...

My hubby loves a very cold beer after a day in the hot sun doing yardwork- and he'd love a piece of that cake as well:) Sounds like you are having a fantastic garden year! Wish I could say the same for us...
Thanks for sharing the peanut plant too. happy T day a bit late!

Barbara said...

Mmmmm...that cake looks wonderful! I’ve never seen a peanut flower either. Are you sure it’s not a Cheetos flower?

Divers and Sundry said...

You've been busy! Living on a beach sounds delightful. That spice cake looks tasty :) It's hot here (Memphis, TN) but not as hot as one might expect for the time of year. The high today was only 83 F.

Lisca said...

Have you had cooler weather? You live in Florence you say? Gosh, you should be hot, hot, hot! My son lives in Abbruzzo and they have been very hot as far as i can tell.
I love the little peanut plant flowers. Like you I had never seen them. Very pretty.
That apple spice cake looks very yummy indeed. (Bang goes the diet!)
Lucky you, living by the sea. Enjoy the rest of the summer.
I'm sorry I'm late in commenting. My laptop has decided it does no longer wants to use Chrome or Internet Explorer and I have not been able to comment. I have an iPhone but I've tried commenting before and most comments don't arrive. So I am looking for someone to do me a blog on Wordpress (the free version). If you know of anyone who could do that for me and is reasonably priced, please let me know. I have tried myself but I have not succeeded.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Sounds like you're a green thumb. I love squash. That cake looks and sounds delicious. Happy Belated T-Day!

Sharon Madson said...

Oh, I am up late, and that spice cake with caramel sauce really looks good!
Happy Belated T Day!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! I don't know why but I never thought of peanut flowers before, they're beautiful! It sounds as though you are having a good harvest of home grown veggies! Belated T Day Wishes, Chrisx