Thursday, August 13, 2020

Paint Party Friday 8/14

 Hi Everyone!

It's Paint Party Friday. This is where some of the best artists meet to share their art. Big thanks to Eva and Kristen for hosting.
Like many of you life seems busier staying at home than when I had many things to do outside of the house. I truly love it! I don't mind staying in the comfort of my home. Mr. M. and I give each other plenty 
of space so we are good together here. 
Today Mr. M. and I got the acetylene takes out to cut some rebar. With that and some mesh we made a wind break for my pepper plants. The wind was just blasting them. Now they still get plenty of sun and no wind. I will take photos tomorrow of it. The next two days we are under a fire warning and the temps here in Florence will be 80° tomorrow and 88° the next day. That is unheard of for around here. The winds will be high with that heat, so that is why the fire warning. Inland will be worse.

I worked on this painting today for fun
of course black n white and shades in between
Still need to do some detail work.

The last 2 days I made some new cabs for my website. These are glass painted with acrylics, enamels and water colors. I like the effects of these.
Click on the photo to see a larger view.



Have  a great weekend, be safe, and do something nice for yourself.

Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful black and white art and lovely cabs. Glad you are protecting your peppers. Happy PPF, Valerie

Barbara said...

Your cabs are lovely! Where is your website offering them? Now, about your painting, it’s more than genius! I love it. I see it as landscape, but others may see different things. Simply beautiful in black and white.

Debra said...

LOVE the black and white painting! And the beads-cabs-they are gorgeous. I must visit your website.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Love your new B&W painting and all those colourful cabs!

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful painting and love those cabs.

sirkkis said...

Beautiful art, love the cabs.
Happy PPF and weekend xx

Christine said...

Lovely art and craft as always Nicole. I like staying home too!

Kokopelli said...

I enjoy reading about your garden and the veggies you grow! Your cabs are gorgeous! Happy PPF! Enjoy your weekend, my friend!

Linda Kunsman said...

Love the painting- so atmospheric and moody. Your cabs are all gorgeous!
I hope the fire warning is just that and that there are no dangerous fires. Happy PPF!

NatureFootstep said...

we have had hot days like that several times this summer. Not fun at all :(
Love your painting. Will be great when you are done with it. The cabs are colorful and gorgeous.

Clare Lloyd said...

Love your black and white art

Lisabella Russo said...

I love your black and white art and those cabs are gorgeous!

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely BW painting and beautiful cabs ~ glad your pepper plants are protected ~ ^_^

Live each moment with love,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Gillena Cox said...

They are each one a work of beauty. Happy PPF

Much👩‍🎨love

LA Paylor said...

oh the cabs... now I have to go look at your beads... LeeAnna

Words and Pictures said...

Your painting is already amazing - the power and strength of the rocky places and then those delicate wild grasses blowing in the wind. The cabochons are really pretty. Happy PPF!
Alison x

craftytrog said...

Beautiful cabachons and a fabulous painting Nicole!
Have a good weekend.
Alison xx

Ira said...

Sometimes the black and white turns out more appealing and beautiful... lovely painting and the cabs too.

Rain said...

Hi Nicole :) I'm just like you, I truly love being at home, same with me and Alex, we give each other lots of space and it works! :) I love that painting, I'm a fan of all of your black and whites. The foreground of the painting is so nice, really looks like a rock formation or a sandy cliff, really cool! Your cabs are so pretty. Oh congrats on keeping your peppers out of the wind! :)

Hot guys said...

Hey there Nicole, really love the first painting... 🙂 So dark & mysterious, wow! 🖤