Sunday, August 2, 2020

Rain

Hi Everyone!

I hope your Sunday is a good one. I am resting today. 
Not going to do much at all.
It rained last night and early this AM it was still sprinkling. I know I should bake some bread while it is cool but I just don't have the gumption today. 
I did want to share that I now preserve food. I actually made sweet pickles yesterday. I only have an 8 quart pot so these are small jars. I called  the two places in my town that would have a larger pot and neither of them did.  So I ordered a 20 quart canning pot form Home Depot. It was actually less expensive than Amazon, howeeeeeeever it is going to take 12 days to get to me and with the "thing" in the white house's new post master general it may take even longer. 
Anyway it is ordered.
After making these pickles I found another youtube with a different recipe and way to make them that I like better. So at my next harvest I will use that recipe. Rain left a comment letting me know that canning is addictive. Ohhh she is so right. I am looking up recipes to cann EVERYTHING! LOL So here are my pickles. I sure hope they taste good. Ohh Mr. M. ate almost a whole jar of jam on his pancakes. LOL 
I don't know how he can do that and stay so thin. 

Have a nice Sunday.



Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

4 comments:

Luiz Gomes said...

Good night. Thanks for the visit. I'm happy to follow you and put your blog on my favorites list.

Lowcarb team member said...

The pickles look good :)
Hope your new 20 quart canning pot arrives safely.

All the best Jan

Crafting Queen said...

These look so good. I want to try and so some but not had the courage as yet.

My name is Erika. said...

The pickles look yummy. I don't think I'll get any cucumbers this year which is a bummer as I love to make pickles.