Saturday, August 1, 2020

20 minute warm up

Hi Everyone!

I got up at 4:30AM just couldn't sleep any longer. I was going to make bread but I just didn't feel like it.  I did a 20 minute draw instead and then went out to meet the day. 


This is my third batch of lettuce and first cabbage. These were tiny yesterday and this AM woke up to these joy.
 And from the garden more cucks and a double squash. 
The larger part of the squash had stopped growing 
so I thought I should harvest it. Especially
since there are two more growing under this one.

Also a note. A few weeks ago I received a package from China.
On the front it read, 'earrings" I sanitized it and then opened it. It was a small package of seed beads. I threw it away. Today on the radio it is anounced that China is sending unsolicited packages of seeds to grow. 
Don't! you are asked to contact your local dept of agriculture. I posted it on FB and some of my friends, especially from Canada wrote that they too have been receiving items from China. On gal got a shirt, another a mask. They threw them out as well.  So be beware!
 
Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

6 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

Your twenty min. sketch is amazing. It would take me much longer to do that!
Yay, garden food!
As far as your mail, that is the first i have heard of that. Thank you for the info!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

From what I understand, you are NOT supposed to throw the seeds away. Either give them to your local Ag dept as you pointed out, smash them, or burn them, but don't compost or throw them in the trash. Lisca (from our T Tuesday group) got a ring.

You have a gorgeous 20 minute drawing. You created a beautiful lady.

You are getting some wonderful crops from your garden. I remember when my grandmother made some easy way to can cukes. She placed slices and onions in vinegar. I never canned anything like that, so I don't really know the recipe she used or if she had to heat the vinegar or what. I know the cukes and onions didn't get cooked, though.

I bet you sleep well tonight (grin). Have a great, productive day, dear.

Debra said...

Your drawing is so good. That garden of yours is amazing! I've got to give you a link to a YouTube channel I subscribe to-this gardener lives in California I think, but she has a huge garden-all of it in containers. She also did a vid about those weird packages from China. I haven't gotten one yet. Hope your weather is wonderful. God bless...

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The media here says that people who receive such unsolicited packages from China should double-check their credit cards and such like in case of fraud.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A charming drawing of a girl!
So great harvest and everything grows and thrives with you, great!
It's a good thing you didn't use them out of the package!
Greetings Elke

Lowcarb team member said...

That's a very nice drawing.
Your garden produce looks good.

Not heard about these packages from China!

All the best Jan