Thursday, August 13, 2020

TAD Swipe with Rain

Hi Everyone!

Today over at Rain's Thursday Art Date the theme is "Swipe" I thought about this, when I was a kid the word "swipe" was used for when someone stole something. In my family of 6 kids this was a big one. Swiping something was the worse thing we could do. Hey, we were Catholic and the guilt of doing something wrong especially stealing, well we for sure were going to purgatory.  (Note, I am no longer affiliated to any organized church.) I found this photo on line, but this little girl looks so much like me when I was that age I had to show it. Hmmmm swiping cookies. 

As language changes, almost daily, the word swipe 
has so many different meanings now. 


We now "swipe" our phones
 and our financial cards

Ohh and there is a beer named Swipe

We use the word, "Swipe" to get rid to eliminate 
something, like this

There are many other "new" uses for the word swipe, 
In art it is clear to me.






I could actually go on with this word but 
I really have to get outside to my garden
and gently swipe away some flowers for a center piece.



Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice ideas Nicole! We used to enjoy swiping cookies as kids, naughty but nice! Valerie

Kokopelli said...

Love your approach to swipe! Those flowers look fantastic. Beautiful sunny colors. Have nice day, my friend!

Christine said...

I think you covered it all, thanks for sharing the fun Nicole!

Gillena Cox said...

Luv the brush swipe. Luv beer but i have never had a swipe

Happy Thursday

Much👩‍🎨love

NatureFootstep said...

wow, you found sooo many ways of using the word Swipe. There will probably ve more as times go by, or is it swiping away :)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

You explained that really well with the word, great photos are also included!
I wish you a nice weekend!
Greetings Elke

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Boy, you are so right. The English Language is notorious for multiple meanings. That is one reason it is a hard language to learn. But, that said, you conjured up some swipes I hadn't even thought about :) And I know a good Catholic child wouldn't swipe a cookie ... would she? Great post Nicole ... be well and stay safe :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

Rain said...

Hi Nicole! :) I love how you made your post today! It's so true that the word swipe has so many definitions! I still swipe cookies lol...and your flowers are so pretty! Great post! :)

Hot guys said...

Well that was quite somethin'! 😃 Interesting mix.