Sunday, July 12, 2020

Slow Easy Sunday

Hi Everyone!

Hope your day is going well. It is slow and easy for me today. I just don't feel like doing anything. I was walking the perimeter of my yard while I spoke with my daughter on the phone. It's a good way to get some exercise. Anyway, my eye caught a glimpse of something on the ground. I took a look and ohhhh here is what I found. It was dead already. 
 Kind of pretty.
It is about an inch long. I don't think I have ever seen a live beetle here. 



I never thought I would be a gardener, especially adding flowers too. 
I am finding I love all the color.
 Here are just a few.

Mr. M holding the flowers up to one of my potato plants

 The is the other potato plant blossom.

I have Marigolds in yellows to oranges.




This is a squash blossom. 
Have a really wonderful day today.
 
Nicole/DVArtist
 Honor and integrity in art, in life.

6 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful flowers.

Barbara said...

The beetle looks like he has painted stripes. So interesting! So glad you are enjoying the outdoors. It’s so hot and humid here that I can’t stand being out in our yard. This too shall pass, everything does. ☺️

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Really interesting dead beetle. But the flowers from your veggie garden are the stars today.

Like Barbara, it's too hot here to be outside for more than a very few minutes. Long enough to water my plants, then rush back under the AC for me.

Iris Flavia said...

The flowers are more to my liking ;-)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Apparently squash flowers can be fried and eaten. Saw it on TV once.

Lowcarb team member said...

Those flowers are lovely, thanks for the photographs.

All the best Jan