Saturday, June 6, 2020

Rainy Stormy Saturday

Hi Everyone!

I have lived here in Florence for 13 years and I have never been able to get use to the weather here. For me it is dispiriting. People ask why don't we move? In the beginning we were here to take care of my mom and grandmother. After their passings, Mr. M. had some relapses and then time just went by and we are still here.  I don't want you to get me wrong, we have the very best landlord. He is more a brother than just a friend. I have very good friends in this town and we are quite settled here. It is just there is sooooooooo much water that surrounds me, at times it feels like drowning. I am a Taurus, an earth spirit. The ocean to the left of me the river to the right of me and the rain that seems to never stop on top of me. I long for the mountains, for the desert, for a place that I can feel the warmth of the sun on my face. In my mind I live in this place and then I open my eyes to this.

This is out my back door. It is suppose to rain for the next week. 

This is out my front window

 OK, I am not completely ungrateful for all that I have. I know how fortunate I am. With all that is going on in our country and my biggest compliant is the rain and weather, well it seems pretty stupid.
 I think I will go bake something.

Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's gloomy and rainy here today too. Tomorrow will be more of the same. I feel your pain.

craftytrog said...

I can sympathise. Happy baking! xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry, I know too much rain can be depressing. It's a wild, wet and stormy weekend here but I enjoyed my rainy walks, and we badly need rain. Have a nice weekend in spite of it all!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I remember when I went to Seattle, I was told it would rain every day. I was there for five days and it never rained once. Just as I was leaving town, it started to sprinkle. I can't begin to imagine how you feel, but there have been spurts here where it rained for days on end, too. At least YOU have an outlet: baking. Have a dry and stress free Sunday, dear Nicole.

Rain said...

Hi Nicole :) I totally empathize with you. Where we used to live in Quebec, it was rainy a LOT of the time and extremely humid. I'm a water sign and even I got sick of all that rain coming down! We are in a drier climate here and I'm grateful for it. I need to feel the sun on my face daily to feel well, though I still love being near water. I hope you did some yummy baking to keep your mind off the water!!!