Sunday, June 7, 2020

Painting the Clouds

Hi Everyone!

I switched over to the new blogger format. Not a problem for me, however, I wish blogger would allow us to report spammers for the comments. If anyone knows how please let me know. Google has no answers for me.
Yesterday I decided I would make the most of all this rain. I put moving totes out and now have 3 totes of water. Yeah it rains that much. I also made homemade burger buns and sloppy Joes. Not a normal dinner for us but the oven and stove top warmed up the house. Then I spent the rest of the day in my art room. Most of you know I am practicing how to do better with clouds. I have lots and lots of photos of clouds. I found one that seemed easy and went for it. I like how the sky turned out. I knew I didn't want to paint what was in the foreground of the photo so I played.

This is the first one. Oh, this is a 24x18" gallery canvas that was previously used.
It's OK but I didn't like it.

The second attempt I didn't like the pathway.

This third one I like. It very much reminds me of a place I use to bow hunt in N. ID.
Pines with a meadow of low bush. Perfect for Grouses hunting.
Also I like the way the clouds are.

Nicole/DVArtist
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

7 comments:

craftytrog said...

Wonderful moody skies! They all look good to me Nicole. xx

Tammie Lee said...

Interesting to see all three of them. The last one is my favorite too. Quite inviting.

Spammers: deleting the comments, kind of seems to notify them of the spammers.
If you are signed into your blog and see the word design in the top right corner, click on that. It will take you to a page and look for the work comments, click on that. You will see a list of comments, next to each one are three choices. Click on the "!" that reports them as spam. Then you can delete it. Hope that helps. (at least that is how I do it on my blog).

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely clouds, they get better and better. Have a good, new week, Valerie

Hot guys said...

I haven't switched to the new Blogger, will wait until it changes by default. 🤷‍♂️ About raining... You know what they say, "when life gives you lemons...". 😉 Love the paintings! All 3 of them but, I find the 2nd version the prettiest and most special to me. 🖤🤍🖤🤍

Barbara said...

I love each one! I’m trying to figure out if these are three separate paintings. The sky looks the same in all three. Then did you use the same sky and paint over the foreground?? It’s not clear to me. At any rate, I also love the last photo themost!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I actually like all the clouds, Nicole. They are fabulous. Glad you like the new blogger. It's not for me.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Nicole these are fantastic, I love all three, the first for it's rolling clouds that take over the sky and the second for the slight sepia tone in the far left hand corner. The meadow definitely makes the final piece very gentle. All unique in their own right and each fabulous... I love the idea of the house being warmed by the oven, reminds me of Christmas day. Hugs Tracey xx