Thursday, June 4, 2020

Paint Party Friday June 5

Hi Everyone!

I hope your week has been a good one and all of you are safe. This AM I worked in my garden then had to come in because of the @%^&#$% wind. (You can use your imagination of what my potty mouth just said. LOL) The wind is relentless here. 
Anyway, I went to my art room to float away in some kind of abstractness. This is what I painted. When I was done I thought that this is my abstract forest.


 I created this piece for Rains TAD. The prompt is "Your Dream" You can see the post here

 I also wanted to share some photos of my garden. I am so happy with it.
In Florence most yards go dormant in summer. The soil is sand and it would cost a fortune to keep it watered. That is the main reason for the garden in containers. Bad sand soil. 
These are in my yard. I have more more more on my deck.

These are all companion plants growing healthy.

I already have squash blossoms.

Potatoes growing in a canvas bag. 

This is a large bowl of lettuce and baby spinach from my garden.  The lettuce is full of flavor.

It is a wonder anything grows with the wind we have here. Every day I have to cover all my plants to protect them from this. 



I am linking up with Paint Party Friday and the lovely Eva and Kristen who host every week.

Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

18 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

Its June so the start of the Wet Season here🇹🇹 and with it there are some tropical storm warnings and sometimes tropical storms
We should experience sone turbulence tomorrow so says the Met Office

I suppose mother nature must be saying all ing a days work

Thanks for dropping by my blog today

Much🌺love

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece, happy PPF, have a great weekend, Valerie

Crafting Queen said...

Love both your paintings. Your plants are looking great! You get a lot of wind, we do in winter. Enjoy your weekend.

Iris Flavia said...

Your wind-description sure is creative :-)
As is your art!
OK, out now to plant peppermint and stuff. Let´s see how that goes...

Elkes Lebensglück said...

These are two very nice abstract pictures I like the colors. Nice what they have bred and can already eat. The wind is strong whistling around the houses!
All the best and take care of yourself in the weather!
Greetings Elke

Gillena Cox said...

Happy PPF Nicole

much love...

Barbara said...

Your abstract work is fabulous! I also see forest, and a ton of other things! 😄

sirkkis said...

Wonderful abstracts. Thanks for sharing your growing garden photos, Nicole.
Happy weekend, stay safe xx

Jean said...

Love your works! The abstract forest is wonderful! Have a great weekend.

Linda Kunsman said...

Love both your abstract forest and the dream one too! Good that you can still grow flowers and veggies albeit in containers...and that wind - oh my...happy PPF!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Love both your paintings!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Great abstracts and great that you are growing things.

LA Paylor said...

that wind! Same here in Aurora CO, it blows entire grills off patios! Your art is always uplifting!

Lisabella Russo said...

Those are both so beautiful. I love abstracts, the best of them capture emotions wonderfully. Our garden is a mess this year. I don't know if we'll grow any produce this year...

carol l mckenna said...

wonderful expressive artwork and delightful garden ~ ^_^

Be Safe, Be Well,
A ShutterBug Explores
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Tarang Sinha said...

Interesting artworks. I like the colours in the first one especially. I find gardening pictures very refreshing. :)

craftytrog said...

Beautiful art Nicole! Lovely to see you are reaping the rewards of your hard work in the garden too.
It's been cold, wet and windy here today, but the gardens need the rain. My tortoises think Winter is back, they've been sleeping most of the day!
Hope you're having a good weekend,
Alison xx

NatureFootstep said...

I like your abstract forest. But see it a bit more like a wet forest with some reflections in it :)

Take care :)