Thursday, June 4, 2020

Rain's Thursday Art Date Your Dreams

Hi Everyone!

Thank you to all of you who sent well wishes for the injection I got for my feet. They are feeling much better now. My feet have to do the lupus plus getting older not a good combination. LOL I do have a very fine doctor though.
 
Today is Thursday Art Date with Rain. Each week she has a prompt and this week is 
" Your Dream"
Immediately I thought of my actual dreams, vivid, in full color, speaking with people, fighting and feeling the hit. Since I was very little my dreams have been this way. When I was 5 yrs I had a dream of a baby bear coming up our stairs and into my room. The bear was peaceful but I was afraid of it. I ran into my parents room for safety but couldn't wake them. I had to face the bear. I had to face my fears as a little girl. In the dream the bear licked my face and we flew away together. That is only one of hundreds of dreams that I remember. So I thought paint something that takes me out of fear and the muck into the light. 





Then, I thought "Your Dreams" What are my dreams for life? What am I passionate about and how do I make those dreams come true, or not. Do all dreams have to come true? Or is it enough to just have a dream (s) to sustain you? I have a life time of dreams that have come true. I have more that I keep tucked away and maybe one day I will see them. Our dreams change with time and age. I find most people keep their dreams to themselves. One of my dreams is to be content where I live. Finding a path to this dream is not easy. 
What is a dream of yours?


Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

11 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your baby bear dream was a very healing dream!

Hot guys said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better, girl! 🙂 I like how the painting goes from bright to dark (or the other way around). It's just like life. 🙄

Crafting Queen said...

I just love this painting. So very beautiful.x

Barbara said...

This is so beautiful! And it lends itself to many interpretations. For now I’m content to feel something emerging upwards, but perhaps on another day it may Seem to be dripping downwards. Just wonderful!!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

You have painted an expressive picture on this subject and your bear dream reflects the fear in you as a child, such dreams often occur! Everyone does it differently with their dreams, some open and others hide them. Not looking what would come out of it.
Good thing you're feeling better with your feet
I wish you a good week, Elke

Christine said...

Beautiful expressive painting, thanks for sharing your dark dreams with us. I often dream that I cannot finish a task, never enough time then I wake up.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your art is gorgeous, Nicole. I think you have created a real beauty. I also enjoyed the story of the dream with the bear. You made it sound so realistic, too. I know I dream, but I never remember them unless I'm suddenly awakened during REM sleep. Then I sometimes recall them. I'm in awe you remember yours so vividly.

Glad you are feeling better feet wise. That's really good news, dear.

Cockeyed Jo said...

Stirring!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Well, your brain taught you how to rise above your fears ... you are blessed :) I have many dreams, personal dreams, dreams I have for others, dreams that find me in my sleep (which sadly or maybe gladly, I rarely remember). Like you, most of my dreams have already come true, so when Rain posted her prompt, I had a hard time thinking of any of my own dreams, though now that the subject has been stirred in my brain, I find I have more than I realized. As our world seems to want to crumble down around us, I find that dreams become more numerous and more meaningful. I loved your painting, by the way. Isn't it interesting that the act of taking ourselves out of the muck and fear always seems to be in an upward direction ... hmmmm :) Great, thought provoking post, Nicole ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

NatureFootstep said...

I loved your dream, it was a beautiful one. Normally I rarely remember dreams. And those I remember often makes me mad.
Take care and sweet dreams.

Rain said...

I love how you faced your fears with the bear dream Nicole. And your painting is beautiful. Oh my dreams...I am living them for the most part. For the first 4 decades of my life, I was lost on the wrong path. It took so much self-thought and alone time to find the right path for me. I still have a ways to go, but the journey is awesome!