Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Painting and a request please.

Hi Everyone!
We have a break in the rain for a few hours. I really want it to be summer. Which is not really summer here. It doesn't get very warm, the wind is constant and cold coming off the Pacific ocean. With that said it is better than constant rain. LOL
I am doing something that helps the body, mind and spirit while we are still locked down. Painting a face without a plan, without thinking. The idea is to paint your feelings. Just pick up a brush with paint and begin.  No plan, no drawing it out first, just feel it. If you are angry, sad, happy, or what ever you are feeling. I have done two faces and really love how they turned out. 
It is a great exercise, try it and see what comes out.

This first one really changed as I painted. When it was finished, I realized the right eye truly represents how  much eye sight I have lost in that eye. (No, the doctors have never fixed it)


I didn't intend to use a pallet knife, however, 
I was putting paint on the canvas with a knife and 
before I knew it this is what I created.  
I am very surprised I used shades of blue. Not my favorite color at all.
Again with out thinking, the right eye is diminished. 
I guess it bothers me more than I think or let on.


This is a very fun way to paint I hope you try it.
Where ever you live I am wishing the very best of days for you.

Now for a request. My daughter is very ill and has been tested for covid,
she is home but not doing well. Please, what ever your belief system would you 
send healing energy, prayers and good thoughts to her.
Her name is April Dawn. 
Thank you so much.


Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

The paintings are very expressive! Sorry about your dai, all the best for a speedy healing. Stay safe, Valerie

Debra She Who Seeks said...

May April Dawn recover quickly and fully! What a worrying time for you all. Best wishes.

Crafting Queen said...

Sending healing prayers to you daughter. Love your faces,will give this a try.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Might have to give that technique a try.
Hope April Dawn is well again soon.

Debra said...

Yes I will pray for your daughter. Pleae keep us posted about her.
I LOVE your paintings. I'm going to try that.

Lowcarb team member said...

Saying a healing prayer for your daughter.

All the best Jan

craftytrog said...

Wonderfully expressive paintings Nicole, and I will pray for your daughter's complete recovery, healing for your eye, and for peace and calm for you all.
Hugs,
Alison x

Magic Love Crow said...

Continuing healing prayers for April Dawn! I feel your paintings have a lot of emotion! They are very powerful! Big Hugs!

NatureFootstep said...

Hi Nicole, What a lovely name for your daughter. I hope she is getting better by now. :)

Love what you did with the painting. So interesting that the paintings shows your eye issue so well. Not sure I can do such work. ;)

Sue (this n that) said...

By now I've read about the glad results your dear daughter has. Sorry I didn't visit here earlier or I too would have added my support.
Thanks for explaining further about that intuitive way to paint. I think its amazing how your subconscious has picked up on your feelings about your eyesight. Both are great works. All the best as you, and we, work through these weeks xx