Thursday, May 7, 2020

TAD with Rain And PPF

Hi Everyone! 

First VERY GOOD NEWS. My daughter's covid test came in and she is negative. Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. She is battling bacterial pneumonia so please continue to send her healing energy. For those who asked, she got her test at the urgent care in Stafford, VA. It took 24 hours for the results. Which I think is pretty fast.

Earlier today I posted TAD with Rain. I am adding PPF to this post. Stop by to see all of the fabulous artists that show their creations every week.

Here is another of my "don't think just paint" pieces. I have one more that I will finish tomorrow and then the class is over. I learned a lot by painting this way, not only about painting but about my self. I will definitely continue to create this way, especially for emotional health.
To see the other pieces you can click here

I started this one with the hair. I had no idea that this bright coiffure
would lead to this face
 
TAD with Rain
This is Thursday Art Date with Rain. The prompt today is "Your Flower" it can be any flower you like or your Zodiac flower. If you read my post yesterday you know that I am doing an art exerciser where you don't think of what you are painting. Meaning, you don't have a plan, you allow your feelings to run through your hand and you just paint. It is suppose to be with faces but for TAD I tried a flower. It works for that too. It is suppose to allow what ever feelings you are experiencing to come out. I really like this way of painting.  Anyway here is "My Flower"
My Zodiac flower is the poppy, which seems strange to me. I have never been pulled to that flower. In fact a daisy type flower excites me. I even go a tattoo of one on my shoulder when I was 15. Yep, long before girls were getting tats. That is a story for another time. LOL
Going into this painting I closed my eyes did some deep breathing and went for it. 
As you can see my fantasy flower. 


Later this evening I will add onto this post and join in with PPF
For now have a great day.


Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

28 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Thank God for the good news about your daughter, may she continue to get well. Great painting, Valerie

Karen said...

Terrific challenge and it turned out great ~ I'm glad your daughter's test came back negative, and I hope she recovers quickly. Enjoy the rest of your week ~

Christine said...

I like daisies, yours is lovely!

Christine said...

and so happy about your daughter but hope she gets better soon.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope your daughter feels better soon. Pneumonia is better than Covid-19 but still tough. I want to hear about your tattoo! And photos please.

Barbara said...

Just catching up here, and before I even got a chance to comment on your other post you have good news already! Hallelujah! I’m your daughter will be well soon with all the good thoughts and prayers coming her way, but the worst is behind her, thank goodness! Now onto something that you know I can relate, to painting without a thought or plan. I call it “improvisational painting”. I have done so much of that and I also love it, it really is a freeing exercise. I love your flower, it almost looks alive! It really is awesome!

Crafting Queen said...

Anohter lovely painting. Did try the exercise with the face, was great fun.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A wonderful flower from within!
What can come out of such a painting is always something exciting!
Great that I'm happy that her daughter is negative and I wish her a speedy recovery!
Take care of yourself and stay healthy
Greetings Elke

Gillena Cox said...

Happy your daughter is okay
Happy Thursday Nicole
Much💙🌎💚love

Crafting Queen said...

Great news about your daughter. Love the flower painting.

John said...

Wonderful news about your daughter, thank God. You must be relieved. Love that face. It is so full of life, just what we need right now. Have a great weekend. Stay safe.

Gillena Cox said...

Happy PPF Nicole

Much💚🌎💙love

Debra said...

So relieved your daughter is negative for the virus. Still praying for her.
I like your paintings done that way-without thinking about what the outcome will be. I think that's how children do art-they truly express themselves. I so need to get back to that! Thanks so much for this post.

sirkkis said...

Wonderful art.
Happy and healthy PPF and weekend ❤️

Susan said...

Nice fantasy flower. I especially like the grace of the stems and the lightning on them Happy PPF

Linda Kunsman said...

Great news on your daughter. Continued healing prayers for her.
Love that portrait with the vibrant hair, and your abstract flower is a delight. Happy PPF!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Glad to hear the good news about your daughter. I see other plays 'Thursday Art Date" I should look in to it a little more.
I like "Tad" friendly and fun looking being.
PPF

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

My heart goes out to you and I am thankful that your daughter doesn't have Covid19 ... Pneumonia can be rough, but relief from the fear of "the virus" will allow her to put her strength to her healing. I wish her well. My daughter too has been tested. She is in a Nursing Home (yes ... scary) for physical therapy and they tested all of the clients. We don't know the results yet, but she seems well ... no signs or symptoms so far. I love your art ... I can see the concern for your daughter in your painted face. Your flower is magnificent and I have know idea what you were feeling, but your stem and leaves have outdone your flower petals .... hmmmm. Do you know what you are feeling when you paint this way, or do you just let things happen. Whatever you do, it is successful :) Stay safe and be well ...

Andrea @ Form the Sol

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

So pleased to hear your daughters test came back negative, hope she is well again soon

denthe said...

Wow Nicole, good news about your daughter! That must've been scary .... Hope she'll recover soon! I love the idea behind your "don't think just paint"-pieces. They're looking fabulous too! Love the roots of your fantasy flower. Nice colour! Stay safe & happy PPF! xox

carol l mckenna said...

What a divinely created flower ~ gorgeous ~ ^_^

Be Well,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Magic Love Crow said...

I am so happy your daughter doesn't have corvid! I will keep her in my prayers! I think both your art pieces are cool! I want to see the tattoo!! Please! Big Hugs and Stay Safe!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Fascinated by the square eye - adds so much power and the flower is beautifully done.
Happy you daughter is okay but even so, pneumonia is no joke. Hoping for a full recovery.

NatureFootstep said...

interesting work with the faces. I did take a look at the other two :)

Re your question about the visor I created. It is quite easy to do. It is made for use on spectacles. I used a plastic OH-sheet, but I guess a plastic file for A4 paper would do good to if you can see through it. I made two holes in the upper part of the sheet and then You put the spectacles sidepieces in the holes with the plastic in front of the glasses. 
Works well as long as there is not strong winds blowing them around. And I don´t get steam on my glasses. :)
Take care, stay safe.

Kristin Dudish said...

Glad to hear about your good news - I will keep your daughter in my thoughts as she continues to heal. (I love the blue hair - it took you in a fun direction!)

Lowcarb team member said...

That is good news about your daughter, continued prayers and positive thoughts for her healing.
Great art, thanks for sharing.

All the best Jan

Sue (this n that) said...

So glad to read of your daughter's results - such a relief for all of you xx
I love your way of painting Nicole and will go back to the previous post to read all about it, I'm definitely intrigued.
Your flower is gorgeous, well done :D) xx

Rain said...

Hi Nicole :) I'm so happy to hear about your daughter, but hope by the time I get updated that she is in much better health, she has my thoughts and prayers! That is an interesting way of painting, I have often just painted from my heart, but I've always had an idea in mind. I've tried to paint abstract before but I find it stressful for some reason lol! Your flower turned out beautiful!