Sunday, February 23, 2020

Almond Spice Cookies

Hi Everyone!

A few weeks ago on my post for Rain's Thursday Art Date I posted some Almond Cardamom Spice cookies.  Felicity over at http://felicity-art.blogspot.com/ wanted the recipe so I thought I would share it with all of you. It is really quite ease and I do make them two different ways. 
You will need
1 cup butter. Unsalted is good but I never have that on hand.
2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, ( 3 if you use the Almond flour) 
You always need more egg when using Almond flour 
1 teaspoon Almond extract. ( I actually use more I love the flavor. 2 teaspoons.)
3 cups of flour. (for a more cake like cookie use 2 cups of white flour 1 cup of Almond flour)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1to 2 teaspoon of cardamom I like the taste so I use 2 teaspoons. 
If you want to add other spices use 1 teaspoon each.
Combine butter and sugar and beat until creamy. 
Add eggs and extract mix again until creamy
In a smaller bowl gently mix all dry ingredients.
Then add small amounts to the butter mixture until all are mixed together. 
This part you can do any way you like. The mixture needs to be refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. You can leave it in the bowl but it is difficult to spoon out. I place parchment paper on cookie sheet and spoon out the dough adding Almonds or Almond slivers to the top, then place the sheets in the fridg. I bake at 350° 
for about 15 minute or until the edges of the cookies are golden. 
I have other Almond cookie recipes but this one is crispy on the edges and cake like in the middle. Soooo good. I hope you try these.



Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

They look and sound yummy!

Lowcarb team member said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Happy Sunday to you.

All the best Jan

Rain said...

They look delicious! Thanks for posting the recipe!

Valerie-Jael said...

These look good, thanks for sharing! Have a great new week! Valerie

Cathy Kennedy said...

Nicole,

These sound good. Tell me what does cream of tartar do for the recipe? I might have to try to make this for DH. He loves cookies!

DVArtist said...

Kathy Cream of tartar mixed with backing soda makes the cookies rise. These are so good, cake like cookies.

Felicity said...

Nicole, hello, looks tasty :)
be happy
Nat