Monday, February 24, 2020

Monday Memories

Hi Everyone!
Monday Memories has taken me to 2009 when I was 1 of 4 guests of the Toho Bead Family. We were flown to Narita airport boarded the The Keisei Skyliner to Hiroshima. That in itself  was a wonderful experience. You don't realize you are traveling 200mph. Our hosts spared no expense in showing us that part of Japan and the food was beyond anything I thought it was. Ohhh and one particular beer was pretty good too. LOL We were taken to shops, the best restaurants, art galleries and of course the Hiroshima museum. No one leaves there dry eyed. After our 7 days with the Toho family the 4 of us opted to spend another week on our own. I loved being in Japan, I love the people, their customs and the way of life. We were able to see everything from traditional living to the wonderful street kids dressed in everything from baby doll to hood. In addition I was impressed that EVERYONE dresses. We only say one Japanese man in jeans. With all that we saw and experienced the Japanese people were what made the trip so wonderful.  When I returned home, I told my husband if we weren't together I would be moving to Japan. The memories of that visit is one of the highlights of my life. 
Enjoy just a few of the photos I have.

This guy was so funny. He took us too places off the tourist trail



 This is the Toho offices.

 Watching glass seed beads being made. This is just one of the steps.
 This is one of the factory workers. Her laughter was so infectious.

We had a cooking glass too.
 Then ate what we prepared. Oh yeah the beer.
 Geishas are beautiful, graceful and treated with the highest respect.




 Now you can't go to Japan without using a tradition toilet. 
Easy to get down not so getting up LOL.
However, the hotels and public bathrooms all have very modern toilets with all kinds of extras on them. Like bidets, and heated seats. Wayyyy better than American toilets. LOL

These are some of the functions you can choose.


I will also say that EVERYTHING is spotlessly clean no matter where we went.


Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I loved being in Japan too! Your post brought back lots of memories. I didn't go through the Hiroshima Museum but stayed outside in the beautiful commemorative park instead, looking at the memorials there. I couldn't handle the museum. We were on a bullet train too -- so cool! And Toto Toilets! How I miss them!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was blown away by your post. What an amazing trip and what a lifetime experience. Stunning photos and absolutely beautiful memories. It's amazing when you are treated as well as you and the other artists were. Seeing how those beads were made must have been one of the highlights of the trip, too. Such an incredibly memorable post, Nicole.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

it was a wonderful memory. Thank you for these nice insights from there!A wonderful country and people!
Greetings Elke

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like you have some great memories from your trip to Japan. Valerie

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful experience this must have been. My brother-in-law lived there for a couple of years. He loved it as well.

craftytrog said...

Wow! It sounds like an amazing experience Nicole! Great photos! x