Sunday, December 15, 2019

End of year to do list

Hi Everyone!

It is crazy that there are only 16 days left of this year.
 I am glad 2019 is almost over. It has been a tough year for us.
So there are some things I do before Jan.1. I go through just about everything and get rid of what I don't wear, use, or want any longer.  The other thing is to clean my house top to bottom. Superstition says that if your house is clean at the first of the year it will be that way all year long. Nowwww you still have to clean all year. LOL It is more organizing than anything for me. Today I am going through my paintings. Some I just can't part with and some need to be painted over or sold.  Here are a few that are going away. 
As artist we know that not everything turns out great.



This is a larger canvas so I will paint over this.

This is a fun piece and I think will go to a friend.

This one is actually sold

Uhhhh paint over LOL

paint over

and paint over


There are a lot more to look at to see if they will be sold, painted over, or maybe just thrown out. LOL  Have a great Sunday everyone!

Nicole/DVArtist 
Honor and integrity in art, in life.

7 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Fabulous art. And I really like the idea of a big clean out. I do clean my house right around the first, but I don't go through clothes and all that, but how nice to get that done. And a great way to start the new year.

Rain said...

Hi Nicole :) I have some "paint overs" as well! Canvas isn't cheap! :) I know everyone's taste is different, but I actually like that first canvas photo you posted that you said you'd paint over! I like the idea of not having to do much housework for a year, I think I'll make sure the house is spic and span for New Year's Eve!!! :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

For the past three weeks, I have been cleaning, sorting, trashing, recycling, etc. And that is in just my office. I bought a new couch for my office and it is larger than the love seat that is in there now. That meant the whole room has to be changed around. It's been a nightmare, but I'm finally seeing the light of day, or at least I hope so. HOWEVER, every other room has suffered, and I will NEVER get every room cleaned before the new year. I certainly admire what you have been doing, though. This is a remarkable task. I think you should keep your paintings, even if you paint over them. I looked at the cost of canvases, especially those ready for painting, and I was shocked at the cost. I admire what you have done and am very proud of you.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Cleaning up is always good, I always do! if I have the feeling to paint it over or throw it away then it should be like this!
then have fun cleaning and cleaning
greetings Elke

craftytrog said...

I need to have a clean out, we have so much stuff!!! I will settle for a tidy, dust and vacuum this week. The good thing about art journaling is that a book doesn't take up too much room :-)
Happy new week,
Alison x

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I suppose the end of the year is a good time to sort, remove and clean. For me that usually happens in January. I too will be glad to see 2019 fade away.
Merry Christmas
xx, Carol

Cathy Kennedy said...

Nicole,

Hmmm, well I have too much cleaning to do to be ready for the 1st so I guess that means my house won't be clean throughout the new year. Bah-hum-bug to that! :D